Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poll - We have had a big influx of posters in the last year ( I think?)

Has NSC improved with the influx of posters?

• Total voters

I'm slightly concerned that a growing proportion of NSC users don't seem to "get it". That could change the character of the site.

But who am I to stand in the way of retrogression?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One or two of the bedwetters have been here for years, and they never learn.

I can't say I've noticed too much social networking going on except for a handful of people. And these people don't ruin the site for me anyway.

One last thing - NSC has always simply evolved as new people join up. You are deluding yourselves by suggesting otherwise. I remember when people like CHAPPERS and Safeway joined, now they're part of the furniture.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I remember when quite a few folk on here used to get their usernames on the back of their shirts, have lots of in conversations, and have grand meet ups as if they were all mates in real life or something. Id say we have just gone full circle thats all. Seems to be some serious hypersensitivity right now though.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I remember when quite a few folk on here used to get their usernames on the back of their shirts, have lots of in conversations, and have grand meet ups as if they were all mates in real life or something. Id say we have just gone full circle thats all. Seems to be some serious hypersensitivity right now though.

That reminds me of a really cringey period a few years back when a group of posters started addressing each other using their real names.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm slightly concerned that a growing proportion of NSC users don't seem to "get it". That could change the character of the site.

But who am I to stand in the way of retrogression?
It never really bothers me, but it does seem to have lost the communal feel.
There was plenty of fun to be had with a 'friend' just by knowing which buttons to press, esp on a Friday afternoon.

But that said, over time the 'friendships' have got stronger.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Well perhaps that should have been made clearer in the post then. It was a bit vague and I believe the premise will mean different things to different people. I've been reading north stand chat for longer than i wish to remember and like another poster said, posting under a different name so long ago i can't even remember it. North Stand Chat has always had a variety of members and topics. There were just fewer of them then. Surely it's not hard to ignore topics that do not interest?

Oh come now - It makes no mention of ground attendance figures in the OP, but you brought it in to suit your point of view. And it was a bit rubbish.

You've been reading NSC for ages; Great. Then, in my opinion (and appears others..) clearly you know that it's not, and never has been the only BHA forum for everyone out there. Other flavours are available for the thin of skin, and best friends to talk minutiae between themselves.

NSC - It's been a robust, organic thing, that rolls along nicely, with new posters welcomed, but without a doubt more and more threads are polluted/diluted by a new wave of matey posters with a proliferation of 'Love you hun xx' 'Lol' and other needy 'Look at me, i'm here posting on NSC' shows of public emotion. (Even a mod is in on it :rolleyes: )

If you 'join' something, it's because you like it and want to be a part of it and how it is, not change it from within - Start your own 'thing' on facebook etc, without rotting NSC from the inside out. You (anyone) can have scant complaint of 'I dont like it, they're nasty' The main two threads (and the snidey PM'ing Lush for just 'doing what NSC does' in passing comment) shows that some indeed do not 'get' it.

Quality over quantity and all that - and it is hard to ignore when it's lurking like a stinky poo in the middle of threads.

That's about it - I've got no toys left near me now for some reason.. :ohmy:

:)

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Well perhaps that should have been made clearer in the post then. It was a bit vague and I believe the premise will mean different things to different people. I've been reading north stand chat for longer than i wish to remember and like another poster said, posting under a different name so long ago i can't even remember it. North Stand Chat has always had a variety of members and topics. There were just fewer of them then. Surely it's not hard to ignore topics that do not interest?

Why does everyone confuse the "Off Topic" aspect of the board with what others are talking about. The best thing about NSC is the humorous, disgusting, informative, miscellaneous stuff. This is VERY different to the crap "yeah just feeling a bit low todays x oh well, kid got a swimming badge xxx" shit that the Off Topic is filled up with nowadays. What about if a topic does interest but it's veered towards boring old flirty shite and social nonsense ("oh you ARE naughty :lol: xx") the whole f***ing time?

Some newer members might say "the more the merrier" but what option do the old members have who liked it before all this old shit started?

Oh, and for the record, I'm not really casting myself as an "old" member and therefore in some sort of privileged position, my lifetime on here has been much shorter than most. I have, however, been reading the site for nearly 10 years and I can honestly say that a certain group of posters are turning it into an absolute shadow of what it used to be.

xxx

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC is no more than the sum of its posters, same as it ever was. Way more touchy feely newbie xxx lol embarassing than it ever was before but then again the oldies never used to be nagged at for upsetting Google Ads or whatever. Win some, lose some :shrug:

Madam Cholet

Feb 29, 2012
Poll - We have had a big influx of posters in the last year ( I think?)

I've rejoined after an absence of about ten years. Does this make me a reflux?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Oh come now - It makes no mention of ground attendance figures in the OP, but you brought it in to suit your point of view. And it was a bit rubbish.

You've been reading NSC for ages; Great. Then, in my opinion (and appears others..) clearly you know that it's not, and never has been the only BHA forum for everyone out there. Other flavours are available for the thin of skin, and best friends to talk minutiae between themselves.

NSC - It's been a robust, organic thing, that rolls along nicely, with new posters welcomed, but without a doubt more and more threads are polluted/diluted by a new wave of matey posters with a proliferation of 'Love you hun xx' 'Lol' and other needy 'Look at me, i'm here posting on NSC' shows of public emotion. (Even a mod is in on it :rolleyes: )

If you 'join' something, it's because you like it and want to be a part of it and how it is, not change it from within - Start your own 'thing' on facebook etc, without rotting NSC from the inside out. You (anyone) can have scant complaint of 'I dont like it, they're nasty' The main two threads (and the snidey PM'ing Lush for just 'doing what NSC does' in passing comment) shows that some indeed do not 'get' it.

Quality over quantity and all that - and it is hard to ignore when it's lurking like a stinky poo in the middle of threads.

That's about it - I've got no toys left near me now for some reason.. :ohmy:

:)

Very sensible post imo ... not suggesting in any way that something doesn't change/evolve but that retaining an identity is pretty important, at least that's how I interpreted it and totally agree.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For me, the board would be improved if new members could be limited to maybe 5 posts a day for the first 12 months of their membership.

It could be called The Wizard Clause.

Oh yes, whatever happened to him ? he must have been responsible for about 3% of all posts made on any subject.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The new social clique thing is really ruining a lot of the site. Too many "Hi hun how are you today x" posts. Also new posters telling off people for being too crude because they essentially want a Brighton forum not NSC (but feel that as NSC is advertised as a Brighton forum then they should be able to dictate what that means) is also bloody annoying.

This.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The new social clique thing is really ruining a lot of the site. Too many "Hi hun how are you today x" posts. Also new posters telling off people for being too crude because they essentially want a Brighton forum not NSC (but feel that as NSC is advertised as a Brighton forum then they should be able to dictate what that means) is also bloody annoying.

Just like the Imigrants Eh? these new posters just can't integrate into our cultcha

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Interesting question and I'm convinced a percentage of the posters on here would rather go back three years to the feeling of self importance that being amongst only 6000 fans at The Withdean gave them.

The Amex ticketing binfest was indicative of that

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

The 'new' clique? There's always been a clique, I even tried to join it once back in 1999 :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here