Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poor discipline

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
another game with 4 yellows and a red. just why do we pick them up and why doesnt Gus address this? its probably cost us a game today, and possibly promotion (we'd be 3-4 points clear of rivals who have a game in hand). even my missus has made the observation that we seem to get 3-4 cards every game and that the manager is responsible. its not like we are a dirty team, which makes it more puzzling.

???

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
another game with 4 yellows and a red. just why do we pick them up and why doesnt Gus address this? its probably cost us a game today, and possibly promotion (we'd be 3-4 points clear of rivals who have a game in hand). even my missus has made the observation that we seem to get 3-4 cards every game and that the manager is responsible. its not like we are a dirty team, which makes it more puzzling.

???
Was listening on the radio at work today and from what I heard we we didn't seem to be getting to much time on the ball. We were only able to string a couple of passes together before losing the ball and then making rash challenges trying to get the ball back.

Perhaps someone who was at the game could give a better opinion coz to be honest I know f*** all:wave::wave::wave:

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Was listening on the radio at work today and from what I heard we we didn't seem to be getting to much time on the ball. We were only able to string a couple of passes together before losing the ball and then making rash challenges trying to get the ball back.

Perhaps someone who was at the game could give a better opinion coz to be honest I know f*** all:wave::wave::wave:

Was at the game and that is about right.

D

Deleted member 2719

I wasn't there but maybe Sparrow is off the pace as he has not been included recently or just fired up because he hasn't been playing or we are just a team of winners and will foul because we are so competitive and sometimes just go to far.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
5 yellows.

Dunk
Bridcutt
Barnes
Sparrow
Sparrow

Why is the second yellow always ignored? The second offence is a second yellow card offence and should be recorded as such. The red card is award for two yellows, not for whatever the second offence is. *This is a thing that bugs me about reporting in general, not directed at you, beorhthelm

Overall
Brighton fouls 397
Opponent fouls 506

Brighton Yellow cards 83
Opponent Yellow cards 93

Brighton red cards 8
Opponent red cards 3

Brighton fouls per yellow 4.78
Opponents' fouls per yellow 5.44

Brighton fouls per red 49.63
Opponents' fouls per red 168.67

Number of games brighton have had more yellows than their opponents 11
Number of games our opponents have had more yellows than us 20

Number of games in which brighton have committed most fouls 10
Number of games in which our opponents have committed most fouls 27

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Quite frankly,I think the referee was too lenient in the first 30 minutes (fouls and handballs) & the crowd started on at him.Mentioning no names,an Albion player used his hand to control the ball 3 times,very easily visible from the Trent end.Two other Albion players got away with cynical fouls with the officials unsighted.All very excusable if you win!But....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Forest were just as dirty as us , the ref turned a blind eye to a lot of it especially Barnesy and Vokes being manhandled by the opposition. Spaz's 2nd yellow was a result of Barnesy being shoved off the ball deep in Forest territory and the ref waved play on as advantage to Forest who cleared it away to the half way line. Vicente handled the ball a couple of times but used his Jedi mind trick to fool the ref.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
nice stats, Acker79, are those us verses against us? anyway, the count on the football league site is 75 yellows and 7 Red, maybe a game or two out of date. we top the league for yellows by some way and those following up behind us are rather more "industrial" teams. the fouls count highlights the the stragnness of the situation, we are merely mid table on that measure. why are we committing significantly fewer fouls than Millwall, Portsmouth, Leeds or Watford but getting so many more yellow? is it frustration? whatever it is we need to sort it out as it is costing us.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Forest were just as dirty as us , the ref turned a blind eye to a lot of it especially Barnesy and Vokes being manhandled by the opposition. Spaz's 2nd yellow was a result of Barnesy being shoved off the ball deep in Forest territory and the ref waved play on as advantage to Forest who cleared it away to the half way line. Vicente handled the ball a couple of times but used his Jedi mind trick to fool the ref.
Forest were certainly very physical,but kept just within the rules most of the time.Vicente wasn't the player I was thinking of!!

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The ref today was a cock. End of thread.

75 yellows and 7 red cards to date is not because of the ref today, shite though he maybe. Its not about today, its a season long issue. contrast with Cardiff and Reading, having 45 and 52 yellows but no reds all season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
nice stats, Acker79, are those us verses against us? anyway, the count on the football league site is 75 yellows and 7 Red, maybe a game or two out of date. we top the league for yellows by some way and those following up behind us are rather more "industrial" teams. the fouls count highlights the the stragnness of the situation, we are merely mid table on that measure. why are we committing significantly fewer fouls than Millwall, Portsmouth, Leeds or Watford but getting so many more yellow? is it frustration? whatever it is we need to sort it out as it is costing us.

Mine include the second yellow for sparrow and the second yellow for painter, also there have been occasions where yellows were given but not picked up by the AP, and Dunk was reported as receiving on v Saints that the club confirmed wasn't given. I do need to go through my records again because some of my stuff isn't adding up, might have missed a match or two...

yellow card per foul 2012.03.24.jpg

Shows how out of keeping we are. Bristol and Middlesbrough seem to be creeping up, getting more yellows than average for the number of fouls, and as you can see, southampton seem to be getting fewer cards than the number of fouls would get on average.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For me, today was like a reversal of the Derby game for us. Forest were, quite frankly, too good for us and we were playing catch up all game which resulted in us making the same sort of late challenges that Derby were forced into making against us in the week. Sparrow's second yellow was as a result of trying to keep pace with their excellent number 22, the lad they have on loan from Wolves. He rightly got man of the match and along with who ate all the pies Andy Reed, was superb today.

I also think our discipline has improved of late, and today was just a case of challenges I describe above, not the silly petulance and ill discipline of earlier in the season. I'm not unduly concerned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here