Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poppy badges.

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
I struggle with the standard ones. Crushed and lost in a few hours owing to my vigorous and peripatetic lifestyle. This robust option is very welcome. And I won't make the mistake of wearing it all year (a new fad I've noticed lately - akin to an old Italian widow wearing her weeds till her last breath; a bit weird).

You’ve only noticed people wearing it all year “lately” ? You either noticed it earlier than “lately” ? Or it’s people wearing it for this year ! Pedant of the year award goes to (drum roll) ME.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’ve only noticed people wearing it all year “lately” ? You either noticed it earlier than “lately” ? Or it’s people wearing it for this year ! Pedant of the year award goes to (drum roll) ME.

Nah. [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] is safe.

Lately can refer to 'in recent years'. The Albion have mostly been a lower league club but have graced the Premier League lately.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amazon prime free ...

gets you some december premier games viewing too.

The free delivery with Prime pays for itself multiple times over for me - we probably get at least 1-2 things a week delivered. Almost always next day as well. Add the film library/programme streaming and now football to that and it's fantastic value.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These are very good. Buy the ones with the year on so no one can call you a cheapskate for wearing last years.

Not for me.

I have an Albion one without a date on it, and once I start wearing it each year, I put the £3 or so in the first collection I see. No point IMO, in them having the cost of making a new one for me each year :shrug:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not for me.

I have an Albion one without a date on it, and once I start wearing it each year, I put the £3 or so in the first collection I see. No point IMO, in them having the cost of making a new one for me each year :shrug:

This.

I don’t wear a poppy to say, “look at me I’ve donated” nor even to say, “I’ve remembered” - the poppy is a reminder to those who may have forgotten of the sacrifices made by so many.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Not for me.

Fair enough Hans, there is probably quite a few people that do the same, but I bet there is quite a few that don't.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"All Proceeds from the sale of this badge go to the Royal British Legion".

That's good, when you put your money in a collecting box you know exactly where its all going, I was not sure if Amazon would skim some off for " costs " .

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That's good, when you put your money in a collecting box you know exactly where its all going, I was not sure if Amazon would skim some off for " costs " .

Ah, I’m not sure about buying through Amazon... I got mine from the club shop as I’ve done last couple of years. Hopefully Amazon don’t take a penny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Albion 2020 Poppy pin badges are now available via the Poppy shop.

Doesn't look like we will get to wear one to a game, but can still wear out and about and support the good work that the British Legion do.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
The Albion 2020 Poppy pin badges are now available via the Poppy shop.

Doesn't look like we will get to wear one to a game, but can still wear out and about and support the good work that the British Legion do.

Exactly. And we can show our gratitude to the Club's players, staff and supporters who didn't make it home or who died as a result of enemy aerial action against our Sussex towns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here