Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Now you know Mouldy you old rascal no one knows how or what Labour would have done differently in this unprecedented situation. They may well have been an absolute car crash of a governing party or they may have handled the situation with calm, calculating and thoughtful actions. No one knows and let's hope this scenario never plays out, not because I would not like to see a Labour government but because I hope this situation never occurs again.
In the mean time The Conservatives are in power and it is Labour's duty to the electorate and more widely citizens of the U.K to question The Prime Minister at PMQT. It is only what The conservatives would be doing with a labour ruling party. How would you be feeling if labour was in power atm and the Tory ministers never uttered a word at PMQT when they had the opportunity to challenge detail in the government's handling of this awful virus, you and many others including me, a leftie as you like to call us, would be questioning the elected M.P's ability to debate, healthfuly for the good of the country. It's not entirely political to ask questions about the health of the country, everyone wants the most successful conclusion to a hideous situation.

It's why I very rarely venture onto political threads on here. One thing is I am not so politically minded as some so called experts on here and another is it usually ends in mudslinging and name calling, which to me achieves nothing. Even you must concede the questions asked by Starmer are cool,constructive, polite, and decisive a far cry from past exchanges with the baying crowd supporting both sides.

Hope you and your family are well mate.....will be nice when we can chew the fat over football rather than the P word.

Well said sir.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think we can over-estimate the importance of PMQs to the country at large.

True. But also us in the country at large may under-estimate the importance in the house. If Conservative MPs think Johnson is the man to continue bring them electoral success they will maybe put up with their man being shown up on a weekly basis.

But Johnson will improve. He will get physically better, the MPs will return to shout down, and he will develop tactics to respond.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's basically one on one right now in an empty Chamber, where Starmer will thrive.

Once Parliament is full of cheerers, guffawers and hear, hears then the impact will be less, as will Starmers slow, methodical delivery lose its novelty.

Maybe. But Johnson struggled against Corbyn who, to say the least, is no sharp debater.

There's a double-edged to this. Towards the end of her time as PM, there were fewer people shouting in support of May as the weeks went on. If support is ebbing away from Johnson, it will become very apparent (although he has a much bigger majority to play with, so this may not be the case).

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's basically one on one right now in an empty Chamber, where Starmer will thrive.

Once Parliament is full of cheerers, guffawers and hear, hears then the impact will be less, as will Starmers slow, methodical delivery lose its novelty.

A case of ' who cheers loudest wins' which is not big or clever, just pathetic sometimes. I prefer it as it is now, sensible debate.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think this is true enough but, there's one proviso. Tory MPs won't like seeing their leader get a kicking every week. Look at Iain Duncan Smith - he didn't lose an election, he didn't even fight one. He was booted out as leader as he couldn't lay a finger on Blair during PMQ - his performance there was enough to make him a figure of fun.

Johnson's PM, so it's slightly different, but even so, I don't think it's a given that PMQ doesn't ever matter

According to some well briefed sauces, the knives are already sharpened. The only reason that they aren't out is because no sane person would want the poisoned chalice at present. Borrowed time, sit back, let him crucify himself over and over then when someone needs to be seen as riding to the rescue..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6BJJe9JV_A

I shant shed a tear though. The ****.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So you're remaining hope now is that the baying buffoons will drown out any proper debate.

5399805046_0d30e4dd70.jpg

Good luck with that one :laugh:

And I notice you still haven't answered

Now, honest answer.

Have you ever posted as an NSC account from down under, on a thread about an American president :wink:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A case of ' who cheers loudest wins' which is not big or clever, just pathetic sometimes. I prefer it as it is now, sensible debate.

Indeed, but normally is a debate where both sides offer solutions and stances. I just feel so far that Kier is holding back, simply bashing the Tory approach to this pandemic, where he has grounds.

The smart thing would be to offer something in return, not simply criticism.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Were Keir to say "You know what, I'll show you how it should have been done" then not only would we get a pooling of resources, we'd have the next leader of the UK.

He needs to be a little more creative.

Do you really think Cummings would allow this “pooling of resources”? He wont even let a bunch of academics on the SAGE committee have some peace and quiet to think and discuss their science...he’s hardly going to let a political and intellectual might and challenger in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, but normally is a debate where both sides offer solutions and stances. I just feel so far that Kier is holding back, simply bashing the Tory approach to this pandemic, where he has grounds.

As I said, it’s not Prime Ministers Answers.....it’s Prime Ministers Questions.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So you are suggesting that if only Kier was as smart as you, he would be well on top ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Indeed. It's been a breath of fresh air to watch parliamentary debate without the braying, public school bollocks. I'm hoping that the "reyt northern" Speaker will try to keep it as similar as possible once they let all the Peter Griffin halfwits in at once. But I doubt it will happen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

To paraphrase, you seem to be suggesting it's easy to be 'forensic' in hindsight, but perhaps more useful and constructive to offer considered and viable alternative solutions to help us out of the predicament we are facing?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But Johnson will improve.

I'm not sure of that -he's no debater. Remember, this is the guy who wouldn't do interviews with Andrew Neil, this is a guy who hid in a fridge to avoid journalists, this is a guy who wouldn't attend hustings in his local constituency, this is the guy who bottled out of a debate with Corbyn, this is the guy who reduced his participation in hustings for the Tory leadership - in other words, debating against Tories in front of Tory audiences.

I don't think he is going to improve that much - although the party will certainly get behind him

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To paraphrase, you seem to be suggesting it's easy to be 'forensic' in hindsight, but perhaps more useful and constructive to offer considered and viable alternative solutions to help us out of the predicament we are facing?

To paraphrase, you seem to be suggesting that Johnson should have put together a cross-party Cabinet to be more useful and constructive offering solutions from all areas to help us out of this predicament we are facing, rather than rely so heavily on Cummings, even to the point of not getting agreement from his own Single party Cabinet prior to announcements ???

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Indeed. 2 for the price of one.....helps the nation AND his career.

Win/win.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
To paraphrase, you seem to be suggesting that Johnson should have put together a cross-party Cabinet to consider useful and constructive solutions from all areas to help us out of this predicament rather than rely so heavily on Cummings ???

Nope... that is to distort and twist. And would be an utter binfest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here