Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Points Required

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've just looked at the Predictor on the BBC website and one thing that i've found is that Millwall could actually be real dark horses in the play off race. They have 2 winnable games in hand and a relatively straight forward run in.

I wonder if their fans would be allowed into Wembley if they got through to the play off final?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
I think we will win our two remaining home games, and have at least 72 points (anything we get at Leeds will be a bonus). That could be enough to finish 4th.
Wolves having to come out for a win on the last day could be viewed as a good thing for us, allowing us in behind to attack.
If Wolves need only a point to guarantee survival, and a point is not enough to get us in the play-offs, then we might have a problem.
Given the choice, Bolton would be the team to avoid in the p-o semis.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I've just looked at the Predictor on the BBC website and one thing that i've found is that Millwall could actually be real dark horses in the play off race. They have 2 winnable games in hand and a relatively straight forward run in.

I wonder if their fans would be allowed into Wembley if they got through to the play off final?

If they win all 5 games they would be on 70 points, which would allow them just to scrape in. But I can't see them winning all of them tbh.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

I've just had a go at that and from being very positive beforehand I now have us scraping into the play-offs on goal difference with 70 points with Forest and Leicester missing out. Millwall don't feature in the mix for me.
That goal difference of ours is absolutely crucial.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If you go on to BBC sport football championship predictor you can play around with the results anyway you wish to see what might happen.One of the worst is Wolves coming to us needing a win to stay up whilst we need something to make the play offs.If that happens I'll be wearing my brown trousers to the final game.

you mean the ones you have been wearing all season like me :lolol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The good thing is that everyone around us is playing teams that still need something to either stay up or get into the play offs.
Last day could be interesting

Forrest v Leicester both playing for play offs
Palace v Peterborough fighting for playoffs and to avoid relegation
Bolton v Blackburn again both will need something
And us, so last day could see a lot of changes in positions over the 90 mins.

Would be good for us to have at least 4 points in the bag before then.

It would ramp up the drama and indeed the atmsophere if, every time a goal went in elsewhere, it flashed up on the Amex screens

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm hoping & hoping that we've already done the deed come the last game and then we can just sit back and watch all the others fight it out amongst themselves.

But that'll probably never happen. We are the Albion after all and we're used to squeaky bums (not in a gay sense, though)!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It would ramp up the drama and indeed the atmsophere if, every time a goal went in elsewhere, it flashed up on the Amex screens

I prefer the rumours going around the ground, I hope one of the old blokes brings a radio to the game, used to see plenty of people do this at withdean.

Was anyone at the Watford game under coppell towards the end of the season and there was actually a cheer for the palaces goals. we went on to dick watford 5-0 possibly, oatway scoring at least one.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are the Albion after all and we're used to squeaky bums (not in a gay sense, though)!
Well obviously - all Brightonians carry lube.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
If no one has a radio we will have to send 1 person from each block into the concourse every 5 minutes to check the scores.

I'd also like them to put Soccer Saturday on the big screens at HT and Full Time

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Do stattos not learn grammar? ... play off's ... ? It's a plural laddie - PLURALS DO NOT NEED APOSTROPHES. Or if you were writing it - plural's do not need apostrophe's.

It really isn't difficult.

pwoper noughty boy

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Do stattos not learn grammar? ... play off's ... ? It's a plural laddie - PLURALS DO NOT NEED APOSTROPHES. Or if you were writing it - plural's do not need apostrophe's.

It really isn't difficult.

If we're going to be pedantic: should it actually be plays-off?
(...using the same rules as I understand the plural of "spoonful" should be "spoonsful")

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
If we're going to be pedantic: should it actually be plays-off?
(...using the same rules as I understand the plural of "spoonful" should be "spoonsful")

Surely, play-off is the descriptive part, so it should really be play-off games (no apostrophe!)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think we will win our two remaining home games, and have at least 72 points (anything we get at Leeds will be a bonus). That could be enough to finish 4th.

As it stands now 72 points would see off one of Leicester or Forest and we would need Bolton to not win all of their last three.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We'll get another 4 points and our GD will see us through, how we get those points is anyone's guess! My feeling Blackpool 3 pts, Leeds 0 pts and Wolves 1 pt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here