Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I do find it funny that these working class tories would rather back someone who has had everything in life handed to them on a plate over someone who has grafted his way to the top

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

What a shit meme.

You have to be thick as **** to believe that headline.

This is a quote from Rachel Reeves taken from the Sky article:

"We're saying they mustn't rush this and if they are not going to a secure deal, we mustn't crash out without a deal, so that means taking the time that is necessary but it's up to government to show that they can deliver the promises that they have made to the British people... that is getting a good deal and a good deal by the end of this year.”

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Great to so see that Starmer has got the right wingers rattled on NSC (which I'm assuming will represent those in the general public) as well as the right-wing media.

a) Am certainly not a right winger, never voted Tory in my life.

b) Rattled? Not really, more disappointed in the negative stance he seems to have adopted. Times like this demand unity and collective leadership from the boys/girls at the helm.

When he took office, he promised to help where needed over the desire to 'have a pop'.

Like all politicians, that pledge has soon evaporated.

As I said before, it is unlikely he will become PM as 9 years is a long time. Just wish he'd been a little more up front.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
a) Am certainly not a right winger, never voted Tory in my life.

b) Rattled? Not really, more disappointed in the negative stance he seems to have adopted. Times like this demand unity and collective leadership from the boys/girls at the helm.

When he took office, he promised to help where needed over the desire to 'have a pop'.

Like all politicians, that pledge has soon evaporated.

As I said before, it is unlikely he will become PM as 9 years is along time. Just wish he'd been a little more up front.
Perhaps he could be invited to COBRA meetings ?

Oh wait, he can't because then he'd see first hand that Cummings is running the show.

Lol.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Perhaps he could be invited to Cobra meetings ?

Oh wait, he can't because then he'd see first hand that Cummings is running the show.

Lol.

:D

I think the plan was to have cross party input at some of these meetings I thought.

Probably unlikely now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perhaps he could be invited to COBRA meetings ?

Lol.

Johnson could hardly invite him to go along, when he didn’t go himself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think the plan was to have cross party input at some of these meetings I thought.

Probably unlikely now.

What made you think that? Genuine question?

(Given that at no stage has any representative of the other parties being invited to join?)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What made you think that? Genuine question?

(Given that at no stage has any representative of the other parties being invited to join?)

There was talk, at some stage, of allowing all parties to have some sort of input. I remember it well. I shall dig it out if I can find it.

I recall it since I was thinking 'Good luck with that'.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What's the significance of the "9 years" you keep talking about?

According to my calcs (stand to be corrected) there are 4(?) more years left of this term and highly unlikely (% wise) to turn it around then so another 5 makes 9 (approx).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Probably unlikely now.

Now I know you're on another wind-up :lolol:

And, as I'm sure you know, it's against all rules and regulations to have politicians or political advisors at any independent scientific meeting, so there shouldn't be anybody from any 'party' and, certainly in the case of SAGE, there hasn't been in over 20 years until Cummings went :facepalm:

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Blimey, nice looking back. Found this too.

Starmer.JPG

Aaaahh......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to my calcs (stand to be corrected) there are 4(?) more years left of this term and highly unlikely (% wise) to turn it around then so another 5 makes 9 (approx).
The Tories won a 65 seat majority in 1992, and look what happened in 1997.

A week is a long time in politics, let alone four and a half years.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Tories won a 65 seat majority in 1992, and look what happened in 1997.

A week is a long time in politics, let alone four and a half years.

Fair enough. You may be right.

I would be genuinely surprised, but you may be right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here