Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pope getting all the queers wound up and that

Gay groups angry at Pope remarks

Gay groups and activists have reacted angrily after Pope Benedict XVI said that mankind needed to be saved from a destructive blurring of gender.

Speaking on Monday, Pope Benedict said that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour was as important as protecting the environment.

The comments were "irresponsible and unacceptable", the UK's Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement (LGCM) said.

Vladimir Luxuria, a transgender former Italian MP, called his words "hurtful".

The row erupted as news emerged that the pontiff is to pay his first visit to the Holy Land in May next year.

'Self-destruction'

Pope Benedict made the comments in an end-of-year speech to senior Vatican staff.

Defending God's creation was not limited to saving the environment, he said, but also about protecting man from himself.

It was not "out-of-date metaphysics" to "speak of human nature as 'man' or woman'", he said. It came from the "language of creation, despising which would mean self-destruction for humans".

Gender theories, he said, led to man's "auto-emancipation" from creation and Creator.

"Rain forests deserve, yes, our protection but the human being... does not deserve it less," he said.

LGCM head Rev Sharon Ferguson said the Pope's remarks justified "gay bashing" and bullying.

Mark Dowd, strategist for Christian environmental group Operation Noah, said the comments betrayed "a lack of openness to the complexity of creation".

And Ms Luxuria, who recently lost her seat in the Italian parliament, said suggesting people like her were destructive was very hurtful.

"I'm someone who was born as male and has a spiritual and female soul, and it's contradictory that a Pope just thinks of people just made as flesh and not made of a spiritual aspect."

The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage. It teaches that while homosexuality is not sinful, homosexual acts are.

Earlier this month, the Vatican said that a proposed United Nations resolution decriminalising homosexuality went too far.

"Unjust discrimination" against gay people should be avoided, but the use of wording such as "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" in the text would "create serious uncertainty in the law", it said.

:safeway :safeway2:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think he should be barred from all future matches at Withdean because of these remarks.

That'll learn him.

Gay groups angry at Pope remarks

Gay groups and activists have reacted angrily after Pope Benedict XVI said that mankind needed to be saved from a destructive blurring of gender.

Speaking on Monday, Pope Benedict said that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour was as important as protecting the environment.

The comments were "irresponsible and unacceptable", the UK's Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement (LGCM) said.

Vladimir Luxuria, a transgender former Italian MP, called his words "hurtful".

The row erupted as news emerged that the pontiff is to pay his first visit to the Holy Land in May next year.

'Self-destruction'

Pope Benedict made the comments in an end-of-year speech to senior Vatican staff.

Defending God's creation was not limited to saving the environment, he said, but also about protecting man from himself.

It was not "out-of-date metaphysics" to "speak of human nature as 'man' or woman'", he said. It came from the "language of creation, despising which would mean self-destruction for humans".

Gender theories, he said, led to man's "auto-emancipation" from creation and Creator.

"Rain forests deserve, yes, our protection but the human being... does not deserve it less," he said.

LGCM head Rev Sharon Ferguson said the Pope's remarks justified "gay bashing" and bullying.

Mark Dowd, strategist for Christian environmental group Operation Noah, said the comments betrayed "a lack of openness to the complexity of creation".

And Ms Luxuria, who recently lost her seat in the Italian parliament, said suggesting people like her were destructive was very hurtful.

"I'm someone who was born as male and has a spiritual and female soul, and it's contradictory that a Pope just thinks of people just made as flesh and not made of a spiritual aspect."

The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage. It teaches that while homosexuality is not sinful, homosexual acts are.

Earlier this month, the Vatican said that a proposed United Nations resolution decriminalising homosexuality went too far.

"Unjust discrimination" against gay people should be avoided, but the use of wording such as "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" in the text would "create serious uncertainty in the law", it said.

:safeway :safeway2:

I am surprised that with his Nazi past, he isn't advocating the chambers for these devients.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You've got the love those Catholics and their warped views on the world haven't you?

The murderous fucks.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm with the Pope on this. I was in VaVoom by Club Revenge at about 5.30 am after the MK Dons game and some gayer pinched my very nice and very expensive Ted Baker coat. Us straight folk need protecting from light fingered bennies. Still, on the plus side, it does mean that I must have good taste in clothes for a woopsie to take a shine to it. They know about fashion innit.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Well no need to be all controversial here but no one has come out with the fact that being homosexual isn't actually natural. If you look at it from a scientific point of veiw and not a religious one, bieing homosexual will mean that you will die out. Correct me if i am wrong but homosexualisty isn't exactly the natural way to go about things is it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well no need to be all controversial here but no one has come out with the fact that being homosexual isn't actually natural. If you look at it from a scientific point of veiw and not a religious one, bieing homosexual will mean that you will die out. Correct me if i am wrong but homosexualisty isn't exactly the natural way to go about things is it?

Oh dear. Time to break out the pringles folks. To be honest, DQ, some of the stuff I like to do isn't exactly 'natural' or even legal but you don't hear the pope moaning about frozen chicken abuse do you?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
:ohmy: at the word Bennies! havnt heard that since miss diane squeeled with delight as said bennie inserted his lovestick into her moistness :drool:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I love it, once again the head of the Roman Catholic Church makes an utter fool of himself and his followers. Talking of what's unnatural how natural is it for Priests to remain celebate ? (Those that actually do of course).

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Oh dear. Time to break out the pringles folks. To be honest, DQ, some of the stuff I like to do isn't exactly 'natural' or even legal but you don't hear the pope moaning about frozen chicken abuse do you?

I can't say i have read all the canon law... it might be illegal! You can never tell these days. Aparantly having a wank in a confessional is also illegal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Unbelievable! This is the one time of the year when most of us secular population actually think about Christianity for more than a nano-second and the Top Boy goes and slags off a sizeable minority.

An agent for the devil couldn't have done a better job of making the Church even more unpopular...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here