Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pompey Clowns

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Player coach at Oxford for year and a half before being given the Portsmouth job. He's quite well regarded as an up and coming coach in the lower leagues, and works on the PFA Players Board. It's probably a bit of a gamble but could potentially be a decent appointment. Although the Pompey fans would still moan as they probably still think they should be able to attract the likes of Poch or Jose to awaken the sleeping giant again.

el punal

All is not well over there. Talk of protests over the new manager.

Some player from L1 with no management experience appointed.

L2 beckons

All fantastic viewing
You’ve got to have a chuckle over dear, old Pompey. When they got relegated to League One back in 2012(?) they have since become the perennial favourites to get promoted - ‘big club, old school, we shouldn’t be in this division’ sort of shit. Well they are stuck there, and as each season goes by it seems to be more difficult for them to escape the clutches of being a lower league side. I suppose they could welcome some dubious sheik to bail them out - but I believe that little venture has already run its course. :drink:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I for one wish they were doing better in league 1.
Being beaten in the playoffs or narrowly missing out on the playoffs after the final game was a perennial delight.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I must be one of the few Albion fans who doesn't hold any ill feeling towards our south coast neighbours. Dare I say there's a small part of me that wants to see them do well.

1000001449.jpg

😁

Always enjoying seeing Pompey choke most weeks.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really?! All I can recall is loads of homophobic abuse and Neanderthals mooning at us!!
Off the top of my head the 2-2 at the Goldstone when our goals were scored in injury time, another one in their promotion season when they were a decent team, a game at Withdean, oh and an away in the 80s when I had flu so felt shit, bought a burger outside the ground that bounced when I dropped it and we were kept in that alley for an hour before the police melted away leaving us and their lot that had stayed behind to wait. Actually, scrap that last one as it wasn’t great.
It’s a game similar to Palace though. Big crowd derby atmosphere. They always bought big numbers to the Goldstone.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It was much better under Kenny Jackett. I really enjoyed the annual bid to avoid promotion.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'm quite happy to see the TWATS floundering around, though did also enjoy the atmosphere in the North Stand when we played them.

Does anyone else remember an evening game in '92? We were relegated not long after, but we beat them 2-1. I can't find any record of the handbags online, but I'm sure there was a double sending off for punches thrown between Raphael Meade and Martin Kuhl.
There was a mini pitch invasion from the North, mostly kids (13 yo me included!) and we all legged it back when a handful of Pompey came onto the pitch too :lolol: :lol: :lolol: :lol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm quite happy to see the TWATS floundering around, though did also enjoy the atmosphere in the North Stand when we played them.

Does anyone else remember an evening game in '92? We were relegated not long after, but we beat them 2-1. I can't find any record of the handbags online, but I'm sure there was a double sending off for punches thrown between Raphael Meade and Martin Kuhl.
There was a mini pitch invasion from the North, mostly kids (13 yo me included!) and we all legged it back when a handful of Pompey came onto the pitch too :lolol: :lol: :lolol: :lol:
Yep, I remember that game. Think we then had to beat already promoted Ipswich away on the last day to stay up. Which we didn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here