Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points in November

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
These fixtures yielded us the full 9 points last season but how many do you think we’ll get this time round?

Nov 6th Brighton v Newcastle
Nov 20th Aston Villa v Brighton
Nov 27th Brighton v Leeds

I’ve certainly got my eye on overhauling West Ham who have two Europa fixtures to navigate as well as taking on Liverpool & Citeh.

I think we’ll get 7.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I would hope for 6 or maybe 7 to be greedy.

On paper they all look beatable, equally we are quite capable of turning in a duff performance and get turned over by any of them.

We need to get to a position of fear, where teams think we are going to beat them! That's a little way off yet...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Although 9 points might sound a bit ambitious, looking at each of those games in isolation then I think most would say we are more than capable of winning them.

If we put on Liverpool/Arsenal (and not Norwich/Everton) performances then very confident of 9

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
All winnable so 9 points please. I am sure the players will be looking for 9 points as well.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If we play like we did yesterday and 2nd half v City then 9, I’m actually being serious, in the past this is exactly where the Albion’s wheels would fall off, something feels different now though somehow. I think it’s squad depth, with the exception of Big Bob and maybe Dunky/Yves I’d say no one player is guaranteed a start now, and they know it.

A lot depends on the next 5 days with Biss too sadly, we look a different proposition with Yves in the side, he was the best midfielder on the pitch yesterday, closely followed by Mwepu and Lallana.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm daring to dream of the full nine but this is the Premier League and we could just as easily lose the lot.

I think we'll beat Newcastle as we've just gone toe to toe with Liverpool and not looked any worse than them. Play like that and we will win by two or three.

Villa I'm less sure about. They are a Jekyll and Hyde team and it really depends which Villa turns up. Also, I'm going up there on my annual chaps jolly. We've done this every season for about 8 seasons now and seen one Albion goal - and that was an own goal.

Leeds too. They strike me as a side like we were last season. Much better than their results suggest. Would be lovely to see them relegated but I don't see it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
4, on the floor.
Or on the door.
I'd prefer more.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
9 points is certainly possible. Looking at the December's fixtures as well we've got the opportunity to get a lot of points before the end of the year.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm daring to dream of the full nine but this is the Premier League and we could just as easily lose the lot.

I think we'll beat Newcastle as we've just gone toe to toe with Liverpool and not looked any worse than them. Play like that and we will win by two or three.

Villa I'm less sure about. They are a Jekyll and Hyde team and it really depends which Villa turns up. Also, I'm going up there on my annual chaps jolly. We've done this every season for about 8 seasons now and seen one Albion goal - and that was an own goal.

Leeds too. They strike me as a side like we were last season. Much better than their results suggest. Would be lovely to see them relegated but I don't see it.
So you've only seen 1 Albion goal, which was an own goal? Didn't we beat them 2-1 with goals from Welbeck and solly?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
4 would be satisfactory, anymore than that very good.

However, you know we are capable of 9 and I think it's really down to us, regardless of what they do :shrug:

That hasn't always been the case the last few seasons.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I would be impressed if we get 8 from 3 games. I know in the Papa John's trophy you can get two points for a draw if you win the penalty shootout, but didn't think it applied to premier League yet.

I would go for 5 but hope for 7

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you've only seen 1 Albion goal, which was an own goal? Didn't we beat them 2-1 with goals from Welbeck and solly?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
No, this jolly I do with a few others - we do one a year at different places every season. Barnsley, Blackburn, Burnley, Preston and a few others.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Newcastle bound to end their winless strak somewnere, and at some point Leeds will get their frst away win. Wonder where and when these events will take place? Oh, and Villa seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us (only one win in the last 40 years) ......................

Still, we could be pleasantly surprised, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here