Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pope asked to get involved with Falklands

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
They don't give a shit about the people though do they? They want the land.

Well as long as the Islands are populated with British Nationals, then argentina will also have to be aware of the consequenses that would come from trying to aquire that land.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yeah, I know that. Just wondering why anyone think the Head of a Church should hold sway over political matters.

Why does anyone think a creepy celibate old man should hold sway over anyone's sexual preferences? That's no less weird really, but a lot of people do.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
On one side, a load of blokes in frocks with an invisible friend. On the other side, four typhoons, a type 42 destroyer, a Trafalgar or Astute class hunter/killer submarine, various anti-aircraft missile batteries and 1200 soldiers from the best army in the world.
The people of the Falklands (well, all bar three of them) don't wish to become Argentinian.
His holiness would be wise to keep the papal trap shut on this issue.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Why does anyone think a creepy celibate old man should hold sway over anyone's sexual preferences? That's no less weird really, but a lot of people do.

do as i say, not as i do from the Catholic Church on that one. If they're thatcommited to their vows of celibicy, cut off the todgers and tackle is what i say.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
On one side, a load of blokes in frocks with an invisible friend. On the other side, four typhoons, a type 42 destroyer, a Trafalgar or Astute class hunter/killer submarine, various anti-aircraft missile batteries and 1200 soldiers from the best army in the world.
The people of the Falklands (well, all bar three of them) don't wish to become Argentinian.
His holiness would be wise to keep the papal trap shut on this issue.

Best post of the day! :bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe the Pope can also get the Canary Islands returned to Morocco while he's at it?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Don't forget Gibraltar to Spain.

Not forgetting Ceuta and Melilla back to Morocco and of course I assume Argentina are about to return the territory taken from Paraguay after the war of the triple alliance. Though of course, according to Agentina that war is our fault as well.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
They don't give a shit about the people though do they? They want the land.

60 billion barrels of oil suspected in the south Atlantic basin surrounding the falklands may be my guess...or the bennys as they are known who inhabit the wind and rain sodden islands...even the penguins stand with their backs to the wind...it can get that cold!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Given the number of times we've liberated/rescued/beaten France, shouldn't they be magnanimous enough to hand the whole lot over to us due to the it's proximity to the channel islands ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here