Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor old Nigel Adkins

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Just how appropriate would it be for Nigel to manage the Nigels up he road.
Won't happen yet until both find their place outside the PL ....

Maybe one day ....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Has he actually been sacked yet or can he please just hold on for another day then perhaps a few Brighton fans up in Sheffield can give him a guard of honour as he walks from his office to the car for the last time?

F*ck you, Adkins. I've no problems with a bit of gamesmanship and banter and mind games but a guard of honour by the opposing team for a team that has won the league is common courtesy, it's a long and honourable tradition, a mark of respect and fair play. You sir are none of those, you're an oleaginous w*nker borne from the same mould as Partridge and Brent.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No sympathy for Adkins but do wonder about Sheffield United. They've been in that division a while now (did they go down the year we went up) and seem to go through a lot of managers, which if anything is taking them further away from promotion. Wonder who they will appoint next.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No sympathy for Adkins but do wonder about Sheffield United. They've been in that division a while now (did they go down the year we went up) and seem to go through a lot of managers, which if anything is taking them further away from promotion. Wonder who they will appoint next.

Chris Wilder appointed manager so much for those ITK saying he was going to Charlton perhaps they got him mixed up with Adkins.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Chris Wilder appointed manager so much for those ITK saying he was going to Charlton perhaps they got him mixed up with Adkins.

So three recent managers with an Albion connection. Wilson, Adams and now Wilder

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
on their local rag - sheffield star.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-part-company-with-nigel-adkins-1-7906791#ixzz48QtOGXrV

Dem Blades

8:44 AM on 12/05/2016
I would like to thank Nigel Adkins for his efforts over the last few months. His tactics and team selections have been outstanding in guiding united to their lowest league place since 1983. His pre and post match comments have been nothing short of hilarious. Nigel's time at the circus will go down as one of the best since Adrian Heath. I wish you every success in your new found career as a stand-up comic.

Thanks for the laughs Nigel. We can be assured there will be many more to follow from McCabe and the board, whose managerial appointments have been inspirational.

The bit that made me laugh was his interview pre-season with the fans and press when he said that he didn't know if Jamie Murphy would be staying at the club. At that point I knew Jamie was negotiating personal terms and signing for Brighton and I thought to myself. Maybe they should let the bloke who is going to be Managing them this year know that Jamie is leaving.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpeg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That cxnt Adkins has lost his mojo big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here