[News] PM's Press Conference - 5PM.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No option really. Swe-maestro Tegnell said it quite well: if you move in and out of lockdown, people wont comply. You have one or two free ones but after that you cant call for one before things are disastrous as people wont accept it if there is merely a threat that things could go bad.

He’s no fool.

Over time there’s lockdowns fatigue. It was pretty obvious, but psychologists later identified it.

Late MarchApril 2020 - Brighton’s roads were dead 24-7, a cyclists paradise.
By May/June 2020 - A sizeable minority of people flouting the laws, grandparents meeting up with families even amongst the ‘middle class’, teens and young adults meeting up in big groups.

Jan/Mar 2021 here was far busier than Mar/Apr 2020, despite a raft of laws. People secretly met up.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Did anyone see Dr.David Navarro, special envoy on COVID for the World Health Organisation, giving his views on telly?
He didn’t hold back and said he is more concerned now than at any point in the pandemic.
It wasn’t quite, kiss your arse goodbye, but I have never seen a medic quite so animated.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I agree with Stig

[tweet]1471172707589013504[/tweet]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Having jabs and wearing masks is still letting people get on with their lives ,the devil is in the detail.

For example at the football wear a mask whilst inside the ground , put your food & drink stalls outside the ground, , allow people to bring in their own soft drinks (with lids), food and flasks.

Yes there is a hit on revenue but that's going to be smaller than the hit if football is topped again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[I’m assuming you’re not typing posts whilst flying through Goudhurst at 60 mph …. so are you watching the match from Faversham?].

Oh, the old Goudhurst 60 mph strategy - never again, after slamming my car keys under my bonnet at the petrol station and having to be rescued by the AA, arriving late for the KO :facepalm:

I decided this afternoon when the numbers were announced that it would be the actions of a rabid loon to attempt this game in my condition.

I meant to give [MENTION=37530]monty uk[/MENTION] a heads up; I think [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] was expecting it. Beers and cheers another day, lads :thumbsup:

Meanwhile BT Sport is beginning to throb in the other room, in anticipation of football tastic, er, football. Programme starting - see ya!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Football imminent. Covid can suck a fart, I’m going to forget about it for a couple of hours. See you on the other side. :bhasign:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He’s no fool.

Over time there’s lockdowns fatigue. It was pretty obvious, but psychologists later identified it.

Late MarchApril 2020 - Brighton’s roads were dead 24-7, a cyclists paradise.
By May/June 2020 - A sizeable minority of people flouting the laws, grandparents meeting up with families even amongst the ‘middle class’, teens and young adults meeting up in big groups.

Jan/Mar 2021 here was far busier than Mar/Apr 2020, despite a raft of laws. People secretly met up.

No surprise... in March/April 2020 we didnt know how dangerous this is. The numbers from Italy indicated a fatality rate of 10%, no shit people stayed indoors. At this point it will take a lot of hospitalisations and deaths to make people follow strict rules.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So what’s the way out if it’s not the vaccine ?

Not in a snarky way, just be interested to know.

Be cautious and hope Omicron is the benign variation which means we can live with it without overwhelming health services for now. If it’s not then repeat 2021 until it happens. Unless and until someone is prepared to stand up and say how many people they’re happy to kill off.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Be cautious and hope Omicron is the benign variation which means we can live with it without overwhelming health services for now. If it’s not then repeat 2021 until it happens. Unless and until someone is prepared to stand up and say how many people they’re happy to kill off.

So our one job in the UK is to not overwhelm the NHS at the cost of everything else.

We already have proof the vaccine works with 2 in stopping hospitalisations and even more so with boosters/prior infection - which is the main thing.

What about in 6 months if another Variant comes into play? More restrictions? More jabs?

There will be a limit for everyone when it comes to jabs.

I agree, an adult In the room needs to be honest and say how many deaths are going to happen per year because of Covid, but they won’t.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So our one job in the UK is to not overwhelm the NHS at the cost of everything else.

Basically, yes. If the NHS collapses we’re royally in the shit.

“Found a lump on your balls? Good luck.”
“Heart attack? Pop some paracetamol and try not to think about it.”
“Serious car crash? Give your loved ones this card for the local undertakers.”

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Basically, yes. If the NHS collapses we’re royally in the shit.

“Found a lump on your balls? Good luck.”
“Heart attack? Pop some paracetamol and try not to think about it.”
“Serious car crash? Give your loved ones this card for the local undertakers.”

If the vaccine works, that won’t happen.

And how long does this continue for? Months, years, decades

Those things are not being seen at the moment, so what will be the difference?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
If the vaccine works, that won’t happen.

And how long does this continue for? Months, years, decades

Those things are not being seen at the moment, so what will be the difference?

Because seat belts work do you go looking to crash your car at 70mph into an oak tree?

No you don't.

Joe 90

Sep 16, 2021
Russian virologist Petr Chumakov says it is possible that omikron variant was created artificially.
>I think this is the way it is. It is the English. They decided to stop the pandemics because now it is the time for some decisive changes in the world
>It is not just a mutation. The collected all the already known mutations ... moreover they added the chain of three amino acids which are characteristic of a coronavirus season. How could it appear in this virus just like that independently - nobody can explain.
>in his opinion this could explain that the virus is 'super weakened'. Now is the moment when they decided for some reasons to roll up the pandemics quickly, says the virologist
Chumakov is a member of Russian Academy of Sciences, head of the laboratory of cell proliferation within Engelgardt Instutute of molecular biology.

Do we trust the expert on this one? ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Russian virologist Petr Chumakov says it is possible that omikron variant was created artificially.
>I think this is the way it is. It is the English. They decided to stop the pandemics because now it is the time for some decisive changes in the world
>It is not just a mutation. The collected all the already known mutations ... moreover they added the chain of three amino acids which are characteristic of a coronavirus season. How could it appear in this virus just like that independently - nobody can explain.
>in his opinion this could explain that the virus is 'super weakened'. Now is the moment when they decided for some reasons to roll up the pandemics quickly, says the virologist
Chumakov is a member of Russian Academy of Sciences, head of the laboratory of cell proliferation within Engelgardt Instutute of molecular biology.

Do we trust the expert on this one? ???

I’m not sure I’d trust a Russian scientist to change the oil in my car to be honest.

Joe 90

Sep 16, 2021
I’m not sure I’d trust a Russian scientist to change the oil in my car to be honest.

"Russian particle physicist Anatoli Bugorski is known as the man who survived after putting his head inside a particle accelerator while examining a faulty equipment. The radiation caused partial paralysis of his face and loss of hearing in his left ear. The Soviet government prevented him from talking about this for decades."

:lolol: perhaps you have a point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports