Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IMG_6814.png

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
TS said they’re selling Gallagher against Poch’s wishes.
Everybody knew that Chelsea have to sell HG players by the end of June, but he has players returning from injury more than capable of replacing not just Gallagher (Lavia) but Colwill (Maatsen), Broja (Lukaku / DD Fofana), Chalobah (W. Fofana).

He's finally got the team organised, Cucurella is playing brilliantly, ditto Caicedo, Nkunku is back, Madueke looks good.

Poch has done the hard yards, I'm surprised he hasn't just got on with it. Part of being an elite manager is putting up with a idiot owner, Ancellotti is a master of this, as was Fergie.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Alex Crook said:
1. Poch miffed that Gallagher and Chalobah are being sold.
2. That they won’t extend his contract beyond next May.
3. Little say in transfers. Meddling yank Egbali with W@nkstanley and Stewart personally choose all recruits.
3. Egbahi has a habit of hovering over training sessions. Poch, Potter and Tuchel couldn’t stand that.

Poch wanted out as he found out yesterday at the meeting with W@nkstanley that none of that would alter.
That stacks up.

I can respect a manager more that gets on with it mind. It is not as if they are on minimum wage.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Really hope they haven’t agreed a deal with RDZ - no one deserves that toxic place whatever some fans think of our ex-head coach. I would be gutted to see him chewed up and spat out like almost everyone else Chelsea set their appetites on.
But RDZ'S ego and charisma would handle being chewed and spat out (that's a compliment to him).
Imagine his having the chance to work with that very young and talented squad.

el punal

Boehly and RDZ would be so funny together - a perfect non fit.
Can’t see Poch coming here if he wants a big say on signings and aspirations of champions league success in the short term.
Can’t see beyond us reinstating Potter and still not sure how I feel about it, although I think he would already be warming his seat if it is him.
F*** me! Enough already. People on here actually wanted Tim Sherwood to be our gaffer. Probably some would think Alf Ramsey would be a good fit. I’ll trust the club on this one, so Sam Allardyce it is then. :drink:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Club with no principles do unprincipled thing, shocker.

And no, I don't want Poch, he has been dreadful.
I don’t think he’s been dreadful at all. He took over a squad in complete disarray that had all been thrown together and were completely unsuitable for each other, and got them to finish 6th after a horrendous start to the season. I think he’s done a great job.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If the real reason he left Brighton because he didn‘t have the control he want, why would he then go to Chelsea, where he would have even less say?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

‘mutual consent’ but i think we all know what that means. ridiculous even for boehly, considering they’ve been playing very well recently and finally looked like clicking.

i’d take poch in a heartbeat, it would be an amazing appointment actually. especially as we’ll doubtlessly see brighton-on-thames now go for mckenna

I scratch my head that Poch is somehow 'inferior' in status to Winstanley at that club - I guess there's nothing sporting about a 'Sporting Director '.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are probably under-estimating McKenna - he’ll probably have Chelsea in poll position by November ( Boehly will need to find another reason to sack him).

Im warming to McKenna for us - Ipswich have played proper football under him.
How dare you interrupt my comedy narrative with your so-called facts ???

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports