Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Portable Cabin at the Goldstone Ground

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Was there a portable cabin that sold hot drinks in the old days at the Goldstone Ground? Bottom right of the North stand looking out?

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
There was a tea hut on the NW terrace just under the west stand roof and a portacabin at the back of the car park that was the club shop with dear old Terry Gill and his daughter Angela running it.
Knew Angela for years lost contact with her, when the goldstone closed she was working in a sandwich shop top of my road run by a sussex cc players wife

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There was a tea hut on the NW terrace just under the west stand roof and a portacabin at the back of the car park that was the club shop with dear old Terry Gill and his daughter Angela running it.
IIRC the one by the West Stand sold alcohol in plastic bottles

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if anyone knew was related to or even remember the bloke who took East Stand / North Stand transfer money

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes - right opposite the men’s bogs. The combo of tinned boiled burgers cooking on griddles, with concentrated piss flowing just a few metres away, was truly nauseating. And yet, as god is my witness, I saw people buy this “food” throughout the 80s and 90s until the Goldstone closed.

All of the above however should be read in the context of the away end at Leyton Orient circa 1999/2000…:eek:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Yes - right opposite the men’s bogs. The combo of tinned boiled burgers cooking on griddles, with concentrated piss flowing just a few metres away, was truly nauseating. And yet, as god is my witness, I saw people buy this “food” throughout the 80s and 90s until the Goldstone closed.

All of the above however should be read in the context of the away end at Leyton Orient circa 1999/2000…:eek:
….or Selhurst Park 2022/23

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
That was a great Programme shed in the West and at the time you could freely walk from the North into the NW (pre Lego stand)
As I side issue I’ve recently joined a FB football programme sellers group and most of the Internationals and Cup Finals I bought there are now worth less than what I paid for them in 1978

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
On a side note, does anyone have a photo of the interior of the old portacabin (I think) club shop at the Goldstone? I remember buying the Spall club tracksuit in there. If memory serves the old shop became the ticket office and they opened this one instead.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
On a side note, does anyone have a photo of the interior of the old portacabin (I think) club shop at the Goldstone? I remember buying the Spall club tracksuit in there. If memory serves the old shop became the ticket office and they opened this one instead.
For a short while in the late 80s there was the signage “Albion Trophies Limited” on the shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here