Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey's view of the amex.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Portsmouth - :lolol:

Oxford - :lolol::lolol:

When we played at Fratton Park, didn't hear the Pompey fans at all until they missed the last minute penalty. Highly overrated support.......

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
That missed penalty at Fratton Park the season before last was just about as sweet as it gets. Was right next to their fans on the left hand side that were like hanging off the top stand as well in anticipation of their equaliser before they all stormed out :lolol:
Had the pleasure of driving back with two Portsmouth fans as well. Cheers for the six points, tossers. :tosser:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Yes very over rated fans ,been to a few pompey matches over the years with my pompous supporting mate as I live near Chichester and their vocal support was sh*te and all you hear is that bloody bell and play up pompous .I have had so much pi*s take from from them over the years being a Brighton fan,in fact they used to say to me on a saturday evening "how did Brighton nil get on while we were playing in the premier " funny not heard much from them lately .Very very bitter fans with illusions of grandeur

D

Deleted member 18477

Fratton park is a dump! I might say fair enough if Arsenal, Newcastle or Man city fans were saying it...

But Pompey? League 2 pompey? :lolol:

Fratton Park :lolol:

Portsmouth FC :lolol:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
And don't forget, Fratton Park is the only stadium that, when spelled backwards, describes the team that plays there.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I tend to agree with a few comments.
Mainly the one about a proper home end.
I'd love the north stand to have been twice the size. The atmosphere would be immense

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm a huge fan of The Amex but now having watched games from various stands I can see the point that some away fans comment on that we don't consistently make the sort of racket that you would expect from 25k home fans. OK the sound made by Albion fans within the WSU and in the North when sitting in with them is very impressive. But there is some kind of strange acoustic anomaly as the sound does not carry around the stadium, despite the enclosed design of the roof. I had to sit in the south end of the ESL for the 6-1 win over Blackpool and was shocked at just how tame the WSU and especially the North sound from the East/South, near to the away fans, yet it was one of the best Albion games for years. The East itself is not at all loud, so IMHO compounds the effect.

The West stand really rocks but was surprised at how barely audible the North was. I guess the bottom line is that it just doesn't have enough capacity to really make it's presence felt around the stadium. It is my only criticism.

So while it may be sour grapes from some away fans I feel there is also a genuine issue. However I'm not going to lose too much sleep as we still make the place rock and don't need goal music, a drum or brass band to get things going.

BTW Fratton Park is a dump (along with Selhurst) with disgraceful facilities for so called 'big clubs' and a rip off for away fans so I'm happy not to be visiting any time soon.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
To be honest I think the Amex has a great atmosphere compared to old Trafford. I'm not kidding I have been there a few times and it has nothing on the Amex !
No joke

Zahmazing

Banned
Nov 25, 2012
Saying the same crap as everyone else. The only opinion that matters is do we like the stadium.

The atmosphere is mainly great only part I can grumble about is I can't hear away fans from north stand and i'm sure the away fans can say same thing.

The transport issues are not as bad as everyone makes out, would be nice to have a few pubs around the ground but you can't have everything.

Yeah, there's nothing like a good clacker for atmosphere...

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Poor old Pompey, The Dripping Pan has a better infrastructure than Fratton Park. In terms of atmosphere, they will need to draw us in a cup because on the field, they are more likely to be in a league with Lewes than us!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know the NS is loud, I sit in there, but you simply can't hear it from the away seats. Its a shame we don't have a rowdier South stand, I think that would really help the atmosphere.
I'm in the 1901 and in between both stands....slighty nearer the South Stand....both stands can turn up the volume at times....there are more fans in the North than South due to away fans and the North can be loud....but you always get fans that are singing around you so it kind of drowns out the sound from other sections ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here