Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A few years ago, I would have totally agreed with you. How could a man so clearly out of his depth, lacking in any and all leadership traits, be in charge for much longer? Then Trump happened. Sadly I fear that both blithering idiots will be with us for quite some time to come as many, for reasons only known to themselves, find their blustering buffoonery appealing.
The difference is that the Republicans will stand behind their man and not many will criticise him despite his many obvious failings.
The Tories on the other hand will wield the knife if Johnson continues is this manner. The 1922 committee run the Tory machine and they will act if/when they lose confidence in Johnson.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
The difference is that the Republicans will stand behind their man and not many will criticise him despite his many obvious failings.
The Tories on the other hand will wield the knife if Johnson continues is this manner. The 1922 committee run the Tory machine and they will act if/when they lose confidence in Johnson.

So....is this a good or a bad thing?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not until the Blackberries are out
Regards
DF

Perfect opportunity for you to get off the rock n roll mate. That's a long road and can be hard to break the cycle but if I were in your position, long term unemployed, I would grab that with both hands.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The public also voted for Boaty McBoat Face, we clearly can't be trusted with decisions [emoji38]ol:

I agree with you on Sunak though, he seems to be one of the few cabinet members that will come out of this situation with an improved standing.
Sunak is looking a cool operator at the moment, the only one on the Ship of Fools. However, when the time comes to pay for all the largesse he has showered us with, he will be tarnished like all the others. Taxes one way or another will rise and he will be the person to announce the bad news.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agreed, although they will just use the standard line rolled out by labour supporters which was, it was the same all over the world, not Gordon’s fault. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gordon's in the Tory Party now? :wozza:

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
i'm at work so i've not seen it yet,

but how do you keep getting ambushed in the same place at the same time? :lolol:

This quote, attributed to Einstein, although it may or may not have been said by him:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
This must be BJ's most feared hour of his week. And all the bluff and bluster in the world won't save him from the forensic scrutiny of Starmer. Must be absolutely terrifying politicallyvwhen there's nowhere to hide and nowhere to deflect

REALLY?!!!

:rotlf:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] is going to have to patiently explain to me how to respond directly to quotes but, in the absence of that, I'm referring to each emboldened passage in turn:
-- agreed, and I don't see Labour winning many seats in Scotland. The only other scenario is the Greens and Lib Dems are pretty much wiped out (or agree to stand down in the next election if Labour backs PR, which it should, in no small part because of the Scotland issue, which may even be independent by then any way)
-- what makes you think 2024? In the last five years, we've had three elections, and things have got more disruptive since ...
-- ... and f&*^ knows why on earth you think CV19 won't even get a mention. There will be sectors of the economy still struggling to get to half capacity even in four years time (eg aviation)
-- as many on here have said, the Tories are ruthless with their leaders, although there has been a bit of a personality cult developed around Boris Bannon Buffoon

Corbyn refused to cooperate with tactical voting, which could have changed a lot of constituency results.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This quote, attributed to Einstein, although it may or may not have been said by him:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

You're right, there is no evidence to say that Einstein quoted that.

He did, however, say "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods".

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So....is this a good or a bad thing?
Probably bad for Johnson. He will be persuaded to cash in his chips, take the generous ex PMs pension and security detail, accept the several high pay, low work directorships offered to him, go back to his Telegraph column, write a book or two and do the odd chat show spot.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Corbyn refused to cooperate with tactical voting, which could have changed a lot of constituency results.
He lost, but it didn't matter because his thought was 'pure' - the way of the comfortable Mensheviks.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Probably bad for Johnson. He will be persuaded to cash in his chips, take the generous ex PMs pension and security detail, accept the several high pay, low work directorships offered to him, go back to his Telegraph column, write a book or two and do the odd chat show spot.

I don't really "do" politics:whistle:....but just as an aside, how have the hated Tories been doing in recent elections?

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
i'm at work so i've not seen it yet,

but how do you keep getting ambushed in the same place at the same time? :lolol:

*Titter* - now that is such an obvious bear-trap, as T Bliar would say......my betting is no-one is daft enough to stand in it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
6 posts on a political thread in under an hour suggests otherwise.......reveal yourself whoever you are! ???

he is prolific, but certainly not profound .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here