Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At the helm of their respective parties, meaning the represent the whole nation between them I thought someone as erudite and creative as yourself might have worked that out.

Still......just shows.

Shows what?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Completely agree. The day to day drift and bungled communications were going completely unchallenged for weeks, costing many, many lives. The only thing the Tory hierarchy fear, is the tory media and their MP's turning against them. Starmer is starting to make this happen.

Indeed. The opposition highlighting mistakes, and flawed policy, is THEIR JOB - and directly, or indirectly, that process IS constructive.. Loyal, died-in-the-wool Tories, like [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] * clearly find that an uncomfortable truth, but there you are - that's their issue.

* - yes, I know he claims to have never voted Tory. I don't believe him.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks, Please address me now as Sir Mouldy.

You can tell him to pm me anytime, and I intend to help him be constructive, in time of a worldwide disaster, as he is winding things up all the time and giving the media what they want will only cause more anxiety, mental health and violence.

I am happy to be his Dominic cummings.

There's really no other way to put it. You are INCREDIBLY stupid.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
a) Am certainly not a right winger, never voted Tory in my life.

b) Rattled? Not really, more disappointed in the negative stance he seems to have adopted. Times like this demand unity and collective leadership from the boys/girls at the helm.

When he took office, he promised to help where needed over the desire to 'have a pop'.

Like all politicians, that pledge has soon evaporated.

As I said before, it is unlikely he will become PM as 9 years is a long time. Just wish he'd been a little more up front.

you luv that gag, don't you. it's bollox, but it's yours.

never voted tory? you're 17 then

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There was talk, at some stage, of allowing all parties to have some sort of input. I remember it well. I shall dig it out if I can find it.

I recall it since I was thinking 'Good luck with that'.

tag mouldy brain aswell, he is also labouring under that misconception

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Like I said, I recalled some input at some meeting on some day at some place after some coffee.

You're like one of those yappy dogs humping a leg, not letting go 'til you're done.

no,no, YOU won't leave it, you will just type anything, shame

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hope we can count on Starmer to lead a sustained attack on the current government. Relentless. The Tory voters know it could work and boy oh boy, are they nervous. They are almost as tetchy as when people tried to halt Brexit .

Shows Tory voters true colours; would rather tens of thousands needlessly die than admit fault.

Quite disturbed behaviour, really.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Good luck with conversing with HWT, he generally thinks his shite don't stink, and when he doesn't like what you say, he just facepalms you and puts you on ignore and then repeatedly says you're on ignore to all, but then comes back through another account to attack you.

Sad really.

what's his other account?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really get all this bluster about Tories "running scared". They only just won a 5 year election term - plenty of time for them to get the red tops firmly back on side, and they will do exactly that.

I really would love to see a non-Tory government get into power and immediately insist on changing the law so that no individual can own more than 10% of media outlets combined. How can it be right that 75% of our media is in the hands of about 5 or 6 billionaires, most of whom aren't even British? We don't get fed proper investigative journalism, we get spin and bullshit that manipulate the masses and only serve the billionaires themselves. Some of us have a had gut full of it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't really get all this bluster about Tories "running scared". They only just won a 5 year election term - plenty of time for them to get the red tops firmly back on side, and they will do exactly that.

I really would love to see a non-Tory government get into power and immediately insist on changing the law so that no individual can own more than 10% of media outlets combined. How can it be right that 75% of our media is in the hands of about 5 or 6 billionaires, most of whom aren't even British? We don't get fed proper investigative journalism, we get spin and bullshit that manipulate the masses and only serve the billionaires themselves. Some of us have a had gut full of it.

I think the expression was rattled rather than running scared. It won't be the press who ditch Johnson but his own MPs. They're well known for stabbing their own in the back. Gove and his Westminster WAG are waiting in the wings with baited breath.

Jimmy Grimble

This.

All the time the Tories have The Sun spinning for them they’ll be in no real danger of losing the next election.

D

Deleted member 2719

So the leader of the Opposition, calling out (a bumbling and incompetant) Government (which is his job to do) is going to cause the aforementioned issues?

You're not a drama queen, are you?

It's not me being the drama queen it's the lefties that are stirring up the hate AGAIN.

Look at this poor hard-working plumber, the salt of the earth and he has been bullied into anxiety and all stirred up by the likes of Starmer and the media.

