Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Aa an old Etonian, it was all going to be a jolly jape, because being a Prime Minister is what Etonians were born to do. The reality is very different and he has no idea how to handle a crisis.

My favourite BJ story by far, which sort of sums up the entitled low IQ bluffer:

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/06/12/...rt-1-a-role-on-which-the-curtain-never-falls/

'When he was at Eton in the early 1980s, Boris Johnson did something that seems to have set the tone for the rest of his adult life.

Cast in the title role of a production of Shakespeare’s Richard II, he didn’t bother to learn his part.

The character of Richard II has 758 lines in his eponymously titled play. The part requires the actor to be on stage for most of the two-and-a-half hours running time. You can’t ‘wing’ Richard II. But Boris Johnson tried.

Pasting his lines on bits of paper about the place he hoofed the speeches and made up the rest – throwing in jokes whenever there was an awkward silence.

His father Stanley, who was in the audience, thought it was all ‘a hoot’. Nobody else did'

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
My favourite BJ story by far, which sort of sums up the entitled low IQ bluffer:

https://bylinetimes.com/2019/06/12/...rt-1-a-role-on-which-the-curtain-never-falls/

'When he was at Eton in the early 1980s, Boris Johnson did something that seems to have set the tone for the rest of his adult life.

Cast in the title role of a production of Shakespeare’s Richard II, he didn’t bother to learn his part.

The character of Richard II has 758 lines in his eponymously titled play. The part requires the actor to be on stage for most of the two-and-a-half hours running time. You can’t ‘wing’ Richard II. But Boris Johnson tried.

Pasting his lines on bits of paper about the place he hoofed the speeches and made up the rest – throwing in jokes whenever there was an awkward silence.

His father Stanley, who was in the audience, thought it was all ‘a hoot’. Nobody else did'

I get the slight impression you are not BoJo's biggest fan (me either), but I am afraid to say we have probably got at least another 9 years of him being PM.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Tories thought when they'd got Bercow to retire they would have it easy. Lindsay Hoyle managed to put Hancock back in his place today.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I get the slight impression you are not BoJo's biggest fan (me either), but I am afraid to say we have probably got at least another 9 years of him being PM.

Personally doubt we'll even have another nine months of him. How on earth can you just wing being PM? No other First World leader anywhere - apart from Trump obviously - comes anywhere close to being so crap. Even 'Dominatrix' Cummings can only polish a turd so far

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Personally doubt we'll even have another nine months of him. How on earth can you just wing being PM? No other First World leader anywhere - apart from Trump obviously - comes anywhere close to being so crap. Even 'Dominatrix' Cummings can only polish a turd so far

A few years ago, I would have totally agreed with you. How could a man so clearly out of his depth, lacking in any and all leadership traits, be in charge for much longer? Then Trump happened. Sadly I fear that both blithering idiots will be with us for quite some time to come as many, for reasons only known to themselves, find their blustering buffoonery appealing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Starmer playing the simple, ignorant card is becoming rather predictable.

He needs to step up his game, too nonchalant and repetitive.

Give it some gusto lad.

Why should Starmer try and play Boris at his own game and fight gusto with gusto?

Starmer makes the fullest of impact in part because his delivery style is the complete opposite of Boris, i.e. deliberate, precise, forensic and surgical delivery vs. fast, broad-sweeping, stuttering bluster.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
i'm at work so i've not seen it yet,

but how do you keep getting ambushed in the same place at the same time? :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All about opinions I guess, I simply think that the courtroom delivery will soon lose the novelty value when his 'fish in a barrel' target moves on next year and he has to start showing his cards as to where Labour is going post Corbyn.

I agree, it's different, but three weeks in and an easy subject target....hardly world changing mg so far.

Happy to address this thread in 12/18 months time.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

You don't appear to understand how politics works. He won a massive majority in a general election in December 2019. There is very little chance of Labour turning around that Conservative majority in the next GE without winning a huge amount of seats back in Scotland.

Performances at PMQ's very rarely translate to the ballot box. William Hauge used to get the better of Tony Blair at PMQ's, but that did him little good when it came to votes.

The next GE is very likely to be in 2024 and I am very sorry to say that Covid 19 will probably not even get a mention. The world would have moved on since then.

I am not disagreeing with you in BoJo's performance dealing with Covid 19 or during PMQ's, but to think he will be gone soon is just wishful thinking and a little bit naive on your part.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
i'm at work so i've not seen it yet,

but how do you keep getting ambushed in the same place at the same time? :lolol:

If you don't have the wit to see it coming or the intellect to deal with it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why should Starmer try and play Boris at his own game and fight gusto with gusto?

Starmer makes the fullest of impact in part because his delivery style is the complete opposite of Boris, i.e. deliberate, precise, forensic and surgical delivery vs. fast, broad-sweeping, stuttering bluster.

Bingo!! I was waiting for “forensic “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You don't appear to understand how politics works. He won a massive majority in a general election in December 2019. There is very little chance of Labour turning around that Conservative majority in the next GE without winning a huge amount of seats back in Scotland

And you don't appear to understand how the world has changed since December 2019. Back in yer strange little box :wave:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Regretfully the majority of the country are on the beech, in their gardens enjoying the sunshine, as apposed to watching PMQ’s

It’s brilliant nowadays. You can do all those things and LISTEN to as well.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Bojo is only in now because Corbyn was so inept. We've had 4 years of lies but now its different, he to deliver, facts and evidence and coliding with reality and its not pretty, and we haven't even dealt with the pile of issues in temporary storage for Brexit.

Labour will be praying the Tories hang onto Johnson and whatever they do keep Sunak "their only person of any worth" well away from the leadership

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You don't appear to understand how politics works. He won a massive majority in a general election in December 2019. There is very little chance of Labour turning around that Conservative majority in the next GE without winning a huge amount of seats back in Scotland.

Performances at PMQ's very rarely translate to the ballot box. William Hauge used to get the better of Tony Blair at PMQ's, but that did him little good when it came to votes.

The next GE is very likely to be in 2024 and I am very sorry to say that Covid 19 will probably not even get a mention. The world would have moved on since then.

I am not disagreeing with you in BoJo's performance dealing with Covid 19 or during PMQ's, but to think he will be gone soon is just wishful thinking and a little bit naive on your part.

Whilst I appreciate you’re no fan of the Tory party, It’s clear that you know your onions, I have the utmost respect for you in posting this. Bravo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here