Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You don't appear to understand how politics works. He won a massive majority in a general election in December 2019. There is very little chance of Labour turning around that Conservative majority in the next GE without winning a huge amount of seats back in Scotland.

Performances at PMQ's very rarely translate to the ballot box. William Hauge used to get the better of Tony Blair at PMQ's, but that did him little good when it came to votes.

The next GE is very likely to be in 2024 and I am very sorry to say that Covid 19 will probably not even get a mention. The world would have moved on since then.

I am not disagreeing with you in BoJo's performance dealing with Covid 19 or during PMQ's, but to think he will be gone soon is just wishful thinking and a little bit naive on your part.

The economy will dominate the next GE completely because of the mess we're now in.................headway in terms of recovery and lots of positive signs and the Tories will walk it. Anything else and could be closer than would normally be expected after one term with such a large majority I reckon. Whether BoJo is leader by then is a different matter though - can easily some sort of party rebellion and ousting before then. Starmer is basically acting like a calm, rational Piers Morgan at the moment - he can ask all the difficult questions without having to propose a single thing. Test for him will come when he has to start formulating policies, and get the whole party behind him without any diverging factions.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have you been drinking this afternoon?, I do appreciate you FRISPS like to get on the sauce!

Is that your best shot at intelligent discussion? You'll be disappointed with that effort. And also, hopefully, with many of your previous efforts. Like the rest of us are. Why not take some time out and head down to the beech. Or your nearest other available tree :shrug:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Bojo is only in now because Corbyn was so inept. We've had 4 years of lies but now its different, he to deliver, facts and evidence and coliding with reality and its not pretty, and we haven't even dealt with the pile of issues in temporary storage for Brexit.

Labour will be praying the Tories hang onto Johnson and whatever they do keep Sunak "their only person of any worth" well away from the leadership

I disagree with you. You can accuse Boris of many things in politics,but one thing he does is win elections. He won two terms as London Mayor in a city that hate his type of politician and he won a massive landslide in December. I hear your point about it being because he was only up against Jeremy Corbyn, but Mrs May didn't do nearly as well against JC a couple of years earlier.

Sunak is a far more talented man that BJ, but BJ is a far better vote winner. For some strange reason the public love him. I guess it's because he his not polished and his happy to play the fool.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Is that your best shot at intelligent discussion? You'll be disappointed with that effort. And also, hopefully, with many of your previous efforts. Like the rest of us are. Why not take some time out and head down to the beech. Or your nearest other available tree :shrug:

I’m in discussion with you so it’s hardly intellectual is it, I guess I’ll be back at around 12:15 next Wednesday to hear your moronic commentary of PMQs. Can’t you go out and pick some litter up in Preston Park or help Jevs out at the Rockery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You don't appear to understand how politics works. He won a massive majority in a general election in December 2019. There is very little chance of Labour turning around that Conservative majority in the next GE without winning a huge amount of seats back in Scotland.

Performances at PMQ's very rarely translate to the ballot box. William Hauge used to get the better of Tony Blair at PMQ's, but that did him little good when it came to votes.

The next GE is very likely to be in 2024 and I am very sorry to say that Covid 19 will probably not even get a mention. The world would have moved on since then.

I am not disagreeing with you in BoJo's performance dealing with Covid 19 or during PMQ's, but to think he will be gone soon is just wishful thinking and a little bit naive on your part.

#prayforgove

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
For some strange reason the public love him. I guess it's because he his not polished and his happy to play the fool.

The public also voted for Boaty McBoat Face, we clearly can't be trusted with decisions :lolol:

I agree with you on Sunak though, he seems to be one of the few cabinet members that will come out of this situation with an improved standing.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

The Sunak love in on here makes me cringe...

IMO horrible brown nose Johnson general who appeared on any politics TV programme in the last couple of years churning out the ERG mantra...

I get the impression if Johnson farts, Sunak says excuse me...

Wanker

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I disagree with you. You can accuse Boris of many things in politics,but one thing he does is win elections. He won two terms as London Mayor in a city that hate his type of politician and he won a massive landslide in December. I hear your point about it being because he was only up against Jeremy Corbyn, but Mrs May didn't do nearly as well against JC a couple of years earlier.

Sunak is a far more talented man that BJ, but BJ is a far better vote winner. For some strange reason the public love him. I guess it's because he his not polished and his happy to play the fool.

I can see your point of view, today he is hated in the capital but they did vote for him twice. Johnson is a good communicator and is cunning, more recently using the cover of casual racism and nationalism to convince millions to vote against their own interests.

Time will tell, the tax dodging newspaper billionaires know what side their bread is buttered on, he will be a soft touch and they will still be there for him in 4 years. A few scraps for red wall towns, and who knows he might pull it off again.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The Sunak love in on here makes me cringe...

IMO horrible brown nose Johnson general who appeared on any politics TV programme in the last couple of years churning out the ERG mantra...

I get the impression if Johnson farts, Sunak says excuse me...

Wanker

Nah....he's biding his time and playing along. He's very bright, and will be very cute politically (can't get on at Goldman Sachs as he did without being both). He's very fiercely ambitious - I think he's just waiting for his moment (ie which BJ balls-up to use to stick the knife in). He's not in it for the money, that's for sure. Whether he will appeal to the masses in the same way BoJo does I doubt - at least we know he's got one hater :D

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m in discussion with you so it’s hardly intellectual is it, I guess I’ll be back at around 12:15 next Wednesday to hear your moronic commentary of PMQs. Can’t you go out and pick some litter up in Preston Park or help Jevs out at the Rockery?

Wow you are one kinky stalker for sure :eek:

Tho, taking the positives, could be far worse. Could be you :lol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I'm not totally sure he's playing mate

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Johnson will go, but not because of Labour. Tories stab themselves in the back. There are a lot of ambitious men and women just waiting to step in when the crisis is over.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I do agree nothing in politcs is ever certain. And probably shouldn't be (events dear boy...events)

But I am not sure this constitutes being on the fence: https://keirstarmer.com/plans/10-pledges/

Thanks for posting. Will have a squizz. If you remember this exchange, re-post when their next manifesto is announced, and we'll see how it lives up to it (it seems to be outlining values at first glance, rather than policy)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Part of this is a fallacy. May in the 2017 election collected 13,636,684 votes and lost 13 seats, Johnson got 13,966,454 votes, a difference of 300,000ish across the entire country, and gained 48 seats on a turnout down 1.5 percent.
The Tories didn’t win a majority in terms of votes, but due to our not fit for purpose, ‘Democratic’ electoral system he was a big winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here