Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police Box Gang

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep, i agree. The only win we have seen on a Saturday was back in August, the nerves has definitely stumped the atmosphere, unfair to pick on the PB though.

I wasn't! I meant the whole ground was quieter than it usually is / should be in the last 10 mins of a win! Sooooo nervous!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

One thing I will say though, give Yankee Doodle a fecking rest please, it's shite.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I
As quiet as we are, the ESU does respond occasionally to simple songs that start from the main body of the North and the WSU. There were a couple of occasions today.

The original poster is right though. It was noticeable today. A united North Stand and WSU does encourage a strong atmosphere. At times, the group under the Police Box didn't seem to be over willing to be part of that when it didn't originate from their area.

Come and stand with us and then tell me how easy it is to hear songs started from other areas of the NS. We join in when we hear what's being sung, we don't when we can't. I guess other parts of the stadium are lucky enough to be able to hear more than we are. We do our best. We try. We're giving it our all.

Now listen very, very carefully.

The only way that we will get a unified North Stand is when the club... when THE CLUB make some changes. I'm talking to you Paul Beirne. Despite what your email said, there WAS a consensus, and that consensus was "put us all together". The lack of consensus was in how that is achieved and, whatever we might suggest, only you and the rest of the powers that be can effect that change. Bite the bullet, make the changes, continue with the momentum that started in December (which now feels distinctly withered due to your inactivity). We're all still here. Have a listen at some of the away games.

Imagine what you could achieve, what we all could achieve, if YOU put the wheels in motion.

Soon enough we find out what next year's prices will be. If you don't act to change where we all 'sit' before tickets are bought then shame on you. I'm calling you out. Make a change, be true to your word and mobilise us all under your own initiative. We neither want nor need another revolution; we just need your support, so that we can be joined up in giving ours.

Make it so.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Moan when the PB sing, moan when they don't, there are not many of them and if the others in the NS and WS and around the ground actually sung, then perhaps the glaring fact that the PB make a noise and enjoy themselves would not be noticed or continuously dissed.

It is amusing seeing them consistently fail to get anyone else to join in with their songs :shrug:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I

Come and stand with us and then tell me how easy it is to hear songs started from other areas of the NS. We join in when we hear what's being sung, we don't when we can't. I guess other parts of the stadium are lucky enough to be able to hear more than we are. We do our best. We try. We're giving it our all.

The only way that we will get a unified North Stand is when the club... when THE CLUB make some changes. I'm talking to you Paul Beirne. Despite what your email said, there WAS a consensus, and that consensus was "put us all together". The lack of consensus was in how that is achieved and, whatever we might suggest, only you and the rest of the powers that be can effect that change. Bite the bullet, make the changes, continue with the momentum that started in December (which now feels distinctly withered due to your inactivity). We're all still here. Have a listen at some of the away games.

Imagine what you could achieve, what we all could achieve, if YOU put the wheels in motion.

Soon enough we find out what next year's prices will be. If you don't act to change where we all 'sit' before tickets are bought then shame on you. I'm calling you out. Make a change, be true to your word and mobilise us all under your own initiative. We neither want nor need another revolution; we just need your support, so that we can be joined up in giving ours.

Make it so.
Well said

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I

Make it so.

Who's 'we'? All the ****ing DINS that already sit together in the corner singing shit that nobody joins in with all day? Isn't going to make much difference if you're all in your own exclusive club is it?

But of course, it's easier to blame the club than accept you're part of a group that's quite prepared to sing for 90 minutes but's sadly too f*cking thick to work out what
would get people to join in

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I

Make it so.

Some of the singing from other parts, that you didn't seem to support, was loud and clear.

However, this is not to say I don't think you have a major role to play in forming a strong atmosphere. You do. I have enjoyed the unity at away games especially.

I endorse your ideas re: what the club should do. I know some may disagree. But that is always going to be the case with so many of us having our view.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Why would you have a separate forum for topics that only come up once a fortnight?
[MENTION=88]Bob![/MENTION] did the "Complain About Some Aspect of Catering" thread and I have done the "Police Box Gang Ruin the Atmosphere" one.

