Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Poch leaves chelsea

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Cant see them going for McKenna. Lacks the experience they would surely be after.
Didn't stop them coming for Potter did it? What experience did he have apart from us?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the cards for weeks, Poch has made many hints.

The club’s reason …. an awful first 6 months, no CL place despite a > £1b spend.

Now RDZ or McKenna.
You recon? ???

Crikey.

I don't.

Ancelotti perhaps. Out of contract in, er, 2024!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Surely the weirdest decision this season.

I can only assume there is something (apart from the disagreement on how to manage a football team) that we just aren't aware of.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really hope they haven’t agreed a deal with RDZ - no one deserves that toxic place whatever some fans think of our ex-head coach. I would be gutted to see him chewed up and spat out like almost everyone else Chelsea set their appetites on.
Really? I'd love the drama.

But I suspect RDZ is too sensible to lower his big balls into that whirlymixer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:laugh:

IMG_6813.png

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I just don’t understand the logic. Poch finally seems to have got them settled & playing well, and what does Boehly do…?? sack him to create more instability & bring in a new manager that is no guarantee of success to start the process all over again. Mental.

Very much this. Surely even the most hardcore Chelsea fans must be scratching their heads. Of course they've under achieved relevant to the cash spent. However, they looked to have turned a corner and our old boys Moises and Cucurella were showing what they had with us. Is it possible that Pochettino wanted out as just realised what a crack pot the Yank is?

Please God don't let RDZ end up there and give us an excuse to dislike him.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just said on Sky they are looking for a possession based attacking manager with an identity, however they also want defensive stability, that’s RDZ out then

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
They just had a poll on Shedend where 85% (at the time of posting, before the announcement) of fans wanted him to stay. They had finally, finally warmed to Poch after the excellent end to the season… and they get rid of him. Truly astonishing.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Well, that's put cat amongst the pigeons. He left as wanted more say in transfer decisions so not for us then!
Well with Todd spending willy-nilly like a drunken sailor, I'd want more say in the transfer decisions too. Any manager would. Even one that really didn't want to. Anybody could see their recruitment was all over the place without and logic or plan.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Maybe managers are getting too big for their boots?

They are employees of the club. They can make recommendations fair enough, but the bottom line is 'these are your tools, get on with the job or fukk off'.

In farness to Roy, he understood that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here