Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Politically, are you left or right wing?

Where do you sit politically?

• Right

Votes: 32 9.7%
  • Only just right of centre

Votes: 65 19.8%
  • Centre

Votes: 39 11.9%
  • Only just left of centre

Votes: 92 28.0%
  • Left

Votes: 101 30.7%

• Total voters

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
, I get up and go, and have done since I left school, worked hard, paid tax, never diddled anyone, nearly own all my own home, classic thatcher kid . . . . Who's always been left leaning, caring and sharing ( although TBH I'm losing that a bit as I approach 50 and realise half the country are f***ing selfish uncaring greedy intollerant c**ts.

I love a bit of modern history, particularly 20th century for all the engineering developments and style and music and a close enough reminder of The horrors of World war . . . . It had everything . . . . And we're throwing everything we learned as a nation down the drain.

What you said is bollocks, politically the right hang onto everything, for themselves, old and new. They're the least likely to invest for the future of the nation..

That's a shame. I was hanging on to your every word until the last paragraph.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was center-left. But the far-left have been so ludicrously intolerant in any online discourse I've definitely moved more to the center ground.

Why would something you didn't sign up to or particularly like make you shift your original ideas and make them worse ?

That's like selling a perfectly good VW because you don't like Skoda, and buying a LADA instead!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's a shame. I was hanging on to your every word until the last paragraph.

We're probably quite similar in many ways . . . . I had a customer some years ago who's family have a massive (Listed) company . . .flooring . . . Big stuff, schools and hospitals as well as shopping centres etc . . . As the CEO/MD big bod whatever, he said Labour Governemts have always been good for business, as they invest in the nation . . . They have lean times and look overseas for work under Tory governance . . . .they're a big employer in Manchester.

I really struggle to understand why people don't get the sharing bit . . . A Left wing government would never stifle enterpirise, it would effectively be self harm. They would, and should, stop tax dodging . . . From sun reading builders in bling pikey pick ups all the way up to Philip Green and his abhorent ilk.

How can you possibly think any of that is a bad thing ?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You have a few bitter tories out there because they lost out, Hunt and Stewart are the stand out candidates, shame they were not so stand out to become a inspirational leader of the country when it came to the vote.

I think any Tory going into the staff room would probably get maimed by the hyenas on their first day. They have a nose for it.
Union-backed jobs tend also to brainwash the centre ground. It's constant brainwashing.
Block out the noise and make your own judgement call, would be my main advice, as I am sure your keen to know.:hilton:

It certainly is a shame he didn't get in. Maybe, some of the 60,000 dead might still be alive if he was.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have a few bitter tories out there because they lost out, Hunt and Stewart are the stand out candidates, shame they were not so stand out to become a inspirational leader of the country when it came to the vote.

I think any Tory going into the staff room would probably get maimed by the hyenas on their first day. They have a nose for it.
Union-backed jobs tend also to brainwash the centre ground. It's constant brainwashing.
Block out the noise and make your own judgement call, would be my main advice, as I am sure your keen to know.:hilton:

Having read the unsubstantiated drivel you have been posting today, I feel you’re a far greater threat to your children than teachers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Speaking of half-truths ..

The inference being they are all government handpicked yes men/women which is far from true.

Who is in Sage?

Sage comprises of leading lights in their representative fields from across the worlds of academia, public health and science.
They do not operate under government instruction and membership changes based on the expertise needed to address the crisis the country is faced with.
To make things slightly more complicated, Sage is made up of a series of subcommittees as well as ad-hoc subject specific groups that are called upon as needed.
In a letter to the Chair of the Science and Technology Select Committee Greg Clark at the beginning of April, Chief Scientific Advisor Sir Patrick Vallance said members of Sage and the expert groups came from over 20 different institutions who in turn considered research and papers from other “many sources including the Covid-19 Genomic UK Consortium, Imperial College London, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Manchester Epidemic Group and many academic, clinical and other groups".

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-16/sage-coronavirus-uk-government-lockdown/

You mean he turned up for a few meetings and the only input he supposedly had was to argue for the exact same thing you would have wanted ..

