Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey fans - scum of the league

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pompeys scum fans are getting a beasting in the press after they boo'd, whistled and shouted abuse through a minutes silence before kickoff at St Marys following the death of Southamptons 85 year-old club president Ted Bates. The ref Graham Poll abandoned the minutes silence early, for the first time ever, as the abuse got progressively worse. The minutes silence has been re-scheduled for the next home game against Charlton.

Local rivalry is one thing, but it just goes to show that Pompey fans really do have a distinct lack of class about them. Can you just imagine how that made the friends and family of Ted Bates feel ? Maybe this was simply the wrong game in which to try to hold a minutes silence, but you'd think its not really much to ask, even for the most brain-dead neanderthals, to put petty rivalry aside for 60 seconds, shut their gobs and show a bit of respect. I'm sure if we were given similar circumstances at Selhurst, the Albion fans wouldn't disgrace themselves and their club like Pompey have. If we ever did, I would be totally embarrassed and ashamed.

I knew there was a reason why I dislike Pompey so much, and their fans reminded me on Tuesday.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
After their disgusting behaviour on Tuesday night I think they are at the same level as Cardiff anyway.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It was a complete disgrace and i may visit one of their message boards later to ask what exactly they thought they were doing.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Dont agree southampton's fault i feel if a palace president or whatever died of just old age and the gits held a minute silence for him against us i would be encourage to boo aswell. The club surely must of sensed the min silence would not be respected and held it on this night to show pompey in an even worse light. However i do agree pompey are one of most hated teams around but i just think southampton were silly to hold it before this game.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
bhafc4eva said:
if a palace president or whatever died of just old age and the gits held a minute silence for him against us i would be encourage to boo aswell.

Then your an idiot. I suggest you grow up and understand the deifference between Sport and life and death.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
bhafc4eva said:
Dont agree southampton's fault i feel if a palace president or whatever died of just old age and the gits held a minute silence for him against us i would be encourage to boo aswell.

Why? Is your hate of Palace so much that you can't even show some respect for someone who has recently died? Ted Bates wasn't just some old git - he had served Southhampton as player, manager and president for something like 60 years. If any of our fans behaved like Pompey did (even if it was against Palace) it would make them just as low in my book.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
bhafc4eva said:
Dont agree southampton's fault i feel if a palace president or whatever died of just old age and the gits held a minute silence for him against us i would be encourage to boo aswell. The club surely must of sensed the min silence would not be respected and held it on this night to show pompey in an even worse light. However i do agree pompey are one of most hated teams around but i just think southampton were silly to hold it before this game.

Then you're just as bad as the Pompey 'fans' you f***ing tit

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
A minute's silence for Wurzel Gummidge would have been appropriate at the Hampshire derby.
There are for too many one min silences at football but Ted Bates was worthy of one. This just shows how many stupid, ignorant people are around. Was anyone surprised?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
bhafc4eva said:
if a palace president or whatever died of just old age and the gits held a minute silence for him against us i would be encourage to boo aswell.
Well I hope for all our sakes that we are not put in that situation then, if fans like you feel the need to boo a minutes silence following the death of someone. Rivalry is one thing, but I'd find ir abhorrent and pathetic if someone like you was standing next to me hurling abuse during a minutes silence, and you'd soon be aware of MY feelings on the matter. You've got 90 minutes to chant and engage in the usual banter against rival fans, so anyone incapable of shutting the f*** up for a minute before the match, is pure scum in my opinion.

bhafc4eva said:

Then you are a ****.
If it was the other way around I'd respect the minute silence.
Obviously once it was over, I'd crank up the vocals against you lot, but to mar a silence for someone that has just died is bang out of order. :angry:

Blaming Scum FC for this is ridiculous - this was a certain element within the Pompey fans showing their true colours. I say 'a certain element' because a very good friend of mine (despite his being a Pompey supporter) is thoroughly ashamed of what went on, as I am sure many others are.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I dont agree that pompey should have boooooed and it just confirms what we already knew,SCUM!

But bhafc does have a point the albion fans would definately boo,me not being one of them,but it would happen!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
fatbadger said:
Blaming Scum FC for this is ridiculous - this was a certain element within the Pompey fans showing their true colours. I say 'a certain element' because a very good friend of mine (despite his being a Pompey supporter) is thoroughly ashamed of what went on, as I am sure many others are.
I take on board that it wasn't ALL Pompey fans who were behaving like this - as always, its a few idiots who drag the rest of them down. Pompey (like Cardiff) do seem to have quite a high normal-fan-to-retard ratio though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
byf said:
I dont agree that pompey should have boooooed and it just confirms what we already knew,SCUM!

But bhafc does have a point the albion fans would definately boo,me not being one of them,but it would happen!

You are the same person you sad f***.

Easy 10 said:
I take on board that it wasn't ALL Pompey fans who were behaving like this - as always, its a few idiots who drag the rest of them down. Pompey (like Cardiff) do seem to have quite a high normal-fan-to-retard ratio though.

Assuming you meant a high 'retard to normal fans ratio' - in which case:

They do, they do - as my mate regularly bemoans.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Actuall byf, the point I was trying to make is that I didn't think we would boo. I'm sure if somebody started they would get serious grief from other fans. We have a decent reputation here in Sussex and the fact that we are known to be generous to clubs in trouble (in financial contributions) is but one classic example.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
These are the same kind of people who boo other countries National Anthems during Internationals. I simply can't understand this kind of behaviour.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Combination of drunkeness, ignorance and lack of respect.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
If Spurs fans can sit perfectly silently through a minutes' silence for an Arsenal hero (David Rocastle), it shows that even the bitterest of rivals can put aside their differences for sixty measly seconds to show some respect for a good man, and a man who loved the game.

How thoroughly depressing, even more so for the fact that I can't say I was surprised to hear it. I feel bad for genuine Pompey fans who stood silently through that, and had to listen to a few fuckwits drag their name and their club's name into the gutter live on telly/radio. Not as bad as I feel for his family and friends though - how must that feel, hearing that? Those responsible should be deeply, deeply ashamed, but sadly I suspect that if you're capable of such mindless disrespect in the first place you're highly unlikely to feel bad about it later. Tiny brained wankers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here