Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Politics and the Eastleigh By-election.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I live in Eastleigh, you can't move for politicians in the town centre at the moment!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looking at the numbers, Liberals and Conservative gained alot from collapse of Labour vote and larger turnout, to end 25k and 21k. i cant see either getting those new voters again, expect low turnout. predict they'll lose, but close.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just seen the full candidate list on BBC news. I know who'd get my vote....

Ray Hall: Beer, baccy and crumpet party :thumbsup:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I dont think the voters round here are too concerned about the Clegg backlash at the moment. There are a couple of larger local issues such as a large housing development and the schools that people are more concerned about.

I dont actually like his party but I hope Mike Thornton of the Lib Dems wins as he is a decent, hardworking man who genuinely cares about the area and constituents. The Tory and Labour candidates are repulsive.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Used to be in the constituency until they moved the boundaries. A couple of local Conservatives I know think the Lib Dems will win. The local Council - Eastleigh Borough Council - is 100% Lib Dem.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This. Popped into the town for a coffee at lunch today and saw SIX film crews and scores of shiny-suited weasels and assorted hangers-on.

What ? The Groovy Gang were there :bowdown:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Liberals look a little too short at 4/9 given their 8% nationwide & falling. Tories at 3/1 could sneak it & UKIP not out of it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Liberals look a little too short at 4/9 given their 8% nationwide & falling. Tories at 3/1 could sneak it & UKIP not out of it

But you don't have the local knowledge that some on here have......

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The Tories have put an absolute nutter up. If they had a decent candidate I think they would win

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
one of the news programmes last night was asking what effect Rennard would have and proceeded to ask Paddy (PANTS DOWN) Ashdown.......FAIL

and the interview with clegg made him look a little silly and he really does look ill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here