Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth fc - a rant. Might get me banned but has to be done

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I despise the shower of shite from the wrong end of the A27. Always have done. They disgust me. They are grubby and unpleasant. I hate everything about them but especially the way their fans who only have one song (that "Play up tax dodgng inbreds , tax doding inbreds play up" dirge - you know the one) are held up as being the best fans in the country. Really? Re *cking aly?

Their continued existence is much more than an irritation to me. It makes me angry. Incandescent with rage even. I doff my hat to Edna K who puts into words her disgust at their continued existence far better than I ever could.

During the summer and autumn when they weasled their way out of the fate that justice seemed to inevitably lie in wait for them I wept tears of frustration. Why? Why were they allowed to continue their grubby , hideous existence. It was just so unfair.

Well today all became clear. They had to continue so that the incestuous, six fingered , bell ringing , six fingered filth that pass as their fans could witness the beautiful game in all it's glory. To see that it's possible to assemble a wonderful team that plays fantastic football AND pays it's PAYE!

Now this has come to pass I trust that they will have the good grace to slink away and die a death with whatever tiny amount of dignity they are capable of summoning up.

Thank you for indulging me in this little rant.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
1/10 Barely registers as a rant. No matter how much hatred towards a football team I have I would never want them to go out of existence.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
1/10 Barely registers as a rant. No matter how much hatred towards a football team I have I would never want them to go out of existence.

This

ooops sorry I am trying to be a good newbie and get my post count up before anyone reads my posts. Anyway half 3 and just a bit pissed having been out and stuff.
I agree with you pishhead, we should not wish non existence on anyone considering how close we came to it and how we found out in those dark days how many clubs supported our course, so NO I do not want Pompey to go out of existence.

I was also searching for a decent independent fan forum for the club and they really don't have one. But when I did find one through a link from here and spent an hour reading it I suddenly felt very sorry for the tortured supporters of that club. It reminded me of this club not so long ago. I put myself in the shoes of those that are dying inside to see their club going to the wall and it concerns me. I have absolutely no malice towards the supporters of that club whatsoever and if it came to them calling for help from other clubs I will be the first to put my hand in my pocket. We are rivals but we are also brothers. Brothers of support, passion, of football and location. And I would have no problem telling this message board that I have given a oner to the Pompey cause if it came to that. I don't want to see any club go through what Brighton have.

And to you Billy Mays I will give you the benefit of the doubt and think you are a little over the nine after posting at half 3. If you can re-iterate sober I'll think you are a total Knut, but I think you wouldn't believe what you posted.

All supporters of all clubs are in this together, the survival of our clubs are paramount. And I don't want to see ANY club go under and that includes Crystal Palace. And it doesn't make you a bad fan to believe in this, makes you a true football supporter.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
This

ooops sorry I am trying to be a good newbie and get my post count up before anyone reads my posts. Anyway half 3 and just a bit pissed having been out and stuff.
I agree with you pishhead, we should not wish non existence on anyone considering how close we came to it and how we found out in those dark days how many clubs supported our course, so NO I do not want Pompey to go out of existence.

I was also searching for a decent independent fan forum for the club and they really don't have one. But when I did find one through a link from here and spent an hour reading it I suddenly felt very sorry for the tortured supporters of that club. It reminded me of this club not so long ago. I put myself in the shoes of those that are dying inside to see their club going to the wall and it concerns me. I have absolutely no malice towards the supporters of that club whatsoever and if it came to them calling for help from other clubs I will be the first to put my hand in my pocket. We are rivals but we are also brothers. Brothers of support, passion, of football and location. And I would have no problem telling this message board that I have given a oner to the Pompey cause if it came to that. I don't want to see any club go through what Brighton have.

And to you Billy Mays I will give you the benefit of the doubt and think you are a little over the nine after posting at half 3. If you can re-iterate sober I'll think you are a total Knut, but I think you wouldn't believe what you posted.

All supporters of all clubs are in this together, the survival of our clubs are paramount. And I don't want to see ANY club go under and that includes Crystal Palace. And it doesn't make you a bad fan to believe in this, makes you a true football supporter.

Well put. (Sorry that should have been "This")

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry I will also just add that we should be a role model to all those clubs that find themselves in our position and from board down to supporters we should give our experience and support, however badly managed in the past, to clubs that have the same plight. We should be rightly proud of this club turning itself around, new facilities, hopefully success and we should help the clubs that need help if they request it from us. We certainly asked, got and recieved it from them. We are all brothers in football.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I despise the shower of shite from the wrong end of the A27. Always have done. They disgust me. They are grubby and unpleasant. I hate everything about them but especially the way their fans who only have one song (that "Play up tax dodgng inbreds , tax doding inbreds play up" dirge - you know the one) are held up as being the best fans in the country. Really? Re *cking aly?

Their continued existence is much more than an irritation to me. It makes me angry. Incandescent with rage even. I doff my hat to Edna K who puts into words her disgust at their continued existence far better than I ever could.

