Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Probably bad for Johnson. He will be persuaded to cash in his chips, take the generous ex PMs pension and security detail, accept the several high pay, low work directorships offered to him, go back to his Telegraph column, write a book or two and do the odd chat show spot.

wasn't that always his intention, win an election and then.......

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You just type [QU0TE] Put what they've said here, then end it with [/QU0TE]

I've changed the O in quote to a zero so that you can see it.

Let's see how I can get on with this ...

To see who the quote is from, leave the first quote as the forum makes it. In this example (me quoting you), that's [QU0TE=Machiavelli;9352483] and close with [/QU0TE]
Again, I've change the 'O' to a zero (in both opening and closing 'quote'.

Thanking you, irrespectively

Ha. I've had an error message already. I'm going to try it out anyway.

Edit: that was dreadful

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I understand your point, but the reason the Conservatives kept going on about the 2008 financial crisis was because that was the last time Labour was in power.

The reason I said Covid 19 wont sadly get a mention is because I feel that the world moves on and other news items happen.

Take the Australian PM for instance. Pre Covid 19 he was dispised because of his handling of the bush fire crisis. Now he is a hero for his response to Covid 19.

Mrs T was in trouble in the early 80's, then come the Falklands war and she is a hero.

They repeated it because it was effective, it plays into something that the Conservatives want people to believe about Labour. It's why COVID-19 will definitely be an enormous factor at the next election as for Labour it's a perfect storm of Conservatives appearing uncaring and unable to manage the NHS (coupled with an economic downturn and subsequent hit to people's finances).

Events happen, of course. It also cuts both ways though - so it is just as, if not more, likely for there to be another crisis that the Conservatives struggle with as there is to be a unifying event. But what you're saying is that there is PROBABLY going to be an event that has a bigger impact on the British society/economy between now and the next election to the point that COVID-19 doesn't get mentioned? I wouldn't bet on it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ha. I've had an error message already. I'm going to try it out anyway.

Edit: that was dreadful
You just have to make sure that the number of times you start and then close a quote, they match up.

I shall demonstrate. Every time I start or close a quote, I'll also write [QU0TE] with the zero, so you know what I've done. Note, your message above already has [QU0TE=Machiavelli;9352685] and [/QU0TE]

Here goes:

[QU0TE]
Oo, this is inside a quote
[/QU0TE]

This is not

[QU0TE]
and this is
[/QU0TE]

D

Deleted member 2719

Has Starmer mentioned the death rates in carehomes in other European countries?

Starmer really needs to get his detail right.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2020-05-20-23-05-59.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2020-05-20-23-05-59.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 103

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Has Starmer mentioned the death rates in carehomes in other European countries?

Starmer really needs to get his detail right.

If he was a politician in those countries, then it'd be relevant.

At least try to make a valid point. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here