Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I didn't watch PMQs yesterday but I haven't heard anything about Starmer bringing up Steve Coogan? Did he?

Hah! Hadn't seen this before I posted on the C**T thread about Coogan being a dick and giving the usual suspects the chance to use their favourite buzzwords.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah suspected, I’m sure Starmer will let that one go then.

I am afraid there is nothing 'suspected' about the 10,000 unexplained deaths.

He asked Johnson about the 10,000 difference between Government reported and ONS reported care home deaths at last week's PMQs the day after the figures were released by the ONS. Johnson didn't know why there was a difference of 10,000 :shrug:

In fact, here is his answer to why the 10,000 difference, he just seems to bluff and waffle without answering the question.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He asked Johnson about the 10,000 difference between Government reported and statistically reported car home deaths at last week's PMQs the day after the figures were released by the ONS. Johnson didn't know why there was a difference of 10,000 :shrug:

In fact, here is his answer to why the 10,000 difference, he just seems to bluff and waffle without answering the question.

No change there then, despite him doubtless having being intensively home schooled by Dom for the past week in an effort to make him up his game when he's up before the beak :lol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He asked Johnson about the 10,000 difference between Government reported and statistically reported car home deaths at last week's PMQs the day after the figures were released by the ONS. Johnson didn't know why there was a difference of 10,000 :shrug:

They are desperate to get the home crowd back, behind closed doors just isn't working for Johnson. Sod the social distancing, there is a real danger the public might start listening to the detail rather than merely observing the ambience

D

Deleted member 2719

He’s holding our Government to account not other European countries you daft turnip!

He is always political point-scoring for his gain and not the country.
He has also mocked the government for dropping the daily European comparison chart.
He is happy when he can use it for his leverage, but doesn't like it up him you rotten beetroot.

If he was a politician in those countries, then it'd be relevant.

At least try to make a valid point. :lolol:

You are not a rotten beetroot.

I’m speechless

It depends how you count them, certainly the number of excess deaths in carehomes is way higher than the 'official' figures - as they aren't bothering to run many tests in care homes, and if there isn't a test it isn't an official covid death.

Can't say what other countries are doing in that regard.
I agree I have always said that there are too many variables to compare, but Starmer doesn't see the detail and continues to beat that drum.

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Our reporting of deaths in care homes is quite possibly woefully underestimated because they only count where Covid 19 is mentioned on the death certificate. Plenty of ours are strongly suspected to be Covid but not reported as such.

Do you trust any of the countries across the world??
Why do you believe our figures will be reported any different to anywhere else?
This world is a corrupt place.

I’m not.

Forget the dodgy stats in that graph. The punctuation and abuse of the English language alone is enough to tell you that either a child produced it (primary level or below) or someone with such low cerebral integrity that the turd you drop daily would likely record a higher score in an IQ test.

You exposed your IQ in that statement alone; great grammar is not connected to high IQ, you might actually be a sweaty potato.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Do you trust any of the countries across the world??
Why do you believe our figures will be reported any different to anywhere else?
This world is a corrupt place.

So if the world is a corrupt place, when why should Starmer bother discussing data from other countries?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
So if the world is a corrupt place, when why should Starmer bother discussing data from other countries?

because instead of holding our own government to account, the leader of the opposition really should be more concerned with how the likes of Sao Tome and Principe, Timor Leste, Suriname and Chad are getting on- OBVIOUSLY

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

I read the posts to which you were replying with my jaw agape. I don't agree with much he posts, he being a habitual advocate of contemporary devils, but I did suspect a working brain beneath the pork pie hat. Seems I was wrong :shrug:.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This.

I read the posts to which you were replying with my jaw agape. I don't agree with much he posts, he being a habitual advocate of contemporary devils, but I did suspect a working brain beneath the pork pie hat. Seems I was wrong :shrug:.

I really think I should defend [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] Obviously there is a significant issue below the hat, as you point out, but I think this is made to look even worse by an underlying physical allergy to facts and the retention of information.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Has Starmer mentioned the death rates in carehomes in other European countries?

Starmer really needs to get his detail right.

The graph you posted is embarrassing. Is that why you only posted a blurry image of it rather than a link so people could read the data and basis of it?

For starters it shows the % of (reported) care home casualties, within each country, but deliberately presented as total numbers. Bother to consider what totals those % are OF and you see a very, very different graph.

Presented to mislead. But then it is taken from an alt-right agitator’s site, so hardly surprising.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mocking posters and whataboutism is the only contribution from several people in this, and other political threads.
And don't forget the close relative of whataboutism - which is 'false equivalence'.

Eg. President Plump lies 50,000 times, but that is ok because all politicians have told a lie.

* rolls eyes *.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lies, damned lies and statistics. Our reporting of deaths in care homes is quite possibly woefully underestimated because they only count where Covid 19 is mentioned on the death certificate. Plenty of ours are strongly suspected to be Covid but not reported as such.

Have you got any evidence for this?

All the anecdotal evidence I've heard is that everything is being recorded as covid19.

*edit* just seen the excess death figures. So the next question: is there any evidence that it's been gerrymandered for the benefit of the government?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here