During the summer and autumn when they weasled their way out of the fate that justice seemed to inevitably lie in wait for them I wept tears of frustration. Why? Why were they allowed to continue their grubby , hideous existence. It was just so unfair.

Well today all became clear. They had to continue so that the incestuous, six fingered , bell ringing , six fingered filth that pass as their fans could witness the beautiful game in all it's glory. To see that it's possible to assemble a wonderful team that plays fantastic football AND pays it's PAYE!

Now this has come to pass I trust that they will have the good grace to slink away and die a death with whatever tiny amount of dignity they are capable of summoning up.

Good rant, bad rant, who knows?.....does not warrant a ban though.............you need 3 or more spelling mistakes for that!! :lolol:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

I know what you're saying about not wanting a club to go out of existence, I would never wish this on any club, not even that lot in S London, but there IS something about the Portsmouth saga that makes me think they do actually deserve it. They may then be an example to other teams that spending money you don't have will ultimately have dire consequences. They will no doubt reform with the above mentioned "best fans in the world" and could get back in the league, a la Aldershot, so it's not the end of the world.

They moan about not having enough players in their squad and the media bleat on about how hard it is for them, but the club a a whole, brought this on themselves and the icing on the cake this season was signing that ginger twat and Lawrence, on wages they could not afford according to their own administrator (who shockingly seems to have improved the signings, in between signing autographs outside the ground [WTF?!]). WHy would they have not signed 4, maybe 6 players, admittedly of lesser quality, but who could still have done a job, whilst living within their means?

I have always hated the and would prefer to have the chance to dish out a hiding to them like yesterday, but if they did disappear I wouldn't be shedding any tears.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think we need to separate the management of the club from the fans. Pompey have been the victim of a game of pass the parcel by a bunch of glory seeking profit seekers for a good few years. Each of whom thought that they could make a quick buck, but after a few months realised that the club was leaking cash non stop. They also had the 'benefit' of Harry and his ability to persuade the board to pay OTT wages to players.

Their fans are a different kettle of fish, some are complete twats, but then so are some of ours. The football club you support does not define you, it is a function of where you were brought up, unless of course you are a daytripping gloryseeker of United/Chelsea/Liverpool etc. The vast majority of Portsmouth fans are decent, and their football club takes up the same amount of devotion and concern as the Albion does to us.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I still maintain that should they be foreced to close there will still be a Portsmouth FC. Just not in the league so their fans will still have a team to support. So yes close the fuckers down, kick them out the league and force them to apply to any non league that will allow them in. Start from the bottom again.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Good rant, bad rant, who knows?.....does not warrant a ban though.............you need 3 or more spelling mistakes for that!! :lolol:

Actually, there are 3 or more spelling mistakes ...doding, dodgng and It's.

Lifetime ban.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

So do you like 'em or not then? It's all too cryptic for a thicky like me. :shrug:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think we need to separate the management of the club from the fans. Pompey have been the victim of a game of pass the parcel by a bunch of glory seeking profit seekers for a good few years. Each of whom thought that they could make a quick buck, but after a few months realised that the club was leaking cash non stop. They also had the 'benefit' of Harry and his ability to persuade the board to pay OTT wages to players.

Their fans are a different kettle of fish, some are complete twats, but then so are some of ours. The football club you support does not define you, it is a function of where you were brought up, unless of course you are a daytripping gloryseeker of United/Chelsea/Liverpool etc. The vast majority of Portsmouth fans are decent, and their football club takes up the same amount of devotion and concern as the Albion does to us.

Good post, but I'm sure some won't understand it. We've gone down the route of comparing their situation to ours many times, I say we've both been f***ed over by bad owners.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Sorry I will also just add that we should be a role model to all those clubs that find themselves in our position and from board down to supporters we should give our experience and support, however badly managed in the past, to clubs that have the same plight. We should be rightly proud of this club turning itself around, new facilities, hopefully success and we should help the clubs that need help if they request it from us. We certainly asked, got and recieved it from them. We are all brothers in football.

Agreed.

Unfortunately I think many on here are to young to remember Fans United / those last couple of years of struggle at the Goldstone and all the support we recieved from other clubs. Either that or they did not follow the club the club in those years.

For me some of the most memorable, passion filled, and in some ways enjoyable years of being an Albion supporter, not that we would want to go through it again, OR WISH IT ON ANY OTHER TEAM / SUPPORTER.

The comradship was fantastic.

Good Luck with your post count.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Have seriously disliked Portsmouth over the recent past due to their 'success' with money that simply was never there. So many creditors got f***ed over, it bordered on the obscene.

However, the game yesterday meant that many references to Portsmouth forums were linked on NSC.

Having read some of the more informative and sensible posts on their forums.........the Club and its fans are being royally shafted by the owners. The murky dealings between Gaydamak and Chainrai make our problems with Archer look like a 'walk in the park'.

With Archer, everybody eventually realised he was just an asset stripper,and that thanks to so many protests and help from the FA, DK, the fans etc etc etc........he was finally removed.

