Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police in Ohio shoot dead 13-year-old

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm always a bit dubious of American cop accounts, considering their recent past. Let's see if Joe Public managed to video this somewhere.

Quite.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A 13 year old growing up in the USA should know better than pull a gun on a police officer. Officer had no choice really. Somebody points a gun at me with a laser, Im going to shoot at where the laser is coming from. I doubt if the officer knew the teenagers age either.

I'd go along with all of this. It's tragic really but I'm not sure what the policeman could have done.

And surely, a sensible move to make for the powers that be in the States if they aren't going to ban guns anytime soon then at least start banning replica guns.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly. If all high school and younger children were allowed to carry a concealed weapon then these awful school shootings could be avoided.

I read an recent article that stated a Texas college had just passed a rule permitting concealed weapons to be carried by pupils on college premises. But, their same rules also prohibit the carrying of sex toys on the premises. You can carry a gun but not a vibrator....figure that one out.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I don't have a lot of sympathy with the 13 year old except that if he did the same thing in this country would he have been shot dead.

Is it not possible to shoot to disable and not kill, maybe the multiple times he was hit had something to do with it..

If someone pulls a gun....It`s you or him... I`m with the cop on this one !!!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I don't have a lot of sympathy with the 13 year old except that if he did the same thing in this country would he have been shot dead.

Is it not possible to shoot to disable and not kill, maybe the multiple times he was hit had something to do with it..

If he was being chased by an English copper with a gun he'd still be shot dead. Aiming to disabled isn't really possible - arms and legs are pretty easy to miss. Trained to aim for the torso as that's the easiest target.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he was being chased by an English copper with a gun he'd still be shot dead. Aiming to disabled isn't really possible - arms and legs are pretty easy to miss. Trained to aim for the torso as that's the easiest target.
Sure, but one bullet would do. Unless it's in the USA of course, in which case they should shoot the child 30 times and then stab him to be sure.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
There will probably be riots about this but if you're stupid enough to pull a gun on a police man, replica or otherwise then you deserve to get shot.

It's tragic yes and I hope the chap rests in peace but IMO the Cop is not at fault and anyone who does this is gonna get shot, black or otherwise...

http://news.sky.com/story/police-in-ohio-shoot-dead-13-year-old-who-pulled-out-replica-gun-10578746

Though it obviously would be wrong not to understand why the boy was shot, if in fact he did point a weapon at the officer. But Deserved ...this cannot be right!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Superhero funeral for school shooting victim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37568229

People dressed in superhero costumes have attended the funeral of a six-year-old boy who was shot to death at his primary school last week.
Jacob Hall was shot by a teenage gunman who killed his own father before the rampage in Townville, South Carolina.
Another child and a teacher were also wounded in the attack.
Jacob's family asked mourners to dress as the superheroes Jacob loved and he is being laid to rest dressed as Batman...

...The 14-year-old gunman was subdued by a volunteer firefighter before he could enter the school and harm more students.

yet another heart breaking story that won't make the slightest difference to America.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here