Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pocognoli

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If we want him to extend his loan period (doesn't it currently expire in Jan?) then giving him a run in the team would be a sensible choice.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Should keep the shirt. Looked far better than Bong today. Bong was a liability at times against Cardiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He was very good tonight, difficult to tell against 10 men for 60 mins .

Bong will come back in and rightly so, but anymore slip ups and Poc will be in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Keep him in. Tackles like a demon, slotted straight in and was also happy to push a long way forward. Looked top quality to me. Fabulous performance to come in and play like that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would keep him in the eleven for Tuesday before Bong comes back on Saturday. Think CH will make use of the squad on Tuesday and play Goldson, Towell, Hemed and March from the start. Rest for Stephens, Murphy, Murray and one of the wingers.

Sorry, not checked the fixtures. Is this a Leyland Daf Trucks cup tie game? If its a league game I somehow don't see CH throwing in the Towell . . . :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Bong is a very assured full back who has a good understanding with Skalak and Murphy. Poggy has gone straight in there and been totally assured. He did have one or two misunderstandings with Murphy, but nevertheless a very decent display. No worries with Bong being suspended.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Good performance from him tonight. Looked very assured and I think he should start on Tuesday. He also looks to have a bit more pace or at least acceleration, than Bong?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought he was terrific. LOVED that sliding wipeout challenge he did in the centre circle first half, emerging with the ball. Switched play with a couple of splendid sweeping passes, and in the last knockings of the 1st half he beat their RB all ends up and slipped it to Murray which could easily have resulted in 2-0.

Considering he's been kicking his heels for so long, he was bloody great. I'm a fan of Bong, but this guy is SO ready to step in. Interesting decision for Tuesday.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He was very good tonight, difficult to tell against 10 men for 60 mins .

Bong will come back in and rightly so, but anymore slip ups and Poc will be in.
Bong has done nothing to justify automatic selection. I think Pog had a decent game and better than what I have seen from Bong so IMO he should retain his position.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bong has done nothing to justify automatic selection. I think Pog had a decent game and better than what I have seen from Bong so IMO he should retain his position.

Yep, agree with that [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I would keep him in the eleven for Tuesday before Bong comes back on Saturday. Think CH will make use of the squad on Tuesday and play Goldson, Towell, Hemed and March from the start. Rest for Stephens, Murphy, Murray and one of the wingers.

Newcastle rested half their first choice players against Blackburn at St James the other week and lost, we definitely shouldn't underestimate them and field a under strength side.

Win for us and a win for Leeds against Reading and the gap to 3rd could be as big as 10 points.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Newcastle rested half their first choice players against Blackburn at St James the other week and lost, we definitely shouldn't underestimate them and field a under strength side.

Win for us and a win for Leeds against Reading and the gap to 3rd could be as big as 10 points.

Is that a fear for you? That has never, ever entered my mind.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Apart from being part of the best defence in the league for 20 games....

Now I'm not Bong's biggest fan, but messing around with the defence on the back of one good game against 10 men is a risky business for me.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Pog's up for it and looking a bit more like the finished article. Bong worries me sometimes.
:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here