Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll: Where will we finish the season?

Where will we finish this season? Vote by 23/8/15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No ambition? How much more do you want than £200 million, plus 7 new signings this year and maybe more to come. Think in anyone's book there is not a more ambitious club outside the prem. We have the infrastructure sorted, now working on the playing side, which was always the plan. Think you should remember this is the most successful 5 years in our history, and people still moan.

Agree with your sentiments but I think you're getting a bit Sky with your last sentence because we did spend 4 years in the top flight and the ride started by Mike Bamber's millions was ****ing exciting

No ambition? How much more do you want than £200 million, plus 7 new signings this year and maybe more to come. Think in anyone's book there is not a more ambitious club outside the prem. We have the infrastructure sorted, now working on the playing side, which was always the plan. Think you should remember this is the most successful 5 years in our history, and people still moan.
We've got a good property portfolio,I'll grant you that,what we really need is people with a passion for football.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Still say lower mid table

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It is fantastic to see the team top after 2 games, but the sides played won't be competing for the honours, nor will the next two teams. Our first 11 is good, but scratch the service & players like COG, JFC, March are not players you are going to have to rely on if you want to get into the playoffs let alone higher! As it stands at the moment, I put us down at about 9th - which I would have more than settled for at the start of the season.

Funny that, it was JFC and march who played a lot of games under Oscar when we made the play offs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1st. Or maybe 24th. Or somewhere in between.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Its very early days but have I seen a better team play this season in the Championship? Not really. Hull didnt look all that and Derby have employed Hypia mkII.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We are SOLID which an excellent starting point.

I've gone for an ambitious 4th. Will we hit teams for 3's 4's and 5? Not in my opinion. But I can see us TRUNDLING along with the assurance that we won't be conceeding the 2's and 3's which ultimately rob you of results.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Same team how exactly?
Same name?

It is fantastic to see the team top after 2 games, but the sides played won't be competing for the honours, nor will the next two teams. Our first 11 is good, but scratch the service & players like COG, JFC, March are not players you are going to have to rely on if you want to get into the playoffs let alone higher! As it stands at the moment, I put us down at about 9th - which I would have more than settled for at the start of the season.
You could be right, it's often a tight division and difficult to call, but we're a lot better than our first year in the Championship where we flirted with the playoffs and finished 10th. We're not as good as our side that finished 4th, but we could be better than the side that Oscar got to 6th.

We should be close to the playoffs.

I don't wish to appear a starry eyed optimist so I will go with second. I have a feeling in my water that when Bobby Z is fit that he and Lua Lua will form a scoring partnership the like of which has yet to be witnessed at the Amex.

...Or I could be horribly wrong.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People will be very optimistic I'd imagine but a word of caution, if we pick up one injury we are relying on players like COG. Squad doesn't have enough depth for us to maintain position in top 6 at the moment.

Well - not that I personally think O'Grady is a bad OPTION in reserve - but to pretend that ONE injury will leave us scraping the barrel is ridiculous. The following players were outside of our starting XI on Saturday: Zamora, Crofts, Holla, Dunk, Calderon, Rosenior, Ince, Forster-Caskey, Maenpaa, Harper and Murphy. And there are MORE to arrive, in attacking areas.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Where have all those people gone who said we were going to get relegated?! I said 9th before the season started and that looks reasonable. Have now changed it to 7th though that may be pushing it...Whatever, upper mid-table with a sniff of the play-offs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Its very early days but have I seen a better team play this season in the Championship? Not really. Hull didnt look all that and Derby have employed Hypia mkII.

Boro looked class at the weekend although it was only against Bolton. Fabbrini looks like a better version of Tex, Bolton could not handle him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where will we finish the season?
Away to Middlesbrough.

They'll be champions by then though, so hopefully we'll have an easier time of it.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
who's the palace fan then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here