Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Poll: PPI Deadline Day! Did you claim? Was it successful?

Have you made your PPI claim?

• Haven't bothered and don't intend do

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Claimed via agent and still waiting

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Claimed directly and still waiting

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Claimed successfully via agent: received over £2000

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Claimed successfully via agent: received under £2000

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Claimed successfully directly: received over £2000

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Claimed successfully directly: received under £2000

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Haven't yet done so but will try to beat deadline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claimed but was unsuccessful

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
PPI was added to loans without informing the customer so even if you don't think you had it, you may well have done.

This is one of the reasons banks are being made to pay it back. It also includes 'special accounts' at the bank where you paid £10 a month to get 'benefits'.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
PPI was added to loans without informing the customer so even if you don't think you had it, you may well have done.

This is one of the reasons banks are being made to pay it back. It also includes 'special accounts' at the bank where you paid £10 a month to get 'benefits'.
I think this is where I got mine as it was a Barclays premier account rather than a loan.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Helped my Stepdaughter claim direct from her Bank. Process was simple following the advice on the Martin Lewis website and claim resolved successfully within a month.

Hopefully no more Gladstone Brooks adverts on TV when I'm watching a film in the afternoon. Trouble is, they'll be replaced by more 'feck me, how much does a bloody funeral cost' ads.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Went via an agent a few weeks ago as the agent was willing to ask my lenders for free and then pass me the info with no strings attached about using them to claim so I could have then claimed directly myself. As I suspected, because I'm a tight fisted git ( according to Mrs W ), I had no PPI.

Mrs W on the other hand has probably had about £5k back.

Same here , i always refused to have any extra insurances as never trusted the small print , but chucked a claim in just in case i missed a sneaky one !

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yep, got £2750 back from Barclays two weeks ago, after the second time of checking. No third party involved, done it all myself, so money is all mine![emoji3] and the wives...[emoji16]

Just out of interest, how many wives do you have?:wave::wave::wave:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You didn't need to do that because as I explained earlier, you can submit a claim even now electronically and keep whatever comes to you https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/r...76830-2317&utm_campaign=nt-hiya&utm_content=6

Or maybe you've just realised this and that's the reason you're 'not ok' on that other thread?
yes I realise it is quite easy now so what with agreeing and the time I’m letting it go. As I’ve been self employed they have highlighted that I should have something to come on for that reason alone.... until they told me I thought it was only on credit cards and personal loans so never bothered

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, was told I'd have to take out PPI when I first took out a mortgage with Woolwich. Got about £3000 back all told. Was easy to do without going through an agent.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I am genuinely surprised about how many loans people have had or how much they've used credit cards, maybe I've been in a bit of a bubble.

Have had a couple of mortgages but I know I didn't have PPI as the other half, who was on both of them, claimed and didn't get anything...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You haven't claimed? What gives?

gladstone brooks.png

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Having worked in finance never taken it as know the pitfalls

Was miss-sold via alliance and Leicester on my first car however cancelled it within 30 days as needed the Loan as car was ready.

I wish I had taken it on everything in hindsight as a yield of 8% interest would be hard to match elsewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Done it myself, direct and received a lovely amount within 6 weeks. Done this a few years ago when PPI claims first became a thing. The PPI was on a a couple of loans I had from about 20 years ago.

D

Deleted member 2719

This is correct.

If I get any back I have already donated it to the Brexit party to secure a prosperous future for all our kids and grandkids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here