Police presence today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just me? Seemed like the biggest presence since palace today???
Snooping around a fair bit too....

Must have been one of our 5 'cat B games'

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The number of Old Bill around Brighton station was extraordinary.

Mind you so was the number of pissed up wankers - none of whom looked as well 'ard as they thought they did. :tosser:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Madness, stations from Worthing onwards were full of old bill as were pubs and areas around Brighton station ?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The biggest pillock was the copper sat in his car bang in the middle of the exit channel from platform 8 after the game.

Credit card bills to pay after chrimbo = overtime for our friendly ob :lol:

f*** right off with your bollox about the OB.

My Brother is Sussex OB, on duty in Public Order at Brighton station and really could have done without it to be honest.

If anyone saw a random guy walking up to a group of police and giving a "man hug" to a copper at the station, that was me and my brother.

sparky999

Aug 5, 2011
leaving the ground i saw an old bill being 'interviewed' by a reporter....

had heard a while back that bristol city has quite a serious firm...
no evidence of the today....

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex

My Brother is Sussex OB, on duty in Public Order at Brighton station and really could have done without it to be honest.

If anyone saw a random guy walking up to a group of police and giving a "man hug" to a copper at the station, that was me and my brother.

So your brother has no credit card bills and it was not overtime?? Why are you telling him to "f*** right off with your bollox"?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We noticed masses of police around Sx University, outside and inside the ground, and on the A27 in vans.

Can only assume that some Bristol City elements had indicated some nasty plans for the weekend.

Otherwise the club & police would have kept the usual low numbers.

We were away for the Southampton game. Was there a big presence that afternoon too?

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009

Agreed. Sussex Police are very reasonable and use common sense. They're not suddenly going to choose this match for a few extra quid in their pay packets. Bristol City have always had a bit of a reputation for trouble. If something had really kicked off, there'd be a thread of "Where were the Old Bill?". At times they can't win, no matter what they do.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Spoke to a couple by the station, and they'd been sent from bristol which says something... Spoke to a group of bristol fans who were clearly up for a punch up too.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Guess the police presence was justified.it kicked off in a few pubs around the station. Was drinking in the railway belle after game and it went off in there pretty badly.Guy walked in chanting Albion,had a beer thrown over him by a city mob and all hell broke loose.left to drink elsewhere and it had also been kicking off down queens road

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports