PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A briefing is not a consultation, meanwhile that article quotes a professor criticising the herd immunity policy of Johnson (5th April).

I simply said I recall all parties being invited to a meeting.

All parties...check

Meeting......check

Invited.......check

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Nope. The article you posted a link to doesn’t say that.

Fair enough. My memory was wrong, I am wrong.

The bit about Starmer being invited to cross party talks was my memory too. I didn't read that.

Apologies.

Starmer.JPG

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I simply said I recall all parties being invited to a meeting.

All parties...check

Meeting......check

Invited.......check

A meeting implies a discussion. A briefing is an exercise where Boris tells the attendees what the government is going to do. It’s a one way process, a meeting is not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A meeting implies a discussion. A briefing is an exercise where Boris tells the attendees what the government is going to do. It’s a one way process, a meeting is not.

Ok :thumbsup:

Where does 'talks' fit in with your dictionary meanings, as per the above with Starmer?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps he could be invited to COBRA meetings ?

Oh wait, he can't because then he'd see first hand that Cummings is running the show.

Lol.
:D

I think the plan was to have cross party input at some of these meetings I thought.

Probably unlikely now.

I hate to be pedantic (or factual) but in your post, you specifically referenced COBRA meetings, rather than a briefing set up by Johnson to tell other leaders what he was doing. Maybe they could have watched the 5 o'clock briefing like the rest of us :shrug:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I hate to be pedantic (or factual) but in your post, you specifically referenced COBRA meetings :shrug:

Like I said, I recalled some input at some meeting on some day at some place after some coffee.

You're like one of those yappy dogs humping a leg, not letting go 'til you're done.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Like I said, I recalled some input at some meeting on some day at some place after some coffee.

You're like one of those yappy dogs humping a leg, not letting go 'til you're done.

RATTLED.

After less than 2 months in the job.

I'll leave it at that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I just think that we should make sure blatantly false news is pointed out as early as possible, before people more gullible, and maybe less well informed as yourself, start believing it and repeating it.

I'm sure you'd agree :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The positive response from Labour supporters on here is unfortunately for them more self-deceit . Like the idea that old Jezza Carbomb was 'the man for the job'....etc etc.
It's no use appealing to a captive audience, you have to draw back the 'natural' supporters who have deserted the party.

You think the man who gave you this or this, or further back, when he was the Director of Public Prosecutions, the will bring back the Red Wall Deserters?

The whole idea is Delusional. He's just another or Carbomb - you're looking at loose the next general election and possibly the one after that.

....but rant on in your bubbles if it makes you happy.

I'm a collectivist by nature, btw, but ho hum - I expect the usual spittle-flecked keyboard warriors to get their woodies on this post.:ffsparr:

It's actually very rare for Oppositions to win elections against popular Governments, Governments usually lose them. And the current Government is currently doing a terrific job of killing off a lot of people's grans in swing constituencies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
a) Am certainly not a right winger, never voted Tory in my life.

b) Rattled? Not really, more disappointed in the negative stance he seems to have adopted. Times like this demand unity and collective leadership from the boys/girls at the helm.

When he took office, he promised to help where needed over the desire to 'have a pop'.

Like all politicians, that pledge has soon evaporated.

As I said before, it is unlikely he will become PM as 9 years is a long time. Just wish he'd been a little more up front.

How is Starmer supposed to help when Boris has decided he can handle all this himself rather than replicate the wartime 'government of national unity'? It is Starmer's job to be the loyal opposition, not just sit in silence or, worse, be a cheerleader for Boris. Anyway, Starmer must be doing an extraordinary impression of leadership if you actually think he's 'at the helm' :facepalm:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

b) Rattled? Not really, more disappointed in the negative stance he seems to have adopted. Times like this demand unity and collective leadership from the boys/girls at the helm.

When he took office, he promised to help where needed over the desire to 'have a pop'.

As I said before, it is unlikely he will become PM as 9 years is a long time. Just wish he'd been a little more up front.

Help where needed is not the same thing as blindly going along with the government at every turn - particularly when the government are doing things which are putting lives at risk or deliberately confusing.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
How is Starmer supposed to help when Boris has decided he can handle all this himself rather than replicate the wartime 'government of national unity'? It is Starmer's job to be the loyal opposition, not just sit in silence or, worse, be a cheerleader for Boris. Anyway, Starmer must be doing an extraordinary impression of leadership if you actually think he's 'at the helm' :facepalm:

At the helm of their respective parties, meaning the represent the whole nation between them I thought someone as erudite and creative as yourself might have worked that out.

Still......just shows.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have forwarded these to Starmer. You’re clearly more of a details man.

Thanks, Please address me now as Sir Mouldy.

You can tell him to pm me anytime, and I intend to help him be constructive, in time of a worldwide disaster, as he is winding things up all the time and giving the media what they want will only cause more anxiety, mental health and violence.

I am happy to be his Dominic cummings.

D

Deleted member 2719

At the helm of their respective parties, meaning the represent the whole nation between them I thought someone as erudite and creative as yourself might have worked that out.

Still......just shows.

Good luck with conversing with HWT, he generally thinks his shite don't stink, and when he doesn't like what you say, he just facepalms you and puts you on ignore and then repeatedly says you're on ignore to all, but then comes back through another account to attack you.

Sad really.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Starmer has already had a positive impact on the crisis. Following his forensic demolition of BJ at PMQ by just asking a couple of understatedly simple questions eg how do you explain the extra 10,000 deaths? and failing to get any kind of coherent answer, hmgov has been forced to up its game considerably on measures to protect care homes

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Starmer has already had a positive impact on the crisis. Following his forensic demolition of BJ at PMQ by just asking a couple of understatedly simple questions eg how do you explain the extra 10,000 deaths? and failing to get any kind of coherent answer, hmgov has been forced to up its game considerably on measures to protect care homes

Completely agree. The day to day drift and bungled communications were going completely unchallenged for weeks, costing many, many lives. The only thing the Tory hierarchy fear, is the tory media and their MP's turning against them. Starmer is starting to make this happen.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
in time of a worldwide disaster, as he is winding things up all the time and giving the media what they want will only cause more anxiety, mental health and violence.

So the leader of the Opposition, calling out (a bumbling and incompetant) Government (which is his job to do) is going to cause the aforementioned issues?

You're not a drama queen, are you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports