Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poor turnout tonight. No excuses people !!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Too much trouble, too little interest. I'm a real supporter, not a multi substitution kickabout fan.

Friendlies at the Amex are a pain and crap. Getafe no draw either. Much better day out in Lewes and visit to Beak Brewery, home and a takeaway with a cursory glance at the score at HT/FT

What is the ‘trouble’ and ‘pain’ compared with, say, a league game ?

Seagulls1974

Banned
Jul 15, 2021
I would hazard a guess you weren’t at the game, just sitting behind a screen in the Croydon area.

Posted at half time when at the game. Don’t feel
Guilty just don’t feel like a real fan is all I ask.

The ones making out as though going to Burnley is the big one. You’re going for the piss up, don’t pretend your not. Proper fans were there tonight, not a great result but we still gave them a clap at the end. See you others at the City/Liverpool etc game :tosser:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Took an extra 5 seconds to get in with the e wallet and COVID passes. Suppose it will be full capacity for Man City :nono:
Congratulations on your Gold Medal.

I wasn't aware internet trolling was a sport at this Olympics but well done nevertheless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The ones making out as though going to Burnley is the big one. You’re going for the piss up, don’t pretend your not. Proper fans were there tonight, not a great result but we still gave them a clap at the end. See you others at the City/Liverpool etc game :tosser:

Rather bold for a 16 post newbie.
The way you’re obsessing over a meaningless friendly makes me think you’re a JCL and this is a rare match you’ve attended.
I may well be wrong, but that’s how it comes across. Like a teenager on their first piss up asking why the grown-ups aren’t chugging pints and downing shots in the first pub.
Calm down. Plenty of matches to go.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

And I presume you travelled to Le Havre or maybe Barnet away or possibly Northampton, did you get a tan watching us play in Portugal or enjoy the punch up in Ireland ??? I’m guessing not and you want Kudos for rocking up at the Amex for a friendly :facepalm:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Those who could or wanted to be there, were. Those that couldn't or didn't want to be there, weren't. Not sure it's worth starting a good fan/bad fan thread over. :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the OP WUM has pretty much wanked his todger into a dried out bloodied stump at all the responses he's managed to garner on here. Now he's just been spaffing out grit and dust, so he'll take a break and crack on in the morning once he's had a chance to recharge and lube up again.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Took an extra 5 seconds to get in with the e wallet and COVID passes. Suppose it will be full capacity for Man City :nono:

Had you possibly considered, before posting this, that you may be addressing your disappointment at a small turnout and poor result to the wrong audience?

I've seen the Albion in all four divisions over multiple decades, had season tickets at three different home grounds, and went to quite a few home games at Gillingham, including a Valentine's Day trip that I'm still getting it in the neck for from my now wife, over twenty years later. I've never been much of an away traveller, but I did bite my fingernails to the bone at Edgar Street in '97 and have chalked off a fair few places in England, I've been to pre-season friendlies at non league grounds in most parts of Sussex, I've marched in protest, I've sponsored walked to help buy a player, I've written to Councillors and MPs, I've boycotted, I've donated, I've made the next generation come with me and I'll admit that I've cried, more than once, both with frustration and with joy over this football club.

However, I still suffer severe imposter syndrome when I consider how much some of the people on here have given to their football club. Quite a lot of them have travelled to games that Brighton weren't even playing in, because of their need to represent their club and their dedication to what it means to people wherever they are to have a local football team to follow. There are people who have travelled overseas for pre-season friendlies, have missed important life events, have stood for elected office, have risked arrest, have got themselves banned from the ground, have lived, breathed, ate, drunk, slept, loved and lost Brighton & Hove Albion.

I'm stunned at the level of confidence you must have in your own dedication to feel yourself to be in a position to judge/lecture them all for not being there today. I'm not knocking. Good luck to you mate, your self belief must be off the scale and you have to harness it, as you'll surely be capable of great things.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS the OP is palace and you lot love it.

Seagulls1974

Banned
Jul 15, 2021
Had you possibly considered, before posting this, that you may be addressing your disappointment at a small turnout and poor result to the wrong audience?

I've seen the Albion in all four divisions over multiple decades, had season tickets at three different home grounds, and went to quite a few home games at Gillingham, including a Valentine's Day trip that I'm still getting it in the neck for from my now wife, over twenty years later. I've never been much of an away traveller, but I did bite my fingernails to the bone at Edgar Street in '97 and have chalked off a fair few places in England, I've been to pre-season friendlies at non league grounds in most parts of Sussex, I've marched in protest, I've sponsored walked to help buy a player, I've written to Councillors and MPs, I've boycotted, I've donated, I've made the next generation come with me and I'll admit that I've cried, more than once, both with frustration and with joy over this football club.

However, I still suffer severe imposter syndrome when I consider how much some of the people on here have given to their football club. Quite a lot of them have travelled to games that Brighton weren't even playing in, because of their need to represent their club and their dedication to what it means to people wherever they are to have a local football team to follow. There are people who have travelled overseas for pre-season friendlies, have missed important life events, have stood for elected office, have risked arrest, have got themselves banned from the ground, have lived, breathed, ate, drunk, slept, loved and lost Brighton & Hove Albion.

I'm stunned at the level of confidence you must have in your own dedication to feel yourself to be in a position to judge/lecture them all for not being there today. I'm not knocking. Good luck to you mate, your self belief must be off the scale and you have to harness it, as you'll surely be capable of great things.

Not reading all that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Permaban for trolling.

It’s not all bad; at least you’ll have more time to make more posts on threads on other sites entitled ‘How to tell if you’re dating a loser’.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Being on holiday, living miles away or having COVID is an excuse. Not being arsed even though prices were cheap isn’t an excuse. If it was Barcelona it would have sold out to the plastics. Shame on you.

Morning Delia :wave:

avin you.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here