You guys are probably the ones that are stalking him.

https://youtu.be/DVts3YAbslU

Indeed. The opposition highlighting mistakes, and flawed policy, is THEIR JOB - and directly, or indirectly, that process IS constructive.. Loyal, died-in-the-wool Tories, like [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] * clearly find that an uncomfortable truth, but there you are - that's their issue.

* - yes, I know he claims to have never voted Tory. I don't believe him.

Come on give it a break, the man is scoring points and winding the nation up.

For the record, I have not always voted for the tories, I bet you have always been labour though.

There's really no other way to put it. You are INCREDIBLY stupid.

Why is that??? because I support and back my country, in times of crisis, when we all have to pull together???

I think it's cute how they quote each other and are the only ones EVER to give each other a "thumbs up". Awwww. :love:

Strange that there appears to be another cute little gang on here doing the same thing, perhaps you have been left out???

I will show you my thumb if you like?

what's his other account?

Why are you looking to stalk him too?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The right are really worried about him, aren’t they?
Shitting themselves frankly.

Forensic at the despatch box.

Very much in the centre ground.

Comes from a working class background but rose through hard work to become DPP and part of the "establishment".

Has been knighted.

If all the press and MPs have got is a story about a field and a doctored far right video they are rattled.

Very.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's not me being the drama queen it's the lefties that are stirring up the hate AGAIN.

Look at this poor hard-working plumber, the salt of the earth and he has been bullied into anxiety and all stirred up by the likes of Starmer and the media.

You guys are probably the ones that are stalking him.

https://youtu.be/DVts3YAbslU

I'm fairly sure anyone can find a situation where they have been rounded on by the other side at any time - i'm not condoning it, but it's not some massive thing that only happens from people who are 'lefties', to bring it down to your wording.

Also, suggesting that it's someone from here? I mean, thats just being a dickhead, suggesting that. Unless you're willing to stand by that statement, that you think that low of your fellow forum members?

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm fairly sure anyone can find a situation where they have been rounded on by the other side at any time - i'm not condoning it, but it's not some massive thing that only happens from people who are 'lefties', to bring it down to your wording.

Also, suggesting that it's someone from here? I mean, thats just being a dickhead, suggesting that. Unless you're willing to stand by that statement, that you think that low of your fellow forum members?

Generally, I think there is a good bunch of people here and I am sorry if I offended you, but the left has been particularly nasty over the past 4 years and that is exactly what bit them in the arse for Brexit and the last election, but they will finger Corbyn for it instead. * Note to mods this is not sexual at all.

There needs to be balanced views across the forum IMO or it becomes a boring and stale lovefest.

But if you didn't already know most of the middle ground and right have had enough of their nasty vindictiveness.

If people could just back the nation together, then you can get back to playing politics in a couple of years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Come on give it a break, the man is scoring points and winding the nation up.

For the record, I have not always voted for the tories, I bet you have always been labour though.

‘Winding the nation up’? What an insanely odd take. Calling out mistakes, and bad policy, is literally the point of the opposition. Are you seriously suggesting that it would be better not to alert the public to problems - in the name of ‘unity’?

I hope you didn’t bet too much. I didn’t vote Labour in either of the last two GEs.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
I find it utterly amusing that the last standing post of Brighton & Hove is still trying to wave the red flag. Outside the borders of this city - the Labour party is a complete & utter irrelevance. How many people in the U.K. could even quote its leader?
You can stand at the Sussex Coast - head north till you reach Scotland & never be in a Labour constituency!
The party is an utter irrelevance in the 21st century & this is not necessarily a good thing! All governments need a decent opposition. Labour are going the same way as the Lib Dem’s, who?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I find it utterly amusing that the last standing post of Brighton & Hove is still trying to wave the red flag. Outside the borders of this city - the Labour party is a complete & utter irrelevance. How many people in the U.K. could even quote its leader?
You can stand at the Sussex Coast - head north till you reach Scotland & never be in a Labour constituency!
The party is an utter irrelevance in the 21st century & this is not necessarily a good thing! All governments need a decent opposition. Labour are going the same way as the Lib Dem’s, who?

Righto, boyo. One party state, here we come then.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011

Labour wants to keep ‘the working class’ in their place by hanging on to and fostering the idea that they are still being oppressed. Nothing is further from the truth - the working class were emancipated many years ago. When Labour realised that their voters were dwindling they created more by opening the borders to anyone and everyone. During their spell in power the country’s population grew by several million, putting pressure on already overworked public services. Labour are the enemy of the people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here