I'm most aghast at the 1,000's that left with minutes to go when we were desperately trying to secure the win

Man up [MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION]
Your comment surely deserves a seperate thread!

;-)

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Who's 'we'? All the ****ing DINS that already sit together in the corner singing shit that nobody joins in with all day? Isn't going to make much difference if you're all in your own exclusive club is it?

But of course, it's easier to blame the club than accept you're part of a group that's quite prepared to sing for 90 minutes but's sadly too f*cking thick to work out what
would get people to join in

I agree when the 20 or 30 pbc sing I can not hear the other 24,000 other albion fans. It is so unfair of the pbc how are the 24000 albion fans meant to be heard or out sing 20 people. There's 24000 of us signing allllbionnnn then the 20 people in the pbc drown us out with one of the songs and I can no longer hear the 24000 and what songs they are singing so the songs stop.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do about this!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worst atmosphere ever for a 4-3 home win.

At one stage you could hear the players calling (I'm in WSU..!). Beram Kayal having to try and gee up the North Stand is a bit embarrassing.
For whatever reason, this is spot on. :down:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I agree when the 20 or 30 pbc sing I can not hear the other 24,000 other albion fans. It is so unfair of the pbc how are the 24000 albion fans meant to be heard or out sing 20 people. There's 24000 of us signing allllbionnnn then the 20 people in the pbc drown us out with one of the songs and I can no longer hear the 24000 and what songs they are singing so the songs stop.

Right, the thing is, by moving so many of the singers under the police box, all you've done is create an isolated group and disjointing the rest of the stand.

On the odd occasion when you join in with the rest of the North stand, the singing spreads round to the west stand, when you sing your own little songs, no one else joins in except you.

Yesterday I noticed that nearly the whole North stand sings one song until it gets over to near you lot and then you're singing something else.

To get the Amex loud again, you need an entire stand as one, this in turn will rub off on the other stands.

Basically when you all decided to move to the NWC it was the end of any decent atmosphere that we had in the past created, no coincidence, that is exactly what happened.

As for the club having to do something, it's not really their fault, so many of you moved it'll be tough moving you all more central again now, for instance the judge was directly in front of me a couple of seasons ago, but hardly any empty seats centrally near the back.

Can't see the club going down the unallocated seating route, so unless there is a mass of non renewals in the centre blocks, which I doubt as most of those around me were withdrawn regulars, then I'm not sure what the club can do to help.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Blimey new-comers ? I sat with them at the game against b/ham (normally ESU) I would say they are just very excitable youngsters having a good time - honestly I sat under the north east edge of that box and could only hear the west stand sing-the north main were drowned out by the young-uns paying good money and enjoying themselves , I don't believe there is a them and us about the situation , answering a previous comment about them singing away songs that isn't the case -away games are always a different event because we all mix together for the cause.
every away game has different pockets of supporters singing different songs im 48, the average age of the PBG is probably 20 I found it encouraging to see young Brighton fans
a; having a good time
b; being good natured
c; more importantly there blue n white, paying the same as us and trying new songs ---come on you old buggers leave them alone
Im moving to their corner in case I die of boredom in the upper east library

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Good post.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
IMO we need to follow the guys in the middle of the North stand. They sing all the old favourites and anyone who is likely to sing joins in. As soon as the PBC kick off with the euro stuff it stifles the atmosphere. You won't get the 'returning' fans* singing the new songs. The last time they were regularly attending they sang the old songs. That is what they are comfortable with. To get a large take up of the newer trendy euro songs you will need to find a way to make a season ticket affordable for the 15-25 age group.

For the record in block D I haven't heard or seen anyone join in with that dreadful 'Come on you boys in stripes' or many of the other stuff the PBC do.

Also, I have no interest in coming over for a chat. I saw what happened to the guy with the banner. No thanks!

*me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here