Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I find it utterly amusing that the last standing post of Brighton & Hove is still trying to wave the red flag. Outside the borders of this city - the Labour party is a complete & utter irrelevance. How many people in the U.K. could even quote its leader?
You can stand at the Sussex Coast - head north till you reach Scotland & never be in a Labour constituency!
The party is an utter irrelevance in the 21st century & this is not necessarily a good thing! All governments need a decent opposition. Labour are going the same way as the Lib Dem’s, who?

202 constituencies represented by Labour so you’d have to zigzag all over not to go through one going north.
By all means express your opinion, but don’t post rubbish.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
202 constituencies represented by Labour so you’d have to zigzag all over not to go through one going north.
By all means express your opinion, but don’t post rubbish.

You really wouldn't...

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 22.27.17.png

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I find it utterly amusing that the last standing post of Brighton & Hove is still trying to wave the red flag. Outside the borders of this city - the Labour party is a complete & utter irrelevance. How many people in the U.K. could even quote its leader?
You can stand at the Sussex Coast - head north till you reach Scotland & never be in a Labour constituency!
The party is an utter irrelevance in the 21st century & this is not necessarily a good thing! All governments need a decent opposition. Labour are going the same way as the Lib Dem’s, who?

Well I fail to vote or believe in any of them, but that is quite a bizarre post because I live in a London constituency that has always been Labour so it's clearly not an irrelevance to them.

However the issue at the moment isn't really about Labour but about the Conservative Party starting to fight with itself again.

It was always going to be a marriage of convenience when you have someone as politically liberal, free spending and populist as Boris with a cabinet full individuals who hate the state and taxation and are suspicious of the large vanity projects that simply define our Prime Minister.

He managed to waste at least 600 million as London Mayor on such projects. It's all there is black and white.

They chose him primarily on "Brexit Purity". Now that's settled the ideological splits are starting to open again. Cabinet members are observing what they suspected all along, he doesn't do detail, loves the attention of signing a huge cheque and will go missing when decisions need to be made. He hasn't actually got any political allies in the party and half the cabinet are getting pissed off they are being excluded from decision making after getting him there in the first place.

It's started slowly, but Tory MPs are staring to brief against him.

Last edited:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I can never quite understand the claim that immigrants were encouraged to flood into the UK so that the Labour Party would gain voters. Unless they obtain Citizenship they are not allowed to vote in Parliamentary elections or have all these immigrants become British. Is it easy to obtain citizenship and if so are they still immigrants?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Ok, who's second account is this? Come on, own up!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Draw a straight line from Brighton to Scotland.

He said "the Sussex coast". I've got slightly better things to do than try and prove someone else's point, particularly when I have little interest in the debate sitting behind it, but I don't think "you’d have to zigzag all over" is likely regardless.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He said "the Sussex coast". I've got slightly better things to do than try and prove someone else's point, particularly when I have little interest in the debate sitting behind it, but I don't think "you’d have to zigzag all over" is likely regardless.

He said the last standing post of Brighton & Hove waving the red flag, and went on to say travel from the South Coast.
I haven’t even included the Labour councils.

Pointless debate because the Opposition parties are not irrelevant. Tides turn quickly in politics.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What an gnorant, I’ll-informed post. Labour got a shoeing at the 2019 general election, in terms of seats won. Fair enough - those are the rules.

But in terms of actual voting figures - the difference between the two major parties is not that stark (13m v 10m voters). And that was a Labour Party with an unelectable leader, who provided the Tory party and their tame media with a series of open goals, and a slew of Brexit at all costs votes ‘lent’ to the blue team.

You accuse Brighton and Hove of being a bubble - it seems that you perhaps are one that needs to educate yourself a little to attitudes and opinions further afield.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

A straight line line would have to take in the curvature of the earth anyway.

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

You might be okay going up the A1. However, if those constituencies are re-sized on the basis of the electorate number and not land mass... Remember, there is always more blue because the Tories hold the shires. Those are such silly charts.

Labour got 10,269,051 votes at the election. I think they are relevant away from these parts.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

[MENTION=28389]This is me[/MENTION]

Try this, adjusted to population v constituency size. Bit of zig zagging needed in the better (although not totally pin-point) picture.

Capture.JPG

Source: Daily Torygraph

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Labour wants to keep ‘the working class’ in their place by hanging on to and fostering the idea that they are still being oppressed. Nothing is further from the truth - the working class were emancipated many years ago. When Labour realised that their voters were dwindling they created more by opening the borders to anyone and everyone. During their spell in power the country’s population grew by several million, putting pressure on already overworked public services. Labour are the enemy of the people.

:lolol:
Hilarious complacent nonsense. And, just to offer you a way out of this drivel, perhaps you can indicate how wealth has been distributed over the past 40 years, and how labour has fared vis-a-vis the affluent.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Labour wants to keep ‘the working class’ in their place by hanging on to and fostering the idea that they are still being oppressed. Nothing is further from the truth - the working class were emancipated many years ago. When Labour realised that their voters were dwindling they created more by opening the borders to anyone and everyone. During their spell in power the country’s population grew by several million, putting pressure on already overworked public services. Labour are the enemy of the people.

Too bloody right, Bognor's finest. Just look at one piece (of many) of evidence that supports your assertion 100%. These red swine introduced the NHS and thereby at a stroke reduced the health of the working class.

(I was going to write that only someone with the brain the size of an earwig could produce a post such as yours. I have to correct myself: for earwig please read earwig's.)

D

Deleted member 2719

‘Winding the nation up’? What an insanely odd take. Calling out mistakes, and bad policy, is literally the point of the opposition. Are you seriously suggesting that it would be better not to alert the public to problems - in the name of ‘unity’?

I hope you didn’t bet too much. I didn’t vote Labour in either of the last two GEs.

Looking for solutions for the future would be helpful, looking at things that the government may or may not have done in the past, particularly in this situation It is just political point-scoring.

We all know that these things will be brought up later before the next election.

Starmer is just trying to gain some traction now but while doing that he is potentially putting lives at risk with anxiety and hatred, he is just trying to open up a massive gash between people that will never heal over.
It's just not needed.

He is actually playing the so-called "constructive" card really badly, and will never get middle-ground voters in this way.

Guess what I never bet, in monetary terms as it just makes no sense when you have no control over the outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here