Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Portsmouth friendly

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes, but what harm does it do to let us know the goalscorers names ?

Top secret trialists are traditionally named as A.Trialist.

It’s a guess but I’m pretty sure that Potter ordered this blackout because of the desire to protect some young players from the covetous attention of certain Northern Monkeys who are going to ridiculous lengths to unsettle and play mind games with them. The decision to keep EVERYTHING under wraps to shield his squad is very prudent because young lads DO pay attention to their social media feeds and, frankly, some of the antics we’ve seen are very unwelcome in this phase of pre season.

Potter understands the psychology of elite athletes and I’m hugely glad that he is applying his knowledge to manage the situation. Anything that gives certain “influences” who are seizing on every tiny snippet of information to upset our potential key players purely to distract and cause mischief is unwelcome.

It’s no secret that certain fans of certain clubs feel greatly offended that we aren’t sticking our arses in the air for them. The lengths they’d go to are seemingly endless. Better wrap these lads in cotton wool is by far the best option.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Setting aside the nature of the comments/ratings, how do you suppose Skaville managed to watch this ‘behind closed doors’ friendly?! Doh!
Sat with a pair of military grade binoculars on the top of the hill at Lancing Manor....

174b3be8278da21dd4fcb88a951e4e83.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1297180729659531264[/TWEET]

Looks like Veltman had a nice introduction to English football.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Connelly scored twice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would not surprise me. Who else thinks Connelly will be a bit of a beast when he starts the season. He looked a lot sharper when he came back at the restart. There a prolific goalscorer in the making waiting to happen IMHO. With Maupay settled and firing on all cylinders these two should bag more goals than last season. The missing link is the elusive tall keep the ball up Murray type of striker.:cheers:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I am fully aware I will be laughed off the board, but I have no idea what TNBA means. I see it on all your posts and its driving me mad. Please put me out of my misery (I just know its going to be blindingly obvious). Thank you

I’ve been seeing it for years and I have absolutely no idea either!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I am fully aware I will be laughed off the board, but I have no idea what TNBA means. I see it on all your posts and its driving me mad. Please put me out of my misery (I just know its going to be blindingly obvious). Thank you

It's a reference to Brighton-born comedian Max Miller

TNBA - There'll never be another

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Type it into Google and it gives you 'The New Batman Adventures'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I’ve bottled asking that very question for about 15 years - thanks for manning up and doing it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe I’m being blind but can’t see a threat on the league cup draw - Portsmouth at home :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Idont see Pompey as a threat, side no, supporters maybe :lolol:

:lol: worst thing isn’t the typo - there was a thread on it I just couldn’t see it and my search of Portsmouth didn’t bring it up :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
:lol: worst thing isn’t the typo - there was a thread on it I just couldn’t see it and my search of Portsmouth didn’t bring it up :facepalm:

That's because you should have searched for TW@TS not Portsmouth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here