Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PooGate 2015: that MASSIVE bird crap that came off the West Stand roof 2nd half

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Brighton.jpg

Oddly, I think it came from that exact area of WSU!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oddly, I think it came from that exact area of WSU!

With no little irony, yes it did. It was much more substantial than that one though. A veritable cascade of (extremely runny) guano floated its way down to the front rows. I saw fans all over the southern blocks of the WSU standing up & laughing, trying to see how many people it had landed on :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Handball

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I cannot believe that ONE seagull was responsible for sooooo much shit. I know they're disgusting shitters at the best of times but that was simply toooo much shit for one bird. I think the implications obtained in Krabapple's first post is correct.....there's more to this than meets the eye. There are strange dark forces at work in our club atm!!!!

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
I thought a flood light, or one of the other lights had blown!!! Didn't realise it was a Seagull until I read this!

It was huuuuuge!!!:ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I cannot believe that ONE seagull was responsible for sooooo much shit. I know they're disgusting shitters at the best of times but that was simply toooo much shit for one bird. I think the implications obtained in Krabapple's first post is correct.....there's more to this than meets the eye. There are strange dark forces at work in our club atm!!!!

Indeed. They're almost certainly sat up there on the roof, quietly conspiring. I bet the East Standers can see them there, plotting the shitty demise of the unsuspecting WSL residents.

"Right. Assume the position, everyone: it's a throw-in. Wait for my signal, chaps, then....bombs away!"

e8e511674a5cca2dc2166d25bec378db.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Found the culprit.

Attachments

• 72Iw6id.jpg
    72Iw6id.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 384

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Indeed. They're almost certainly sat up there on the roof, quietly conspiring. I bet the East Standers can see them there, plotting the shitty demise of the unsuspecting WSL residents.

"Right. Assume the position, everyone: it's a throw-in. Wait for my signal, chaps, then....bombs away!"

e8e511674a5cca2dc2166d25bec378db.jpg

Hehehehe, bloody Gaviotas!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That was more than just shit, that was like a burst sewer!

Nobody has made the obvious point yet: that- surprisingly, given its enormity- it wasn't actually the biggest shower of shit witnessed at the Amex tonight. #LeedsLeedsLeeds

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Never noticed it from the north. Although looking out for birds with loose bowels wasn't on my radar to be honest. Not sure which is worse? Getting covered in bird shit in the west or being showered with the remnants of an exploding lighting strip, as parts of the north stand were a couple of months back?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I saw it rain down from my d block row v perch. It couldn't have come from one bird. It was in line (from my viewpoint) the same support that the Peregrine roosts in. The female will be getting ready to nest again about now so she could have been clearing house and just swept all of the last years sh*t, poo, bones, feathers etc from her perch to start afresh.. A spring clean if you like.

All I know is that I'm glad I wasnt under it!!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never noticed it from the north. Although looking out for birds with loose bowels wasn't on my radar to be honest. Not sure which is worse? Getting covered in bird shit in the west or being showered with the remnants of an exploding lighting strip, as parts of the north stand were a couple of months back?

I doubt I'd have noticed a normal sized piece of bird effluent, but as has been said, this was like a waterfall, and more or less in my line of sight after the ball had just been at the southern end of the pitch. My first thought was that a floodlight bulb had exploded too, but it definitely had the appearance of birdshit. And somebody else has said on Twitter that they saw the WSL front rowers wiping themselves down after it happened, so... :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it was another floodlight bulb going but wasn't sure.

Do we have any confirmed victims? It did look pretty near to the away dug out which would have been a beautiful moment.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was another floodlight bulb going but wasn't sure.

Do we have any confirmed victims? It did look pretty near to the away dug out which would have been a beautiful moment.

Imagine that happening to somebody like Ian Holloway (please God). He'd probably call for the game to be replayed, the whiny little toad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here