PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Durham Police need to grow a pair and slap a fine on him.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
33BA5595-F819-4063-BEDF-26E555CB64C4.jpeg

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

I suppose I am also wasting my time in pointing out that France has almost the same population as the United Kingdom but over twice the surface area, but has an infection rate which is not greatly different from ours*.

* I have just checked the figures; it's about 5,500 to 6,000 below us for total deaths, though I would caveat that by saying that I don't know what their recording methods are. Nonetheless, it does show that lower population density does not necessarily mean you are less affected. In Hong Kong, people mostly live one above the other, yet their number of cases/rate of infection has been considerably lower than that of most European countries.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I suppose I am also wasting my time in pointing out that France has almost the same population as the United Kingdom but over twice the surface area, but has an infection rate which is not greatly different from ours*.

* I have just checked the figures; it's about 5,500 to 6,000 below us for total deaths, though I would caveat that by saying that I don't know what their recording methods are.

France has, probably, the most accurate figures of any European country. They've been counting deaths in hospitals, care homes and residences. Figures for excess deaths (above the mean) are roughly in line with the Covid deaths that have been announced.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
The Good Old Labour Party

The teachers are in no rush to get back to work full pay if they don't work 3 month holiday a year on full pay work nine till three each day 1 hour off for dinner 2 15mins tea breaks plus free periods all in each short day and free lunches And all they do is moan backed by the unions and the labour party pathetic.
Funny - only last month Starmer was demanding a lifting of lockdown and reopening everything.... and he vowed to work with the Government...all lies, as usual, from Labour...
Even Kay Burley challenged one of the labour front benchers at the weekend
The truly idiotic Angela Rayner tried to claim that leaving the people who are furloughed on 80% of their salary will be good for the economy
You really couldn’t make it up

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

The teachers are in no rush to get back to work full pay if they don't work 3 month holiday a year on full pay work nine till three each day 1 hour off for dinner 2 15mins tea breaks plus free periods all in each short day and free lunches And all they do is moan backed by the unions and the labour party pathetic.
Funny - only last month Starmer was demanding a lifting of lockdown and reopening everything.... and he vowed to work with the Government...all lies, as usual, from Labour...
The truly idiotic Angela Rayner tried to claim that leaving the people who are furloughed on 80% of their salary will be good for the economy

Come on now, you're making Bognor look bad

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

You have just made it up! Marvellous factually innacurate rant about teachers... I could skewer you on virtually EVERY point... Until recently Mrs V was teaching Year One in a school in Brighton, she was on the Train usually at 7am and returned usually 19.30....she rarely had time to eat the lunch that I prepared for her in those 12 hours. You lifted that almost word for word from right wing press dogma without a clue yourself.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'd settle for them just reconfirming that he DID receive a warning. No 10 says he didn't. They can't both be right

Spot on. I dont usually get angry about things like this, but, I'm livid right now. I just can't believe someone would travel that far with symptoms. And now apparently he did it again??

Dismayed.???

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Wow the whataboutery is off the scale now.

and as others have said you really don't have a clue about teacher's working patterns.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
And many people would suggest that's their plan. Be so vague and inconsistent, break the rules themselves while claiming there's was a special case, so the people break the lockdown and they don't have to take responsibility for the further spread of the disease.

The Tory motto has always been divide and conquer. Scattergun approach to advice, and then blame the public, as there will always be a section of the public to blame.

I actually feel sorry for the police (not like me to, but) they have an impossible task now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just watched PMQ's, Johnson just hates the constant scrutiny from Starmer.

Today he has trying to portray this and an attack on the public themselves, its all becoming more Trump like by the week

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm convinced Johnson will be gone by this time next year. He'll get his no-trade-deal over the line to please his backers, fit in a grand overseas visit somewhere with plenty of hand shaking, and then step down for less difficult opportunities.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

I assume from your post that you bypassed the education system, which is a shame. Everyone should have an education. If you had gone to school and gained an education you may appreciate the difficulty of the job and that teachers are dedicated professionals. An education may have allowed you to evaluate evidence to obtain an objective conclusion.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

What a thicko you must be to assume that teachers work the same hours as pupils.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports