Police Presence

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450000387.564733.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
We arrived at the Navigation Inn on London Road (our Derby 'local' - three visits in 2014 !) to find it packed out with our boys. Some were regulars but most were a team that had arrived in Derby at 10 am, for whom the polcice had laid on a special bus to take them straight to the pub and kept them there until 2pm when they stopped serving everyone and put them all on the bus. We claimed 'special privileges', and were served after the bus had gone. According to a steward there were also over 100 Leverkeusen fans in Derby last night and caused some trouble. So the police upgraded the game from a Category C to Category A first thing this morning.
absolute crap !:dunce:
regards
DR

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
you must have been on a later train or walking around with your eyes closed again:whistle:
regards
DR.

Usual informed tosh, would have expected much better given you massive inside knowledge.

Caught the first train back from Derby, 17:21

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I am old enough to remember police horses, I think at all the matches back then. Agree it was a bit OTT, when did Sussex Police lose their mounted section or did they borrow them from the Met?

They borrowed some from South Wales for the St. Patricks day massacre.

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013
Good too see were still right at it, must be #1 in the country now. Up the lev heard they cut a ram yesterday any truth?

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Was it just me or were there a crazy number of coppers at the match and especially at the train station after the game today? Most seemed friendly and willing to interact but it seemed like a large show of force for a game with little potential for trouble.

Christmas overtime perhaps or did I miss something?

Wouldn't get paid until Feb's pay packet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here