Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pope Benedict XVI 'is to resign'

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Should there be Pope Factor? I'm just thinking that if the church wants to play to the gallery then perhaps an 8 week reality series in which we get to vote for the pope - or watch the Catholic community do so.

How about a series of "I'm a Cardinal Get Me Out of Here!"

Mavis

Feb 10, 2013
Cornwall
He had to resign. He had no choice.

He’s just appeared on David Letterman and was asked a number of questions like David Cameron was recently asked and also let himself down.
The transcript has been leaked.

David Letterman “ Who was born in a stable and had millions of followers?”
Pope Benedict “ Red Rum”

David Letterman “ What can you tell me about Damascus?”
Pope Benedict “ It kills all known germs dead!”

David Letterman “ What happened when Moses went to mount Olive?”
Pope Benedict “ Popeye kicked him in the bollocks”

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I wonder if we can start a campaign to get an NSC member in as the new pope.

attachment.php

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Early Betting has :

Sir Tony of Blair 6/4

Hiney of Hampshire 5/2

Gorgeous Gus 7/1 ( Gus is 7/1 for any job that comes up.)

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
So now we have to endure endless 'news coverage' over the next few weeks while a bunch of old men in Italy decide who the next paedophile-in-chief is going to be. Can't wait.:yawn:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
According to prophecy, the next Pope will be the last.

"Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

:mad:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Reluctant Pope with insufficient support within the church. 5 years ago he wanted to retire. Perhaps now he will get a period of peace I suspect his rerirement will be brief

A man who has done so much to give a painful end to so many and destroyed so many lives, hope he doesn't find any peace.EVER

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I hope they get it all sorted with the new fella by May. I've just booked for me and the missus to go for a long weekend in Rome, the last thing I want is over inflated prices due to the influx of religious types wanting to welcome in the new guy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
According to prophecy, the next Pope will be the last.

"Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

:mad:

excellent. how do we know the next is "the one", is it the number, or have we had some event to pass? we should look out for the name Peter cropping up then go short on bible publishers?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
John Paul was a picture of health before he left wasnt he? as far as i understand this is pretty unprecdented, popes die in office. the role is inherently political and his views arent that controversial within the church (or are they?). this is down to scandal. being charitable he wants to leave because of something he knows and cant be a part of it anymore. more likly, he's up to his neck in it and doesnt want to drag the church down.

(and where are the conspiracy theoriest when you need them?)

Wasn't there a lot of talk while the last Pope was still around that he hung around too long when he was clearly not capable of leading any more. maybe there was an understanding or an expectation at the time that this one would resign when health became an issue. he is 85, after all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Should there be Pope Factor? I'm just thinking that if the church wants to play to the gallery then perhaps an 8 week reality series in which we get to vote for the pope - or watch the Catholic community do so.

How about a series of "I'm a Cardinal Get Me Out of Here!"

Pope Idol, surely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here