Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PMQ - Boris v Starmer - Spider And The Fly

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
..............and without the colossal increase in salary that normally goes with such a promotion. He'll be getting far less now than when he was doing HIGNFY occasionally and writing columns in the Telegraph.

Although a lucrative career of memoir-writing and posh-nob after dinner gigs awaits.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was correcting your error. Not sure if that qualifies as pendantic.But I am sure you can research the correct definition. :bigwave:

Sorry to be pedantic but, pendantic ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was correcting your error. Not sure if that qualifies as pendantic.But I am sure you can research the correct definition. :bigwave:

Don’t you have access to Google? I’m sure you really want to find out what’s true and what isn’t.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Anyway, the fact of the matter is that Starmer has taken BoJo to the cleaners at PMQs and going forward it will only get worse and worse and more and more humiliating for the oaf.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyway, the fact of the matter is that Starmer has taken BoJo to the cleaners at PMQs and going forward it will only get worse and worse and more and more humiliating for the oaf.

At a time when the country should unite against this virus, and after Labour asked to be part of the meetings to combat it, this seems a little awkward.

The twice Starmer has questioned the Govt, without saying how he would have handled it any differently, does not seem a constructive way forward for the country.

Unless pointing at each other over the dispatch box like schoolkids is beneficial of course.

As I said before, it's like shooting fish in a barrel for Starmer right now. Let's hear some constructive suggestions and plans rather than criticism. If he's to make a decent PM, then time to show his skills.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
At a time when the country should unite against this virus, and after Labour asked to be part of the meetings to combat it, this seems a little awkward.

The twice Starmer has questioned the Govt, without saying how he would have handled it any differently, does not seem a constructive way forward for the country.

Unless pointing at each other over the dispatch box like schoolkids is beneficial of course.

You're right of course but alas it was ever thus with PMQs. And it is depressing to witness the leader of our country being so easily exposed for the charlatan that he is, and to my knowledge opposition parties seldom say what they would do if in power, they just oppose. Again, and regrettably, it was ever thus.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You're right of course but alas it was ever thus with PMQs. And it is depressing to witness the leader of our country being so easily exposed for the charlatan that he is, and to my knowledge opposition parties seldom say what they would do if in power, they just oppose. Again, and regrettably, it was ever thus.

Do you not think how much more credibility Starmer would gain should he keep suggesting ideas publicly?

In a time where the PM is under scrutiny, rather than pick holes, he would appear in a much better light with positive plans at a time where we need unity.

If the Govt then chose to ignore him, think how his halo might grow.

Surprised his spin team haven't gone this route.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

As I said before, it's like shooting fish in a barrel for Starmer right now. Let's hear some constructive suggestions and plans rather than criticism. If he's to make a decent PM, then time to show his skills.

Boris will and has spouted bollocks to get a short term win. £350million on the side of a bus being one such example. The virus has taken this option from him and it’s showing. Anyone expecting Starmer to place nicely is deluded as Boris would use such a tactic to his advantage. He’s getting his just deserts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Boris will and has spouted bollocks to get a short term win. £350million on the side of a bus being one such example. The virus has taken this option from him and it’s showing. Anyone expecting Starmer to play nicely is deluded as Boris would use such a tactic to his advantage. He’s getting his just desserts.

Sent from ease of lockdown using Tapatalk

So long as it helps us go forward :thumbsup:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Do you not think how much more credibility Starmer would gain should he keep suggesting ideas publicly?

In a time where the PM is under scrutiny, rather than pick holes, he would appear in a much better light with positive plans at a time where we need unity.

If the Govt then chose to ignore him, think how his halo might grow.

Surprised his spin team haven't gone this route.

He's doing his job as leader of the opposition. It's exactly what he's supposed to do. Plus he's doing it in a respectful and intelligent manner.

This bullshit about "unity" is yet another Johnson / Cummings smokescreen when what we need is clarity and FACTS.

Don't believe the hype.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Make of this what you will... it doesn't seem to reflect many of the angry voices we hear so much from. One poll is not exactly forensic, and probably it will change with time?

Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 51% (+6)
LAB: 32% (-1)
LDEM: 7% (-5)
SNP: 5% (+1)
GRN: 2% (-1)

Via Kantar May 11
Changes wGE 2019

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here