The Fatherland
f1ea25c61af55090ffb1d5b6d29cc937_zps2bcda97f.jpg

94db5011feae3b4f6041129afbfe2376_zps604c775b.jpg

They both look the same to me

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Jag exhaust sounds awesome especially when downshifting. Cayman is a poor mans 911. I would have recently gone for the f-type if I didn't need some bigger for work, plumped for new X5

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Yeah I think I lean towards the jag. I think you'd get more performance etc for your money with the porsche but the jag just screams class where as the porsche screams I've got a Porsche look at me.

Are you actually looking to purchase? if so organise a extended test drive of both, you can't make a decision purely on what they look like and sitting in the drivers seat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
agree with this don't waste your money have a 911

Latest Cayman is a better looking car and I suggest quicker round the twisty bits as it is mid engined and probably won't kill you around a corner going too fast in the wet. The 911 myth is born of snobbery nothing less, it's a 1960's car that has lived on too long and has it's engine in the wrong place.

I have a 968 which is also quicker car around the twisty bits than a same generation 911 and I'm bored of the 911 snobbery.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Head says Porsche, heart says Jag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I guess I will choose the German car over the Indian one.

kjgood

Latest Cayman is a better looking car and I suggest quicker round the twisty bits as it is mid engined and probably won't kill you around a corner going too fast in the wet. The 911 myth is born of snobbery nothing less, it's a 1960's car that has lived on too long and has it's engine in the wrong place.

I have a 968 which is also quicker car around the twisty bits than a same generation 911 and I'm bored of the 911 snobbery.[/QUOTE

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is the 911 is the far better option. You dont mention if you have ever owned a 911 (any model version) for a period of time but i can tell you that compared to the 924/944/968 its a totally different and quality animal.

The snobbery between the air cooled and water cooled models does get a bit silly at times i agree. You obviously enjoy your version i enjoy mine and believe that if you are spending hard earned money that a 911 is the better package all round than the jag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here