Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey's view of the amex.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I don't see it as butting in so much as adding to the debate.

The thing is you are adding to the debate on many different threads. Your comments are are just to wind up, barely 20 posts before today, the quiet patch between Nov 2012 and now. Obviously nothing to say when you were struggling, back on here to butt in and smirk now eh.

Zahmazing

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
The thing is you are adding to the debate on many different threads. Your comments are are just to wind up, barely 20 posts before today, the quiet patch between Nov 2012 and now. Obviously nothing to say when you were struggling, back on here to butt in and smirk now eh.

I'm just trying to help guys!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Sadly, at that level, they're still seen as a big club, and so will be able to attract players ahead of many others in that league. Doubtless their players won't be earning peanuts either.

Even with new owners, I would still bank on them spending more than they earn in revenue. They should have a reasonable season when you consider the teams they'll be up against. Shame they missed out on a nice derby with Aldershot though. Imagine the collective IQ of the crowd at that match. Could be a record low.
It's not a Derby Game Edna local yes but not a Derby .Now the plastic shower of sh1t on The A33 that is a Derby game for us.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sadly, at that level, they're still seen as a big club, and so will be able to attract players ahead of many others in that league. Doubtless their players won't be earning peanuts either.

Even with new owners, I would still bank on them spending more than they earn in revenue.

They've not secured Racoon as his apparent demands were £4k a week and their budget is an alleged £1.5m wage bill. It will be interesting to see what happens to them. Shame they managed to dodge the 10 point deduction for this season (how?).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not a Derby Game Edna local yes but not a Derby .Now the plastic shower of sh1t on The A33 that is a Derby game for us.

You'll have to forgive my poor geography when it comes to the north Hampshire area- who does that relate to? At a guess I'd say Reading?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Doesn't the 4th Division (and possibly 3rd) now have an enforceable limit on the playing budget? Something like 60% of turnover? It's been like for a couple of seasons I think

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
You'll have to forgive my poor geography when it comes to the north Hampshire area- who does that relate to? At a guess I'd say Reading?
Correct only 20 miles away lie the jovial plastics at The Mad Stad. Ppmpey lie a mere 46 Miles from us,talking of plastic Pompey v Shots May 1979 attendance 6000 New Years Day 1980 attendance 23,500 now thats plastic.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
No Atmosphere!!! A year ago verses Barnsley (I think when we got two sent off??) when our ground wasn't even finished was fantastic... Like many games. The palace semi final was like a cup final before kick off as well. Atmosphere at the Amex is significantly better than most newly built stadiums. No idea what Pompey are chatting.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That was against Burnley.

The best i've heard the ground, that day - incredible atmosphere. On a par with Donny, but obviously for different reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here