Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Popov the Albion man. A song we must steal!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
"Popov the Albion man,
he lives in a caravan,

he looks like a killer and he hates the villa,

he's Popov the Albion man

poop poop."

Ended up watching West Brom v Norwich yesterday thanks to the postponement. Now this is a chant we must steal. Any ideas?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I heard this before and it is a really catchy tune would be good to hear it at the Amex

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Hardly any chants are unique these days. At least this isn't to the tune of sloop John b like 90% of chants now

westy1983

Feb 28, 2005
Hove
REALLY good football chants are unique to one club (or player) and can't be transferred elsewhere. This is one such.

"When the ball hits the net ... " is another one.

Mere details Lord B...

Bruno the Albion man
He comes from the Catalan
He plays for Seagulls and shits on the Eagles
Bruno the Albion man.

That, or we should sign Popov.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Mere details Lord B...

Bruno the Albion man
He comes from the Catalan
He plays for Seagulls and shits on the Eagles
Bruno the Albion man.

That, or we should sign Popov.

I keep singing this to the tune of ' union man' by the strawbs.

Now that would sound good, change it to Albion man with infinite versus and slow rhythmic clapping and long jazz hands on the oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm an Albion man

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can somebody please explain to me what "the Catalan" is? That would be like saying Gordon Greer comes from the Scot.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can somebody please explain to me what "the Catalan" is? That would be like saying Gordon Greer comes from the Scot.

From Wiki:

The Catalans are an ethnic group; the people from, or with origins in, Catalonia who form a historical nationality chiefly located in the northern Spanish state. The inhabitants of the adjacent portion of southern France (known in Catalonia proper as Catalunya Nord, and in France as the Pays Catalan) are included in this definition.[6][7] Also, Catalan is sometimes used to define people from Catalan Countries, which include other areas where the Catalan language is spoken

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Isn't the whole point of the chant to do with his name popov being vaguely similar to Popeye ? I guess we would need a player whose name sounds like Popeye for it to work for us ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here