According to two people involved, Cummings played far more than a bystander’s role at a crucial SAGE meeting on March 18, as the panel discussed social distancing options to tackle the Covid-19 outbreak.
Speaking on condition of anonymity because the meetings are private, the people said Cummings asked why a lockdown was not being imposed sooner, swayed the discussion toward faster action, and made clear he thought pubs and restaurants should be closed within two days. They then were.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-s-johnson-pushed-scientists-to-back-lockdown

The policy changed because the science/evidence changed.

Now you are moving on to more recent events not the failings in the initial government response which is what we (and Rory Stewart) were talking about.

Once again a more recent development.

Yes, pages and pages of discussion all based on very limited knowledge and in most cases just ill-informed guesswork or opinions backed up by sources (if lucky) that only ever agree with one pov. The thought that NSC's finest or the Official opposition would have significantly diverged from the government's initial response after being made aware of all the data and facts as known at the time plus ignore SAGE recommendations and guidance is unlikely in my view. The fact that SNP Government and Labour Welsh government representatives (including N Sturgeon)who attended COBRA meetings didn't feel the need to criticise or diverge from the UK government in the early stages as they did in more recent times also suggests it wasn't blatantly obvious they were supposedly taking the wrong path.

Just to be crystal clear I am not saying the Government or SAGE or PHE have done a great job or denying that they have made many mistakes I just don't believe many of us would have taken significantly different decisions in the early days if presented with the same data, facts and expert advice.. sadly.

Thank you, for the reasoned response. Genuinely mean that - some fair points, in there.

So bored of typing out a considered answer to a few of your political bedfellows, which they answer with two or three inane, sneering words, because they’re too lazy or too stupid to articulate any kind of coherent argument.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Thank you, for the reasoned response. Genuinely mean that - some fair points, in there.

So bored of typing out a considered answer to a few of your political bedfellows, which they answer with two or three inane, sneering words, because they’re too lazy or too stupid to articulate any kind of coherent argument.

Don't forget pissed and lay z

Zzzzzzzz:rolleyes:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
One day mate perhaps we can share a nice warm Guiness, and we can chew it over and decide what a visionary I am.
punk:

Just heard Boris thanking your mate Rashford, perhaps you can see what a strong leader he is, doesn't dilly and dally, Boris just 'gets stuff done'. :cool:

What do we want?
A Thumbs down button
When do we want it?
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

D

Deleted member 2719

What do we want?
A Thumbs down button
When do we want it?
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

Boris listens to the people, Rashford has more chance of changing things than the Labour opposition.

Speak volumes, Smarmer is almost invisible.

Perhaps Marcus should have gone for leader of the opposition.

Surely that's worth a thumbs up Dave???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hey, I resent that. I'm a teacher but I'm definitely not a sock! Since March I've barely even worn socks. True, I've done my share of backpacking but never to a Sandals resort; a bit beyond my budget and all-inclusive isn't really my thing.

And as for patronising...maybe a little but only when it's deserved.

As one teacher to another:

You should try sock sandles. What better comfy way to brainwash the nation's youth into left wing dogma.

I really think you should work on your patronising, it is an important skill in the profession.

I wonder if Mouldy Boots has ever considered a career change, I think he would fit in well*:lolol:

* with his lazy generalised stereotype.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Maybe when all this madness is over we could have a NSC question time at the Amex?

Hosted by Richie Reynolds we could have Ivor Caplin, Ernest, The Large One, Caroline Lucas, Hope Powell, Dick Knight and Leo Sayer on the panel.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Why would something you didn't sign up to or particularly like make you shift your original ideas and make them worse ?

That's like selling a perfectly good VW because you don't like Skoda, and buying a LADA instead!

I don't understand that analogy at all.

Let me put it like this: I've heard people talk about the 'nasty left' and was surprised to see it with such venom. It was very much a 'if you're not with us you are part of the problem' mentality. Any ideas that differed from the Momentum-lead ideology were attacked viciously. It was completely toxic.

It made me reconsider my left-first mindset, and moved me more to the center ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here