Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Poor little soul - Star Hobson

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's appalling. This is no criticism, but I've been dwelling on your use of the word "soul". Having a soul presumes that there is a god who has issued a spiritual essence to this poor child. I just can't see it; if there were a god why would he abandon the soul that he has issued to this 16 month old baby for a short life of misery, but allow Elon Musk to accrue a $300 billion dollar personal fortune?

I am in no way religious.

The term in my post was meant to highlight her terrible plight and vulnerability.

I apologise for Musk's wealth.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This cnt

57E5C963-EE84-4E84-9123-F3B2F22BFAA5.png

did this on a routine basis to a baby/toddler

B89F6FA9-7D1B-4135-BABF-0A259129019A.png.

With the little lass gone, I can only hope that judge tomorrow sends Brockhill down for effectively the rest of her life.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I too wanted to avoid the sickening details - but videos on ITV evening news swiped out that option in seconds. So sad for the little mite, and her relatives who cared for her but couldn't protect her because the establishment didn't take their concerns seriously. And bloody angry that whatever sentences these two scumbags get, it won't be enough.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I’m generally passive, but these cases bring out vengeance in me. I’ll hope she’s treated appalling bad, is made to suffer.

I agree. It brings out a rage in me when it’s a defenceless child who can’t defend themselves :rant: I can’t get my head around how someone could do such a thing.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don’t like the publicity the tv gives these people by repeatedly putting their faces in front of us. Images of people like her make my feel physically sick.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree. It brings out a rage in me when it’s a defenceless child who can’t defend themselves :rant: I can’t get my head around how someone could do such a thing.

Kids, animals, vulnerable folk with a disability, the elderly - abuse of anyone or anything who’s in essence is defenceless, particularly gets to me.

Here I don’t give a jot about their rehabilitation. Just payback from the legal system and law of the jungle.

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Just awful and upsetting again.
2 in a matter of weeks.
Social Services found wanting again after being warned many times that Star was in danger.
But a decade of cuts to child care has left social services very under staffed with a high level of staff turnover.
How can one of the richest countries in the world even consider making huge cuts to protecting vulnerable children.
No doubt many lessons will be learnt, again.

But will the lessons be truly learnt? As you say two in two weeks! These crimes are truly heinous and the purpotruerus should be held proper to account!

There should also be many questions raised over the diligence of social services

RIP Star

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agreed - Social Services have let the kids down in both cases sadly.

Would this be the horrendously underfunded and under powered social services?

"What happened to Star Hobson is shocking and heartbreaking. We must protect children from these barbaric crimes and ensure lessons are learned."

As Boris has said this I hope that he is held to account by the electorate if he doesn't see this through and make the necessary changes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

"What happened to Star Hobson is shocking and heartbreaking. We must protect children from these barbaric crimes and ensure lessons are learned."

As Boris has said this I hope that he is held to account by the electorate if he doesn't see this through and make the necessary changes.

It’s a cop out to blame that. In both cases other family members reported abuse, and the kid was left in that environment.

It is reported in this case that the relative that reported it was accused of being homophobic - and disregarded because of his traveller background.

You don’t need to work that hard to seriously investigate the complaints if it’s coming from their own family members

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There is no way they should see the outside of a prison cell for the rest of their natural. If they do which is sadly more than likely they should be sterilised so they cannot harm another innocent child of their own

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

2 ''women" did this.

Not social services, not Boris and not my next door neighbour

We can sit down and do an investigation in to social services and their shortcomings.

We can gently ask the perps about their troubled past. We can identify where they were let down by society in their early lives. We can then spotlight where they were not supported by local authorities that left them feel vulnerable, lost and victimised.
A shoulder to cry on, an understanding ear to let it all out.

Then reach for the ashtray .....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It’s a cop out to blame that. In both cases other family members reported abuse, and the kid was left in that environment.

It is reported in this case that the relative that reported it was accused of being homophobic - and disregarded because of his traveller background.

You don’t need to work that hard to seriously investigate the complaints if it’s coming from their own family members

Probably not the time and place for this discussion, but I would hope that the PM's words elicit a fully review of what is needed in terms of policy, funding and procedure change to make the process more effective.

I don't see that as a cop out at all. More, the very least that can be done to avoid another repeat of this kind of abuse. To my mind, ignoring the failings of social services in this, and many other cases is a cop out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m generally passive, but these cases bring out vengeance in me. I’ll hope she’s treated appalling bad, is made to suffer.

Unlikely unfortunately... My grandma used to work with improving the rights of prisoners in Sweden. Had great success helping and communicating with the male prisoners to improve their conditions and their rehabilitation, they were generally very collaborative. Tried once to visit a prison with female prisoners; impossible. Very messed up pretty much every single one of them.

Generally speaking (there are exceptions obviously) women dont go to prison because they tried to make some money or because of some random misadventure... they go there because they are batshit crazy. She may very well become a hero in there. Might get to sit next to Rose West on prison meals!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
2 ''women" did this.

Not social services, not Boris and not my next door neighbour

We can sit down and do an investigation in to social services and their shortcomings.

We can gently ask the perps about their troubled past. We can identify where they were let down by society in their early lives. We can then spotlight where they were not supported by local authorities that left them feel vulnerable, lost and victimised.
A shoulder to cry on, an understanding ear to let it all out.

Then reach for the ashtray .....

Then do our utmost, NOT after years of an enquiry and a retired QC’s 10,000 page report, to stop future monsters doing this again.

A change in systems, the rules, giving one person and body all the powers.

Preventing the slipping through the net police / social services tiresome excuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here