Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Point Gained or two points lost???

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
well, any far fetched dreams that people have had to get in the top 2 have been put to bed tonight.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Depends on the next two away games , 7 points out of 9 might be achieved but in the wrong expected order.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
disgraceful result. we will finish 8th cause of results like this shit, pathetic performance, utter disgusting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Just got back to the hotel in Bristol. Can't be bothered to read all the threads, but we were very, very poor. Kusczak kept us in it but we barely deserved to draw. I feel it was two points dropped at a crucial stage of the season.
Only positives for me: first, the Brighton support was good, as ever. Second, Bristol's not a bad place and I had a good time before and after the match; If it had been Hull or Boro and I'd travelled to watch that, I'd feel seriously short changed. Third, the bloke in front of me forgot the seats had no backs, leaned back and fell on the floor, which was my only entertainment during the 90 mins.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dropped points. Don't care about their recent home record; from what I saw tonight they were a team we could have beaten comfortably, but we didn't turn up for some reason. The 13 shot stat hides the fact that but they never forced a serious save out of TK.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
A point is better than nowt tbh, BC on a run of 5 wins at home so not bad tbh! Though they are the bottom team so should we have beaten them??

Point gained. Unless we've been punished by the football league for too much FLAIR.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Point gained. At this time in a season, relegation teams are fighting for their lives and quite often pick up points nobody expects them to. Along with the fact that O'Driscoll has been getting some good results at home for City as previously mentioned, and left his highest scorer on the bench to field a very negative team, tried to stifle us playing, and the pitch was dreadful which resulted in CMS catching his studs in the quagmire, then it was a point gained.
A poor performance but a clean sheet and a point away from home.

This was a point gained. Bristol City's sole target was to stop us playing. With their current home form, a very noisy, energetic (if somewhat homophobic) crowd and a chance to move out of the bottom three, it was always going to be very tough.

With illness (Barnes) knocks/Fatigue (Vicente/Bridge) and the rotation (Ulloa on bench) and then the injury (CMS) i am nearly over the moon with a point. We also doubled the gap between us and the teams who are chasing the Play-offs.

If we can get 4 points out of the next 2 games, we pretty much guarantee that come noon a week Sunday, we will still be in a Play-off position, and dare I say, we would then also be in a play-off position regardless of the result against Palace. Yesterday was a very valuable point.

And, if Palace slip up on Saturday and we get maximum points from our next two, we can overtake them by beating them.....

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Personally think, if Upson wasn't playing we'd have lost.

Pathetic performance, Buckley was absolutely dreadful, we were crying out for Lua Lua. Also Hammond last night was poor, very slow and frustrating to watch him last night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having not had a shot it has to be a point gained doesn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here