Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points in November

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think currently we are a much better side than all three of these opponents. That said we still have to go out and get the job done. Winning 3 games on the trot is big ask for us, but I genuinely think we have a chance of it. I do not expect us to win all three but I'd be disappointed if we failed to take at least five of the nine points on offer.

Time for us to convert this growing confidence into wins and put the draws to bed.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm guessing you are a glass half empty kind of guy !
Surely on NSC we cannot allow actual facts to spoil a theory ! :lolol:

Whilst I'm in 'glass half empty' mode we haven't won in the league since September 19.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Whilst I'm in 'glass half empty' mode we haven't won in the league since September 19.

Bl00dy facts. Pah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just one defeat since we lost to Everton (28th August!) and that was to Man City. Even then we roared back in the 2nd half and showed we can compete. I reckon the belief gained from that underpinned the confidence to get at Liverpool too - confidence within the team should be sky-high, even though our last win was mid-September.

Add in the 3 wins from the equivalent fixtures last season, Leeds’ lack of form, no Grealish for Villa and Newcastle still a mess…

It just doesn’t feel right predicting 3 wins, so I’m going 7 points :rock: with the 2 dropped vs Leeds due to Kalvin Phillips returning…

5 points would still be a decent return.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Blimey just seen that Newcastle are 5-1 to win against us! Even a double chance of draw or Newcastle is 5/4 - Some safety bets coming up I think! I feel very uneasy about how practically everyone is writing them off. We should beat them easily but will we? Hmmm

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think 4 is realistic with 6 doable.

Newcastle - please let us beat them.
Villa - I think that's tricky because they may be fighting hard for points - we could slip up here.
Leeds - always mad cap, but we'll take a point at least.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Blimey just seen that Newcastle are 5-1 to win against us! Even a double chance of draw or Newcastle is 5/4 - Some safety bets coming up I think! I feel very uneasy about how practically everyone is writing them off. We should beat them easily but will we? Hmmm

It must have been a good while since there have been odds like that on us for a league game. (I'm not betting against us mind)

Also a good while since our fanbase has had such high expectations of winning a league game. I'm keeping myself in check on this one, same as you.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
These are probably the only 3 matches I'm going to this season. 9 points in the bag.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We need to stop conceding a goal in the first 5 minutes, although that has been against City, Leicester and Liverpool.

If we can score first on Saturday then I’d expect us to win. They’ll sit deep, all about if we can break them down without making any silly mistakes.

If he’s ready I’d defo start Lamptey in this one, they’ll shit themselves.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Although 9 points might sound a bit ambitious, looking at each of those games in isolation then I think most would say we are more than capable of winning them.

If we put on Liverpool/Arsenal (and not Norwich/Everton) performances then very confident of 9

Am I allowed to revise that to 1?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here