Chainrai and Gaydamak are a completely different kettle of fish. They remain overseas.....almost untouchable and are surrounded by arms dealers, crooks, money launderers etc etc. It appears now that neither are concerned about Portsmouth FC.......merely a personal feud, with the almost inevitable result that sooner or later Portsmouth FC will fold.

Having perused a number of Portsmouth FCs forums there seems to be a growing realisation from their fans that a 'new' club formed by real Portsmouth supporters in League 2 is the only viable solution.....apparently something that was offered last year but did not have enough support or understanding from their supporters at the time. It was quite some time before the enormity of what Archer was doing to us, dawned on many of us at the time........LOL...I remember we almost made it back to the Premiership with Archer in control, oblivious at the time what a **** Archer really was...!

On reflection, do I like Portsmouth..? No. Do I like their fans...? No, not really.

Do I think they deserve the shit that's going on with their club...? No...not at all.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Calling Edna...........pulls up chair and waits......

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Have seriously disliked Portsmouth over the recent past due to their 'success' with money that simply was never there. So many creditors got f***ed over, it bordered on the obscene.

However, the game yesterday meant that many references to Portsmouth forums were linked on NSC.

Having read some of the more informative and sensible posts on their forums.........the Club and its fans are being royally shafted by the owners. The murky dealings between Gaydamak and Chainrai make our problems with Archer look like a 'walk in the park'.

With Archer, everybody eventually realised he was just an asset stripper,and that thanks to so many protests and help from the FA, DK, the fans etc etc etc........he was finally removed.

Chainrai and Gaydamak are a completely different kettle of fish. They remain overseas.....almost untouchable and are surrounded by arms dealers, crooks, money launderers etc etc. It appears now that neither are concerned about Portsmouth FC.......merely a personal feud, with the almost inevitable result that sooner or later Portsmouth FC will fold.

Having perused a number of Portsmouth FCs forums there seems to be a growing realisation from their fans that a 'new' club formed by real Portsmouth supporters in League 2 is the only viable solution.....apparently something that was offered last year but did not have enough support or understanding from their supporters at the time. It was quite some time before the enormity of what Archer was doing to us, dawned on many of us at the time........LOL...I remember we almost made it back to the Premiership with Archer in control, oblivious at the time what a **** Archer really was...!

On reflection, do I like Portsmouth..? No. Do I like their fans...? No, not really.

Do I think they deserve the shit that's going on with their club...? No...not at all.

So, what are they doing to get rid of these owners? Oh, it appears nothing, apart from spouting off on the internet and to each other in pubs. Maybe that is because they enjoyed the success they had and didn't care about how it was happening. Portsmouth FC can continue to exist, even if the current club goes under. The club, as it is at the moment, is a disgrace and I accept it is not the fans fault, but they are letting it happen to a certain extent.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So, what are they doing to get rid of these owners? Oh, it appears nothing, apart from spouting off on the internet and to each other in pubs. Maybe that is because they enjoyed the success they had and didn't care about how it was happening. Portsmouth FC can continue to exist, even if the current club goes under. The club, as it is at the moment, is a disgrace and I accept it is not the fans fault, but they are letting it happen to a certain extent.

I can't honestly disagree with your viewpoint.........in fact I've posted very similar comments in the past.

Like us with Archer and Bellotti, it took quite some time before the 'truth' dawned and as a club, the fans united and fought Archer. As I mentioned in my previous post, we went to the play-off final at Wembley with ..?...25-30,000 supporters...happy to enjoy the hoped for future success and nobody seriously questioning how all this could be afforded or WTF Archer was doing.

Not until almost extinction AND our ground was sold , did the fans finally mobilise themselves.

I'm really not trying to make excuses for Portsmouth or their fans......just saying that having looked a little more carefully at their situation rather than just the tabloids often uninformative writings of journalists, their status as a league club is more under threat because of crooked ownership, than I realised..........and I don't believe we can lay the blame so heavily at their supporters feet.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Spot on with this post but i think a lot of fans hate Portsmouth so much because of the lenient way they have been dealt with by the F.A and F.L....They ammassed a debt above 100 million....yes 100 million to buy their way to Premiership football and two cup finals, one of course they won the cup! Oh how the fans celebrated and glory-hunting fans were picked up on the way. Less than three years on the team representing the club are still on massive wages they can ill-afford and they still have had players on loan. Why why are they treated so differently to say Bournemouth.....who i have to say have worked a miracle on loan embargo's and transfer sales to keep afloat!
Yes i hate Portsmouth with a passion for several different reasons but the true Portsmouth supporter should have witnessed sufficient punishment from the authorities to reduce thier team to its rightful place....starting again at grass-roots football and the chance to build on a well earned platform to relaunch the clubs potential. Believe me the honest football loving Portsmouth fan would rather start again and build a team climbing the league than lurch from one disasterous regime to another and the lenient manner they have been dealt with has not frightened off the vulture-like gold diggers!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here