Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pop Up Adverts

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's frustrating when an attempt at humour is played back at you with such a straight bat that it leaves you nowhere to turn:)

Sorry!

It resonated because a few days ago, Google told me that NSC's earnings would be higher if the dating category was enabled, and offered to do an A/B experiment. I was curious as to the results so ran the experiment.

Amazingly, NSC's earnings dropped with dating ads so Google recommended keeping them disabled. I can't imagine there are many sites where this would happen.

In other news, I've just had an Albion ad (for season tickets) at the top of the page. This is the first time I've ever had an Albion ad on NSC.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I've just had the Subaru ad pop up and cover my screen 4 or 5 times this morning, never happened on here before. Im on firefox, windows10

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I've just had the Subaru ad pop up and cover my screen 4 or 5 times this morning, never happened on here before. Im on firefox, windows10

Same here, but on Chrome and it started yesterday.

It is pretty much every time that I open a new thread or post. Really frustrating.

Not blaming you Bozza as I know the site needs the revenue, however, does NSC get more money for having the full screen ads? If not, is there any chance they can be turned off?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not blaming you Bozza as I know the site needs the revenue, however, does NSC get more money for having the full screen ads? If not, is there any chance they can be turned off?

I would hope that from my posts on this thread already t's quite obvious that...

1) I've not turned them on.
2) I'll get them turned off.

I'll never say never, but there's no intention from me to ever implement full-screen overlays or pop-ups for logged in users of NSC.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would hope that from my posts on this thread already t's quite obvious that...

1) I've not turned them on.
2) I'll get them turned off.

I'll never say never, but there's no intention from me to ever implement full-screen overlays or pop-ups for logged in users of NSC.

Cheers Bozza, didn't mean it to sound accusatory. I was very much guilty of not reading the full thread. I think I missed a couple of pages

My point was more a case of, if it brings in more money then I am all good with them being there as the site is more important (I was trying to be nice!)

Thanks for looking into them and getting rid

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
theres a full screen layover for some pulled pork product. not only is it annoying me, but its such a poor advert i dont actually know the name of the product.

i will be clicking on it from now until Bozza bans it, to help generate some cash :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lazy pulled pork one i have just got

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Pop ups...

Anybody else getting a bloody annoying pop up advert for Subaru every time they open a thread up on here?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's another thread on this. Been reported countless times but nothing has been done. You will get a pork one soon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I hadn't had any before this morning, now I've had three Subaru ones in the last 5 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry!

It resonated because a few days ago, Google told me that NSC's earnings would be higher if the dating category was enabled, and offered to do an A/B experiment. I was curious as to the results so ran the experiment.

Amazingly, NSC's earnings dropped with dating ads so Google recommended keeping them disabled. I can't imagine there are many sites where this would happen.

In other news, I've just had an Albion ad (for season tickets) at the top of the page. This is the first time I've ever had an Albion ad on NSC.
I've always assumed my blue skies thinking wasn't possible and a tech pain in the arse, but I'll run it up the flag pole anyway.

Would it be possible to attach specific ads to specific long running threads - you already know where I'm going with this.

Geeks and marathon - Wiggle.
Obscure TV - Amazon link as a banner.
US Sport - Their homepages.
Bet 365 -

You probably would have been named in the Panama papers if NSC was my default start off point for Wiggle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here