Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Pool dining tables

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Does anyone here have a pool table that turns into a dining table? I'm tempted to get one as we need a larger dining table anyway but wondered if anyone had experience of owning one and could give me any tips on the pros and cons.
Been looking at something like this https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/p..._tables/duo-milano-rustic-oak-pool-table.html

pool table.jpg No I drive mine.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Does anyone here have a pool table that turns into a dining table? I'm tempted to get one as we need a larger dining table anyway but wondered if anyone had experience of owning one and could give me any tips on the pros and cons.
Been looking at something like this https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/p..._tables/duo-milano-rustic-oak-pool-table.html
I've got one mate. Got it from decathlon. Very decent table at a decent price. Let me know if you want more info

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014

I have a reconditioned 1920s 6ft Riley snooker table.

It is a great piece of handmade furniture with a beautiful mechanism to lift it from dining table to snooker table height.

It is not brilliant if you are serious about playing pool or snooker as the cushions are a little bit dead but for a dining table that can be used for a frame or two with friends, it is great.

Cost about £2,000 but could easily be re-sold to recoup that.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I have a pool table in the barn, do not underestimate the amount of room you need around the table. It will only frustrate you if you dont have enough rom. Used to have it in the cinema room but there wasnt really enough room even when I took coupe of the sofa out

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
I have a pool table in the barn, do not underestimate the amount of room you need around the table. It will only frustrate you if you dont have enough rom. Used to have it in the cinema room but there wasnt really enough room even when I took coupe of the sofa out

Luckily we have enough room, just need to convince the wife that it is as good as the stand alone dining tables she likes and is worth the extra £1k!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
We got one. The problem is that the table top (sits neatly over the cushions at the side) results in quite a high eating surface. You also ideally need the right shape chairs to sit comfortably while eating.

We got ours from Home Leisure Direct and went for a Unique Oak (Natural) Pool Dining Table - 7ft. It is decent quality but I would urge you to check out possible options in the flesh if the seller has a showroom.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Got one about 5 years ago and love it. Got it from a place in Epsom that has a showroom but you need to make an appointment to go there. I’d recommend doing that as we actually bought a different table to the one we liked online. Place called Liberty Games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here