Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Popular sports you don't give a rats arse about.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
They swap once, both teams have to bat otherwise it's a bit pointless. Each innings is about 75 minutes.

Sorry. I'm just trying to ban cricket. They take up too much space down our local park, and the grass isn't cut outside their oval rope thing so the boy and I have to play through a 6 foot jungle.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm going to say it again, because I've actually thought about how much I dislike it when it pops up on tv. Golf, again.
Even the star of Golf is so boring. The Open will be all over ESPN over here, God save us.

Went to Arlington speedway last year and in almost every heat the rider who got off the start line first finished first, the rider who got away second finished second, the rider who got away third finished third and the rider who got away fourth finished fourth. Fascinating stuff.

Me too. Went many years ago with a fanatical Eagles fan (he did mad things like going to Berwick, the nearly Scottish one, to watch them). The bikes went round and round and round. Then they did it again. And again. And again. God it was boring. Commentators voice was strangely familiar though.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cycling
Horse Racing
Rugby League
Golf - although I occasionally watch The Ryder Cup if there's a chance of giving the Yanks a spanking
Rugby Union - although I did jump on the band chariot when England won the World Cup

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Main one is GOLF! Absolutely hate it, plus all American sports so baseball, american football, basketball and ice Hockey, never quite got into horse racing either, and despite following rugby union I've never really followed or enjoyed rugby league.

Apart from that I pretty much like and follow all other sports, so that's football, cricket, r union, tennis, cycling, snooker and I kind of follow formula one and boxing, only watch the really big fights (such as Forch v Groves last month) and might sit down to watch an F1 race towards the end of the season if there's something riding on it but that's as far as it goes.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I remember staying at my sister's in Leicester when Albion were playing some midlands team on the day England won the rugby world cup. As Johnny Wilkinson was lining up to take the winning kick I was outside sitting in the taxi we'd called to take us to the station holding it for my mates who were still inside watching because I really couldn't give a toss.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The test for me is whether i would actually pay to see another sport other than football or cricket, to date I never have. I applied for almost £7000 worth of 2012 Olympic tickets and got nothing apart from 4 tickets to Wembley to see some football:facepalm:

I can't stomach anything involving horses, tennis, rugby, anything American or winter sports (basically numerous variations of sliding on ice and snow).

I used to hate golf and dont watch it as a rule but recently woke up on the sofa and watched the closing stages of the US open i think it was and it was quite gripping stuff and some yank called Bubba something or other won.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You may be right but I'm not going to get into that debate as I like watching Darts, Snooker & Pool !!

None of which are a sport

*ducks*

The test for me is whether i would actually pay to see another sport other than football or cricket, to date I never have. I applied for almost £7000 worth of 2012 Olympic tickets and got nothing apart from 4 tickets to Wembley to see some football:facepalm:

That's a pretty good test. I can happily say that I used to pay to go to the darts every winter for a lads night out drinking and betting and being lairy. Later in life when I lived in Asia I also spent great days at two different 9 ball pool championships (a round of the Star Sports League and the world championships - took a Fillipino mate to the first and we met Efren Reyes afterwards having a beer and smoke outside the venue - he got mobbed).

I have also paid for half a season of Super 12 Rugby (as it was then) in Sydney and been to watch England at Twickers and been to American Football and Basketball matches. I don't think I'd pay for the tennis or golf so I'll have to add them to my dislikes!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Basketball, snooker, club rugby, golf (apart from the Ryder cup), horse racing, F1, darts, and plenty more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here